Table of Contents
- 1 What is Acemiz Plus?
- 2 Uses of Acemiz Plus
- 3 How does Acemiz Plus work?
- 4 How to take Acemiz Plus?
- 5 Common Dosage for Acemiz Plus
- 6 When to Avoid Acemiz Plus?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Acemiz Plus:
- 8 Side-Effects of Acemiz Plus
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Acemiz Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Acemiz Plus
- 12 FAQs – 13 Questions Answered about Acemiz Plus
- 13 Authored By –
What is Acemiz Plus?
Used mainly to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis) and fever. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis is the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and gastric ulcers.
Also Read in Hindi: About Acemiz Plus
Acemiz Plus Composition: Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg
Manufactured By: Lupin Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Price: Rs. 82.45 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Antipyretic
Uses of Acemiz Plus
Acemiz Plus is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Fever: Used in cases of mild to moderate fever as it contains Paracetamol.
You may also read: Acitrom Uses | Albendazole Uses | Aceclofenac Paracetamol Uses
How does Acemiz Plus work?
- Acemiz Plus contains Aceclofenac and Paracetamol as its active main ingredient.
- Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms
- Paracetamol selectively inhibits the COX enzymes in the brain which aids for its analgesic and antipyretic property.
Also Read About: Bifilac
How to take Acemiz Plus?
- Acemiz Plus is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Acemiz Plus Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Acemiz Plus Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Acemiz Plus Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Acemiz Plus
- Acemiz Plus dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Acemiz Plus Tablet is a single tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without paediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Acemiz Plus?
An overdose of Acemiz Plus can cause undesirable effects like chest pain, confusion and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Acemiz Plus?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Acemiz Plus?
Consuming expired Acemiz Plus tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Acemiz Plus and till when does the effect of Acemiz Plus stays?
- The effect of Acemiz Plus can be seen within 30minutes of oral administration of the drug.
- Average drug effect duration is 6 hours.
- Time is taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
You may also read: Paracetamol Dosage
When to Avoid Acemiz Plus?
Do not Consume Acemiz Plus if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Acemiz Plus or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with a history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
Precautions While Taking Acemiz Plus:
- Elderly patients: Acemiz Plus or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Acemiz Plus should be used with extra caution in patients with the history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Acemiz Plus
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potentially undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Do not take two different kinds of pain killer concomitantly.
Side-Effects of Acemiz Plus
The side effects associated with Acemiz Plus are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Liver toxicity (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Acemiz Plus?
- Acemiz Plus is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Acemiz Plus on organs?
- Acemiz Plus should used with caution in patients with liver impairment as it can affect the liver.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Acemiz Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Acemiz Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Acemiz Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Acemiz Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
3. Effects of Acemiz Plus on Lab Tests
Acemiz Plus does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Acemiz’s Plus interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Acemiz Plus with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Acemiz Plus therapy as it can increase the chances of stomach bleeding. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Acemiz Plus.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Acemiz Plus when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially just before the term of pregnancy). Always inform the doctor before taking Acemiz Plus in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Acemiz Plus when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Acemiz Plus tablet to Lactating mothers and the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Acemiz Plus?
It is safe to drive after consuming Acemiz Plus tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
You may also read: Alprax Side Effects
Buyer’s Guide – Acemiz Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Acemiz Variants||Acemiz Composition||Acemiz Price|
|Acemiz 100mg Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg||Rs. 55.50 for 10 tablets|
|Acemiz S Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Serratiopeptidase 10mg||Rs. 86.85 for 10 tablets|
|Acemiz MR Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Chlorzoxazone 250mg + Paracetamol 325mg||Rs. 90.70 for 10 tablets|
|Acemiz SR 200mg Tablet||Aceclofenac 200mg||Rs. 56.50 for 10 tablets|
|Acemiz Spaz Tablet||Aceclofenac 100mg + Drotaverine 80mg||Rs. 85.00 for 10 tablets|
Substitutes of Acemiz Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Acemiz Plus:
- Esgipyrin A Tablet:
- Manufactured – by Abbott
- Price – Rs. 67.5
- Rumantin P Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Vivimed Labs Ltd
- Price – Rs. 40
- Aceclorite Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Price – Rs. 29
- Arflur P Tablet:
- Manufactured by – FDC Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 34.35
Storage requirements for Acemiz Plus
- Store the Acemiz Plus tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 13 Questions Answered about Acemiz Plus
Q. What is Acemiz Plus?
Ans. Acemiz Plus is a combinational drug. Aceclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties whereas, Paracetamol is analgesic as well as anti pyretic in nature.
It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Acemiz Plus to show results?
Ans. The effect of Acemiz Plus can be seen within 1.5 to 3 hours of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Acemiz Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Acemiz Plus should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Acemiz Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Acemiz Plus may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Acemiz Plus doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Acemiz Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Acemiz Plus.
Q. Does Acemiz Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Acemiz Plus safe for children?
Ans. Acemiz Plus should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Acemiz Plus?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Acemiz Plus.
Q. Is Acemiz Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.