Aciloc Composition – Ranitidine (150mg)
Manufactured By – Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 22.46
Quantity – 30 tablets in 1 strip
What is Aciloc?
- Aciloc is the brand name for ranitidine and is an antacid, anti-reflux agent and anti-ulcerant.
- It is an effective medicine that is used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Buy & Get Up to 30% OFF: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Myra Medicines Coupon Code
Uses of Aciloc
Aciloc is prescribed for:
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Hyper secretory Condition
Also Read: Anacin Uses
How does Aciloc work?
- Aciloc is a reversible inhibitor of the action of histamine at the histamine H2 receptors found in gastric parietal cells.
- This inhibition causes decreased gastric acid secretion and gastric volume, and reduced hydrogen ion concentration.
Aciloc Price In India
|Aciloc 150 Strip of 30 Tablets||Rs. 22.46|
|Aciloc 300 Strip of 20 Tablets||Rs. 34.60|
|Aciloc 25mg 2ml vial Injection||Rs. 3.54|
|Aciloc 25mg 30ml vial Injection||Rs. 46.62|
|Aciloc25mg 200ml Bottle of Suspension||Rs. 80.00|
How to take Aciloc?
- Aciloc is administered orally in the form of capsule and tablet, with or without food.
- Aciloc is also given intravenously under a health care professional.
- Swallow the medicine whole, do not chew or break it.
- Take the medicine at regular or at a fixed time.
Common dosage of Aciloc
The recommended dosage for adults is 300 mg at bedtime or 150 mg twice daily, for 4-8 weeks depending on the condition.
Also Read: Bioflex Dosage
When to avoid Aciloc & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Aciloc if you are allergic to ranitidine or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with porphyria and gastro-intestinal bleeding and also in pediatric patients.
- Before using Aciloc, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Aciloc may increase the risk of developing pneumonia. Thus, caution is advised.
- Dose adjustments or replacement with a suitable alternative may be required in case of chronic heart burn and phenylketonuria.
- Aciloc medicine can interfere with the absorption of Vitamin B12 upon prolonged usage.
- Use of nicotine is not recommended while taking this medicine.
Also Read: Avomine Precaution
Side Effects of Aciloc
- Stomach pain
- Mental confusion
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty in breathing
Also Read: Bren Side Effects
Effect on organs?
Gastrointestinal reactions- Abdominal discomfort, constipation, nausea, vomiting.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions include:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, tongue or throat
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Aciloc is not recommended for use along with following medicines:
- The effect of Aciloc can be observed after an hour of oral or intravenous administration and it lasts for an average duration of 4-6 hours.
- Aciloc shows its effect by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Storage Requirements for Aciloc
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Aciloc
- If feeling dizzy, rise slowly over a few minutes when sitting or lying down.
- If taking an antacid, take it two hours before or after taking Aciloc.
- Be careful while climbing.
- Stay hydrated by drinking more liquids.
- Exercise regularly and add fiber to your diet.
FAQs – Things to Know About Aciloc
Is Aciloc addictive?
Can I have Aciloc with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon.
Can I have Aciloc when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Aciloc when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Aciloc?
What happens if I overdose on Aciloc?
Overdose of Aciloc may cause chest tightness, bad cough, blue or gray skin color, seizures, bad dizziness or passing out.
What happens if I eat expired Aciloc?
Expired Aciloc may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Aciloc?
If you miss a dose of Aciloc, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.