Skip to Content
What Are Dry Fruits
Dry Fruits are fruits from which the original water content is removed by sun drying or by artificial means (specialized dryers, dehydrators, etc.). They have a sweet taste, high nutrition value and long shelf life. Dry fruits are the best alternative to some of the seasonal fruits that are not available all year round.
There are many types of dry fruits in the market that you should include in your diet.
Types Of Dry Fruits
- Cashew Nuts
Benefits Of Dry Fruits
Dry fruits are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. Many health experts recommend eating dry fruits daily to maintain your health. Also, you can make a healthy snack by adding dry fruits to any dish.
Benefits of Almonds
- It lowers your cholesterol levels as it is rich in anti-oxidants
- It provides relief from constipation, heart problems and respiratory problems
- They are good for your teeth, skin and hair
- It aids in weight loss as it is rich in dietary fiber
Benefits of Cashew Nuts
- It Keeps your hair healthy as it is rich in copper content
- Cashew Nuts keeps your bones healthy
- It may keep heart diseases away as it helps lower your cholesterol level
- Can help fight against cells that cause tumors
Benefits of Apricots
- It protects your skin from cell damage that causes premature signs of ageing
- It is good for your eyes and immune system
- It may prevent the growth of cancerous cells as it is rich in iron
- It keeps your bones healthy as it contains potassium and calcium
Benefits of Pistachios
- It prevents diabetes as it controls sugar level in your body
- It prevents diseases (cold, flu, etc.) due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- It boosts immunity as it has anti-oxidant properties
- It helps reduce body weight as it is rich in fiber content
Benefits of Walnuts
- It prevents blood clotting as it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid
- It delays wrinkles and premature signs of ageing as it has high Vitamin E content
- The presence of Biotin reduces hair fall
- Daily consumption of Walnuts may reduce the risk of cancer
Benefits of Dates
- Helps in treating anemia due to its high iron content
- It reduces constipation
- It is a good source of energy
- Dates also helps in healthy weight gain
Benefits of Raisins
- Raisins are good for your bones, eyes and teeth
- It helps treat intestinal dysfunction and acidosis
- It is ideal for athletes and body builders as it is a powerful source of energy
- Raisins strengthen your immune system
How Much Should You Eat
- Almond: 4-5 (morning and evening)
- Cashew Nuts: 4-5 (morning and evening)
- Apricot: 7-8 (morning or evening)
- Pistachios: 4-5 (morning and evening)
- Walnuts: 2-3 (morning and evening)
- Dates: 5-6 (morning and evening)
- Raisins: 7-8 (morning or evening)
8 Important Questions About Dry Fruits Answered
1. What are the different dry fruits available in the market?
There are many different dry fruits available in the market like:
2. Which is best dry fruit for health?
There are 5 super dry fruits that can work wonders on the health:
- Almonds – Heart health, blood sugar control, weight management
- Walnuts – Fights stress, good for skin and hair, reduces the risk of cancer
- Dates – High on iron content, boosts energy, eases digestion
- Apricots – Beneficial for eyes, rich in iron and antioxidants, keeps bones and skin healthy
3. Which time is best to eat dry fruits?
While dry fruits can be consumed any time of the day, these fruits should be consumed early in the morning to get the maximum benefits.
4. Which dry fruits help in weight loss?
Almonds and Peanuts are said to be helpful in weight loss. Consume them in the morning, soaked or raw and watch as they work to remove excess flab.
5. Is peanut a dry fruit?
Yes, peanut is a dry fruit. Peanuts as dry fruits have many benefits like weight loss management, maintaining heart health, preventing gallstones etc.
6. Which dry fruit is best for skin?
Walnuts and apricots are the best dry fruits that should be consumed for skin health.
7. Which dry fruit is rich in calcium?
Almonds, Dates, Apricots and Raisins are rich sources of calcium. If you are looking to increase your calcium intake, consume these dry fruits early in the morning.
8. What are the 6 categories of fruits?
The 6 categories of fruits are:
Pomes: Smooth skin, enlarged fleshy area (apples, pear and kiwis)
Drupes: Single seed, juicy flesh (cherries, peaches and apricots)
Berries: Tiny seed, pulpy and juicy flesh (strawberries, blackberries, grapes)
Melons: Hard Outer surface, juicy flesh (watermelon, muskmelon, honeydew)
Citrus: Firm zest, pulpy flesh (oranges, citrons, lemons)
Tropical: Hard Seeds, firm edible part (avocados, pineapples, dates, figs)
Many of these fruits are also dried and used as dry fruits like avocados, dates and grapes.
Where To Buy Dry Fruits
Nutraj offers fine quality nuts and dry fruits at affordable prices right at your doorstep. Most of the products are available at a discount of 20%. It offers deliveries of dry fruits to over 35 countries all over the world.
The products are dispatched within 3 working days. If there is no courier service in your area, the products are shipped through speed post or government registered bookpost. Avail great deals on all your orders from Nutraj and enjoy awesome discounts.