Table of Contents
- 1 List Of Top 10 Sunscreens For People With Scars
- 2 1. Biotique Bio Sandalwood Ultra Soothing Face Lotion 50+ SPF UVA/UVB Sunscreen
- 3 2. Fiery Youth SPF 30 – Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection
- 4 3. Lacto Calamine Sun Shield SPF 30 PA++
- 5 4. Kaya Skin Clinic Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30
- 6 5. Neutrogena Sunblock Ultra Sheer SPF30
- 7 6. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 30 PA+++ Ultra Matte Lotion
- 8 7. Clinique SPF 50 With Solarsmart UVA UVB Advanced Protection Face Cream
- 9 8. L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Super Aqua Essence SPF 50
- 10 9. Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40
- 11 10. VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Cream SPF 30
Indian summers can be quite harsh. Protecting your skin from the severe effects of the ultraviolet rays should be a priority during summers. And, this is where sunscreens come into the picture. Mostly used to shield your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, sunscreens are also used as a base to apply makeup for protection against harsh chemicals.
People with scars often refrain from using sunscreens because of the safety hazard. Fact check! There are certain sunscreens that are safe for skin with scars too. All you have to keep in mind while buying a sunscreen for scars is that the sunscreen should contain SPF 30 or higher and should provide a broad-spectrum of UVA/UVB protection. So here we are with 10 best sunscreens that work well to protect your facial scars.
List Of Top 10 Sunscreens For People With Scars
1. Biotique Bio Sandalwood Ultra Soothing Face Lotion 50+ SPF UVA/UVB Sunscreen
Sandalwood is a proven ayurvedic medicine that helps soothe burns and acts as a guard against the UV radiation. A sunscreen lotion that is rich in nutrients, with qualities of sandalwood, saffron, honey, wheat germ and many other soothing ingredients, this product can soothe facial scars and hide them as well.
- Contains SPF 50+
- Guards the skin
- UVA and UVB protection properties
- Moisturizes skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Heavy for hot summer days
2. Fiery Youth SPF 30 – Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection
A sunscreen serum enriched with Aloe Vera, Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E, this sunscreen serum can work wonders on many skin problems. It can lighten, repair and moisturize your skin making it look youthful and glowing. With the goodness of Aloe Vera, this sunscreen serum is said to soothe the scars and lighten the pigmentation on your skin.
- Natural & Organic
- Anti-Wrinkle Serum Sunscreen
- SPF 30
- UVA and UVB protection
- Does not spread quickly due to thick texture
3. Lacto Calamine Sun Shield SPF 30 PA++
Rich in lemon extracts, this sunscreen by Lacto Calamine ensures that you get fair skin without any signs of scar burns or tans along with maintaining your natural glow. Offering an effective sun protection, this sunscreen also ensures that you get a glowing skin free from any dark spots or pigmentation.
- Protects from UVA/UVB
- Contains PA++, a healthy protection against UVA/UVB
- Provides a smooth texture to the skin
- Reduces dark spots
- Not suitable for dry skin
- Makes skin oily after application
4. Kaya Skin Clinic Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30
A sunscreen that offers the benefits of a sunblock and a moisturizing cream, this product by Kaya protects the skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays along with keeping it hydrated and nourished for a long time. It also protects the scars from the harsh chemicals and rays of the sun.
- Creamier formula
- Moisturizes well
- Brightens the skin tone
- Not suitable for oily skinned people
5. Neutrogena Sunblock Ultra Sheer SPF30
A dry-touch technology that provides a light and non-shimmery look to your skin, this lightweight sunblock cream by Neutrogena is enriched with many antioxidants and vitamins like Vitamin A that help lighten the dark pigmented colour of your skin.
- Not shiny
- Provides a matte texture to the skin
- Absorbs easily
- Does not wash out easily
6. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 30 PA+++ Ultra Matte Lotion
Light and non-sticky as it claims to be, this sunscreen by Lakme gives your skin an ultra-matte finish. This lotion with its sweat proof formula moisturizes the skin and blends into it easily. Effective in soothing your scars, this sunscreen lotion is ideal to be worn in Indian weather conditions and is perfect for those with oily skin.
- Matte effect.
- Super greasy.
- Super sticky.
7. Clinique SPF 50 With Solarsmart UVA UVB Advanced Protection Face Cream
This sunscreen with a SolarSmart technology offers protection against UVA/UVB rays and also prevents the skin from aging, irritation and burning. A sweat and water-resistant formula, this cream provides protection for longer hours.
- Sweat and water resistant
- Needs to be applied every 2-3 hours
8. L’Oreal Paris UV Perfect Super Aqua Essence SPF 50
A great base for makeup, this sunscreen by L’Oreal offers a very light texture to your skin. Claiming to reduce dark spots, if applied on a regular basis, this cream provides minimal moisturization and is suitable for application on normal skin.
- Does not feel greasy or messy on application
- Does not dry out the skin
- Packaging is travel-friendly
- 12-hour claim is overrated
- Anti-aging claim is overrated. Unsuitable for oily skin
9. Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40
Offering a matte finish to your skin, this sunscreen can be used as a primer before applying makeup. Providing an even tone to the skin, this sunscreen gel is quite suitable for those who are prone to dry skin. The gel also hydrates and moisturizes the skin and protects from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- Water resistant
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Reapplication required at regular intervals
10. VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Cream SPF 30
Made to offer a matte finish to your skin, this cream is a total sun defense against the UVA and UVB rays. Enriched with pineapple extracts that has soothing effects on the skin, this sunscreen cream soothes any kind of skin irritations and burns.
- Gives a soft and supple finish
- Hydrates the skin
- SPF 30 and PA+++
- Suitable for all skin types
- Leaves a wheatish layer on the skin