Table of Contents
- 1 Things To To in Ahmedabad
- 2 11. Visit the Sabarmati Ashram
- 3 10. Get Enthralled By The Intricate Architecture Of The Many Shrines
- 4 9. Admire and Explore the Varied Museums
- 5 8. Visit the Shaking Jhulta Minara
- 6 7. Revel at the Kankaria Lake
- 7 6. Get Geeky at the Science City
- 8 5. Explore the Old City by taking Heritage Walks
- 9 4. Experience Tranquil at the Victoria Garden
- 10 3. Go Shopping!
- 11 2. Enjoy Sumptuous Food at Manek Chowk
- 12 1. Let your Hair Down at Shanku’s Water Park
The textile city of Ahmedabad is a perfect blend of history as well as contemporary culture. The many historical and natural sites in and around Ahmedabad entail many sightseeing activities. The many bazaars and shops are a delight for shopaholics and foodies alike who throng its markets. All in all, Ahmedabad has something on offer for everyone on its platter.
Things To To in Ahmedabad
11. Visit the Sabarmati Ashram
The residence of Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba, Sabarmati Ashram is one of the top things to do in Ahmedabad. A witness to India’s freedom struggle, this ashram also houses the famous museum ‘Gandhi Smarak Sangrahalaya’.
10. Get Enthralled By The Intricate Architecture Of The Many Shrines
Things to do in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is dotted with many beautiful temples and mosques which can form an important part of any traveller’s itinerary.
Some of the shrines which should be visited are:
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
- Hathisingh Jain Temple
- Vaishnodevi Temple
- ISKCON Temple
- Sidi Saiyyed Mosque
- Jama Masjid
9. Admire and Explore the Varied Museums
Things to do in ahmedabad 2
- Admire the vintage cars displayed in the Auto World Vintage Car Museum
- Appreciate the Indian artefacts and paintings at Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum
- View the rich collection of varied textile fabrics at Calico Textile Museum
- Get nostalgic about your childhood by visiting the Kite Museum
8. Visit the Shaking Jhulta Minara
Get mystified by the ‘Jhulta Minara’, a 500-year-old structure. The mystery lies in the fact that if one minaret is shaken, the other pillars or minarets also begin to shake.