Table of Contents
- 1 Things To To in Ahmedabad
- 2 11. Visit the Sabarmati Ashram
- 3 10. Get Enthralled By The Intricate Architecture Of The Many Shrines
- 4 9. Admire and Explore the Varied Museums
- 5 8. Visit the Shaking Jhulta Minara
- 6 7. Revel at the Kankaria Lake
- 7 6. Get Geeky at the Science City
- 8 5. Explore the Old City by taking Heritage Walks
- 9 4. Experience Tranquil at the Victoria Garden
- 10 3. Go Shopping!
- 11 2. Enjoy Sumptuous Food at Manek Chowk
- 12 1. Let your Hair Down at Shanku’s Water Park
The textile city of Ahmedabad is a perfect blend of history as well as contemporary culture. The many historical and natural sites in and around Ahmedabad entail many sightseeing activities. The many bazaars and shops are a delight for shopaholics and foodies alike who throng its markets. All in all, Ahmedabad has something on offer for everyone on its platter.
Things To To in Ahmedabad
11. Visit the Sabarmati Ashram
The residence of Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba, Sabarmati Ashram is one of the top things to do in Ahmedabad. A witness to India’s freedom struggle, this ashram also houses the famous museum ‘Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalaya’.
10. Get Enthralled By The Intricate Architecture Of The Many Shrines
Things to do in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is dotted with many beautiful temples and mosques which can form an important part of any traveller’s itinerary.
Some of the shrines which should be visited are:
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
- Hathisingh Jain Temple
- Vaishnodevi Temple
- ISKCON Temple
- Sidi Saiyyed Mosque
- Jama Masjid
9. Admire and Explore the Varied Museums
Things to do in ahmedabad 2
- Admire the vintage cars displayed in the Auto World Vintage Car Museum
- Appreciate the Indian artefacts and paintings at Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum
- View the rich collection of varied textile fabrics at Calico Textile Museum
- Get nostalgic about your childhood by visiting the Kite Museum
8. Visit the Shaking Jhulta Minara
Get mystified by the ‘Jhulta Minara’, a 500-year-old structure. The mystery lies in the fact that if one minaret is shaken, the other pillars or minarets also begin to shake.
7. Revel at the Kankaria Lake
The Kankaria lake is a one stop destination for fun and recreational activities. You can enjoy toy train, balloon rides, water rides etc with your entire family.
6. Get Geeky at the Science City
Explore the varied facets of science and its use in day to day life at the Science city. Situated in Hebatpur, Ahmedabad, the Science City is Government’s move to attract more students towards scientific education.
5. Explore the Old City by taking Heritage Walks
Another interesting thing to explore in Ahmedabad is taking a heritage walk through the old city. These walking tours are arranged on a daily basis by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and are a great way to discover the old city especially the neighborhoods with shared patios.
4. Experience Tranquil at the Victoria Garden
You can stroll in peace at the famous Victoria Garden especially during the evening hours. The striking backdrop along with the serenity of the place has a soothing effect on its visitors.
3. Go Shopping!
Ahmedabad is a shopper’s paradise, given its flourishing textiles and handicrafts industry. The many markets of Ahmedabad offer exquisite ‘chaniya cholis’ and jewellery pieces. The city with its swanky malls along with its street markets can cater to all kinds of shoppers.
Below are some of the best and most visited shopping areas of Ahmedabad
- Lal Darwaza
- Law Garden
- Manek Chowk
- Ramakda Market
- CG Road
- Kapasi Handicraft Emporium
- Radhe Shopping Mall
- R3 The Mall
- Alpha One Mall
2. Enjoy Sumptuous Food at Manek Chowk
Manek Chowk is a foodie’s paradise and comes alive at night with its various street food stalls. You can savour sweets, ice-creams and Gujrati food at this place.
Other popular restaurants in Ahmedabad are:
- Swati Snacks
- Jasuben’s Old Pizza
Navigate: Manek Chowk
Also Read: Places To Visit In Ahmedabad
1. Let your Hair Down at Shanku’s Water Park
Chill and have fun at Eurasia’s largest water park. This resort is located at Amipura on the Ahmedabad- Mehsana highway and encompasses an area of 75 acres of land. The natural ambience is pleasing to the senses and makes one forget the grind of day to day life.
How to Reach Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad Airport (Sardar Vallabbhai Patel International Airport)
Nearest Railway Station:
Ahmedabad Station (Kalupur Station)
Nearest Bus Stops:
The Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service buses ply between nearby cities such as Surat, Mumbai, Pune and Bhavnagar via NH 8. Ahmedabad is also well connected to other cities of the country.
Rent A Car:
Travelling by car can entail flexibility especially when travelling with family and kids.
Where to stay in Ahmedabad
Hyatt Regency | Crowne Plaza, Ahmedabad City Centre | Courtyard by Marriot | Renaissance Ahmedabad Hotel