Table of Contents
- Things To Do In Pune
- 13. Visit the Majestic Aga Khan Palace
- 12. Visit the Shaniwar Wada
- 11. Explore History, Culture and Architecture by Visiting Different Museums
- 10. Experience Spirituality at the Osho Ashram
- 9. Get Adventurous with Trekking
- 8. Get Mystified by the Beautiful Temples
- 7. Explore Sinhagad Fort and Khadakwasala Dam
- 6. Have Fun at Mulshi Dam and Lake
- 5. Spend Evenings at the beautiful gardens
- 4. Explore Wildlife at Rajiv Gandhi Zoo
- 3. Shopping in Pune
- 2. Enjoy Lip Smacking Cuisine
- 1. Experience Nightlife Zing in Pune
The vibrant city of Pune, aptly referred to as “Oxford of the East” is an educational, cultural as well as corporate hub in the state of Maharashtra. Pune is a city of 30 constituent and affiliated colleges. Its rich heritage is exhibited in the form of many Palaces, temples and Museums other significant places of visit. You can book your tickets through MakeMyTrip, and don’t forget to check the MakeMyTrip coupon code for their exclusive offers.
Here are the following things that you can do in Pune:
Things To Do In Pune
13. Visit the Majestic Aga Khan Palace
The Majestic Aga Khan palace was assembled by Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan. A visit to Pune is incomplete without visiting the opulent Aga Khan palace. The palace has been a witness to India’s freedom struggle. You can also observe the Khadi weaving activity at the Palace.
12. Visit the Shaniwar Wada
Visiting Shaniwar Wada should top the itinerary of any traveller. This structure was built by the Peshwa Bajirao I and served as a residence to Bajirao and Kashi, his wife. However, today this architectural marvel is known for paranormal activities and is the most haunted place in Pune.
Also Read:Places To Visit In Pune
11. Explore History, Culture and Architecture by Visiting Different Museums
The city’s diversity is exhibited in the form of varied museums based on different themes. You can explore the following museums
- National War Museum
- Mahatma Phule Museum
- Raj Dinakar Kelkar museum
- Tribal Museum
10. Experience Spirituality at the Osho Ashram
Pune’s Osho Ashram is frequented by many foreign visitors in search of meaning of life. The Osho Meditation Resort is a peaceful place away from the hustle and bustle of city life where you can seek peace and calm.
9. Get Adventurous with Trekking
Pune is flanked by many forts perched atop the Sahyadri mountain ranges. You can be in the lap of nature and explore the various hilly areas on foot by taking the following treks:
8. Get Mystified by the Beautiful Temples
Pune is dotted with many mythical temples many of which are perched atop a hill. Some of the famous temples which you can visit are
- Chattushrungi Temple
- Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple
- Parvati Hill Temple
- Pataleshwar cave temple
7. Explore Sinhagad Fort and Khadakwasala Dam
Visitors going to Pune should visit the picturesque Sinhagad clifftop fortress and the breathtakingly beautiful Khadakwasala dam. The dam can be visited on the way to the fort.
6. Have Fun at Mulshi Dam and Lake
The catchment area of Mulshi dam is surrounded by breath-taking beauty and is a perfect picnic spot. You can also visit the forts of Koraigadh and Dhangad.
5. Spend Evenings at the beautiful gardens
Pune has many sprawling gardens with abundant greenery and flora. Some of these gardens are
- Saras Baug
4. Explore Wildlife at Rajiv Gandhi Zoo
Wildlife enthusiasts should make time to visit this zoo which houses a zoo, an animal orphanage and the very famous Katraj Snake Park. This snake park has 22 varieties of snakes including a 13-foot-long king cobra.
3. Shopping in Pune
Pune is a shopper’s delight as it has something to suit every budget. Following places can be visited for different shopping needs.
- G Road & Hong Kong Lane for trendy wear and accessories
- Tulsi Baug and Laxmi road for wedding trousseau and traditional wear
- Phule Market
- Bajirao Road
- Fashion Street
Besides, Pune is dotted with several malls which sell upmarket brands.
2. Enjoy Lip Smacking Cuisine
Pune is a foodie’s delight. From the spicy missal pav and bhel of Saras Baug to the cool desserts of Sujata Mastani, pamper your taste buds by visiting the following food joints
- Good Luck Cafe
- Sujata Mastani
- Kayani Bakery
- JJ Garden Vada Pav
- Bedekar Misal
- Panchvati Gaurav
1. Experience Nightlife Zing in Pune
Pune is the fastest growing city of India. It is a growing corporate hub as well as an educational centre. You can visit the many pubs and nightclubs in the city for chilling and partying during late evening hours. Some of the popular pubs in the city are
- Irish Village Brewery
- The Flying Saucer Sky Bar
- Mi A Mi
- Stone Water Grill
- Area 51
- High Spirits
You can book your tickets through MakeMyTrip. You just need to log onto www.makemytrip.com, under the category of domestic flight print your E-ticket. Now enter your booking ID and your contact number. You can also check Makemytrip offers while booking your tickets.
Other places & things to explore:
How to Reach Pune
Pune Airport (10 km away)
Nearest Railway Station:
Nearest Bus Stop:
- Shivaji Nagar ST Stand
- M.T Bus Depot
Travelling by private company buses and taxis is another option which you can avail.
Traveling In Pune
You can use the following coupon codes to save money when traveling in Pune:
Where to Stay in Pune
Conrad Pune – Luxury by Hilton | JW Marriott Pune | Marriott Suites Pune | Sheraton Grand Pune
Book Hotels From: Airbnb India