Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Acuclav?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Acuclav?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Acuclav?
- Q. What is the onset time of Acuclav?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Acuclav stay?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Acuclav?
- What are the effects of Acuclav on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Acuclav
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Acuclav
- 3. Effects of Acuclav on Lab Tests
- 4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Acuclav with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Acuclav when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Acuclav when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Acuclav?
- Storage requirements for Acuclav
- Q. What is Acuclav?
- Q. What are the uses of Acuclav?
- Q. What are the side effects of Acuclav?
- Q. Should Acuclav be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Acuclav make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Acuclav doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Acuclav effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Acuclav safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Acuclav?
- Q. Is Acuclav legal in India?
1What is Acuclav?
Acuclav is a combination medicine used to treat different types of bacterial infections. It is a penicillin type antibiotic which contains “amoxicillin and clavulanic acid” as its active ingredients and is available in tablet form for oral administration. This combination results in a very potent antibacterial drug which has an increased range of action that is also active against bacteria which are resistant to amoxicillin. Acuclav is ineffective in treating viral infections like common cold, flu etc and thus should be abstained in treating viral infections. It should always be administered under medical supervision as overuse or unnecessary usage of Acuclav tablets may cause antibiotic resistance or decreased effectiveness of antibiotic.
Composition: Amoxicillin – 500mg, Clavulanic acid – 125mg
Manufactured by – Macleods pharmaceuticals LTD
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs. 142.6
Type of Drug – Antibiotic