What is Texas Hold’em Poker?
Texas Hold’em Poker is an online poker game which is popular for its exciting tournament. It is a community card game that deals with 2 private cards and 5 open cards. Every player gets two face-down cards or hole cards that are not visible to the players. Apart from these, there are 5 open face-up cards known as ‘community cards’ that are visible to the players. Make the best five-card hand using the combination of two-hole cards and 5 community cards. You may use two, one or none of the hole cards to make your best hand.
Variants of Texas Hold’em Poker Game
There are three variants of Texas Hold’em Poker classified on the basis of betting style:
- No Limit Texas Hold’em Poker: It is the most famous game-play in Texas Hold’em as there is no limit for betting. A player can bet as much as he wishes to.
- Fixed Limit Texas Hold’em Poker: As the name suggests, there is a limit on the amount that a player can bet on the table.
- Pot-Limit Texas Hold’em: In this type of variant, there is a limit that is set for the pot and a player can bet any amount up to the size of the pot.
Hands At Texas Hold’em Poker
- Royal Flush: A, K, Q,10 of the same suit
- Straight Flush: Five cards in a sequence of the same suit
- Four of a kind: all four cards of the same rank but of different suits
- Full House: 3 of a kind and a duo of another kind
- Flush: any five cards of the same suit but not in a sequence
- Straight: five cards in a sequence but not of the same suit
- Three of a kind: three cards of the same rank
- Two pairs: two different pairs of different suits
- Pair: two cards of the same rank
- High card: the jack plays the highest cardwhen you haven’t made any above-mentioned hand
How To Play Texas Hold’em Poker
At the beginning of the game, two face-cards are given to each player followed by a round of betting. There are compulsory forced bets that starts with a small blind and the big blind made by the players to the immediate left of the dealer. These bets are made before seeing any of the cards by the players present on the table. The game-play continues starting from the blinds running clockwise where each player has the option to call, fold or raise. A round of betting continues until every player has folded, put in all their chips or matched the amount raised by other active players at the table.
In the second round called the ‘flop’, the next 3 are the community cards which are dealt in the middle of the table. The blinds may raise in quantity if the actions get back to them. These cards are visible to each player and the round of betting follows from the first blind (player to the immediate left of the dealer) and continues clockwise. The next action comes back to the person who made the small blind where he makes his move (fold, call or raise) depending upon the strength of his cards that he has.
After the flop betting rounds end, a single community card (called the ‘turn’ or ‘fourth street’) is dealt followed by a third betting round.
The final betting round continues where another single community card is dealt (called the ‘river’ or ‘fifth street’).
Important: The stakes can double in the third and fourth round. The cards are burned by the dealer before the flop, turn and river rounds so that there is no possibility where any player could know the card that will be dealt with.
If two or more players remain after the final betting round, a showdown occurs where each player makes their best hand of the seven cards. A player can use their both hole cards or none of them to make their 5 best cards. After this, a player is said to be playing on the board and the pot is split.
Where to Play Texas Hold’em Poker Online
You can play Texas Hold’em Poker Online from: