Skip to Content
- Things to do in Ooty
- 12. Indulge in Shopping
- 11. Relish the Sumptuous Fare
- 10. Explore the Beautiful Gardens and Parks
- 9. Experience Peace and Serenity of Lakes
- 8. Visit the Magnificent Thread Garden
- 7. Visit the Museums in Ooty
- 6. Visit the Higginbothams Book Store
- 5. Visit the Shrines
- 4. Relish the experience of water splashing from cascading waterfalls
- 3. Take leisure walks
- 2. Enjoy a Ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train
- 1. Scale the Dodabetta Peak
Ooty is a popular hill station in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The place is replete with vast tea gardens, beautiful winding paths and lush greenery. The picturesque landscape of this idyllic hill station entails many sightseeing options.
Now, traveling to Ooty is even easier with Paytm bus offers to take your anywhere and everywhere at amazing prices affordable to anyone and everyone.
Things to do in Ooty
12. Indulge in Shopping
You can buy spices, tea, handmade chocolates, aromatic oils, and even cheese from the various places in Ooty
- Acres Wild: a family run farm which sells vegetarian and organic cheese. Navigate
- Green Shop: Sells spice. Navigate
- King Star Confectioners or The Modern Store: Sell handmade chocolates. Navigate
- You can buy tea from Ooty’s tea plantations which sell varieties such as dust and leaf, green, black etc. Flavours such as masala, jasmine and even chocolate can be found in the many shops selling tea in Ooty
11. Relish the Sumptuous Fare
Ooty offers memorable dining experiences and its many restaurants cater to the preferences of all kinds of diners. The many homestays in Ooty offer traditional food options as well as fancy fare inspired by regal as well as colonial era recipes.
Below are some restaurants which serve delicious food
10. Explore the Beautiful Gardens and Parks
- Visit the Botanical garden and enjoy the amazing flora which includes many rare species of trees such as the cork tree, the monkey puzzle tree and an ancient fossilized tree. Navigate
- Enjoy the many splendid varieties of roses by visiting the much-acclaimed Rose Garden
- Explore the magnificent Sim’s Park, a botanical garden which also organises a fruit and vegetable show on an annual basis
Don’t forget to checkout Paytm bus ticket offers that help you avail of pocket-friendly discounts and ear cashback offers on your ticket bookings.
9. Experience Peace and Serenity of Lakes
Ooty is blessed with nature’s bounty in the form of beautiful lakes. You can enjoy birdwatching as well as photography in the lake surroundings
Below are some of the lakes worth mentioning in Ooty:
8. Visit the Magnificent Thread Garden
Enjoy the amazing thread craft in the form of artificial flowers and plants made by Anthony Joseph and his team of workers. The garden is unique in a way that no stich of any needle or machinery has been employed. Navigate
7. Visit the Museums in Ooty
- Honey and Bee Museum
- Wax World Museum. Navigate
6. Visit the Higginbothams Book Store
Explore the world of books by visiting the Higginbothams Book Store which is the oldest book store in Ooty. Navigate
5. Visit the Shrines
- The 19th century St Stephen’s Church which houses the world famous ‘Last Supper’ painting. Navigate
- Mariamman Temple especially for the annual festival which happens in the month of April
4. Relish the experience of water splashing from cascading waterfalls
- Kalhatti Falls, Bellikkal. Navigate
- Catherine Falls
3. Take leisure walks
- The famous Pine Forest which is popular shooting spot amongst the film community
- Shooting Point is a photographer’s paradise and another place to explore for nature lovers
2. Enjoy a Ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train
Taking a fun ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train is one of the top things to do in Ooty. You can admire nature’s bounty by riding on this train which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Make sure you avail Paytm bus coupons while booking tickets for the bus to travel to or through this amazing place of Ooty.
1. Scale the Dodabetta Peak
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the Nilgiris by scaling the Dodabetta Peak
- You can get amazing view through the two telescopes placed in the ‘Telescope House’ at the peak. Navigate
Hope this blog helps you drive a great iternary for your happy travel to Ooty and don’t forget to checkout CashKaro for Paytm bus promo code and get amazing discounts on your ticket prices.
Also Read: Places To Visit In Ooty
How to Reach Ooty
Coimbatore Airport (57 km away)
Nearest Railway Station:
Coimbatore and Tiruppur are the railway stations closest to Ooty. These stations are connected to Mettupalayam from where you can board the toy train to reach Ooty.
Nearest Bus Stop:
Bus services are available from Coimbatore and Tiruppur
Travelling by private company buses and taxis is another option which you can avail.
Rent A Car: You can travel by car from Coimbatore or Tiruppur to reach Ooty.
Where to Stay in Ooty
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty | Vinca West Downs Heritage Resort | Taj Savoy Hotel | Fortune Resort Sullivan Court
Other places to explore:
- Places To Visit In Pondicherry
- Things To Do In Pondicherry
- Places To Visit In Kanyakumari
- Things To Do in Vizag