Table of Contents
- 1 What is Acivir Cream?
- 2 Uses of Acivir Cream
- 3 How does Acivir Cream work?
- 4 How to Take Acivir Cream?
- 5 Common Dosage for Acivir Cream
- 6 When to avoid Acivir Cream?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Acivir Cream
- 8 Side-Effects of Acivir Cream
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Acivir Cream – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Acivir Cream
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Acivir Cream
1What is Acivir Cream?
Acivir Cream belongs to a group of drugs called as “antiviral ointment”. Acivir Cream contains Aciclovir as chief ingredient. Acivir Cream is used in cases when viral skin infection is present. These include cold sores (herpes simplex infections), herpes zoster, chickenpox and genital herpes. Majority of the patients do not show any side effects. But few may include application site reaction including pain, redness, swelling, itching and exacerbation of underlying skin conditions.
Acivir Cream Composition – Aciclovir 5% w/w
Manufactured by – Cipla Ltd
Form – Cream
Price – Rs. 65.94
Type of Drug – Antiviral Cream