Table of Contents
- What is Admenta 5mg?
- Uses of Admenta 5mg
- How does Admenta 5mg work?
- How to Take Admenta 5mg?
- Common Dosage for Admenta 5mg
- When to Avoid Admenta 5mg?
- Precautions While Taking Admenta 5mg
- Side-Effects of Admenta 5mg
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Admenta 5mg Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Admenta 5mg
- FAQs – 14 Important Questions Answered about Admenta
1What is Admenta 5mg?
The name of the medicine is admenta 5mg tablet. It is not available without a doctor’s prescription. It is available in the form of a tablet. It is used to treat dementia in alzheimer’s. it can slow down the progression of the disease. Admenta is a schedule H drug.
Admenta 5mg Composition – Memantine
Manufactured By – sun pharma laboratories Limited
Prescription – it is not Available as OTC, it requires a doctor’s prescription.
Form – Tablets (most commonly consumed form)
Price – ₹77/strip (10/strip)
Expiry/Shelf Life – 22 months
Type of Drug – used in treating Alzheimer’s
2Uses of Admenta 5mg
the uses of Admenta 5mg are as follows: this medication is to be used only at doctor’s discretion.
Alzheimer’s: It is used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a disorder which is associated with progressive brain diseases. It can cause memory loss and produce a difficulty in the thinking process. It can be used to treat moderate to severe cases. It is also called NMDA receptor agonist.
3How does Admenta 5mg work?
The medicine can cause blocking of glutamate.Thus Admenta 5mg SR can help in easing the communication process going on in the brain. Therefore it helps in controlling the symptoms of the neurologic disorders.
4How to Take Admenta 5mg?
Take this medicine at same time everyday. Do not Crush the tablet. Take it with a glass of water. Consult with your doctor before any usage.
5Common Dosage for Admenta 5mg
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Initial dosage for this medication is orally 2.5ml per day.
- Maintain 10ml orally per day for mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease
- moderate to severe Alzheimer’s can require it orally per day at the same time. From 2nd week use twice daily.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Admenta 5mg?
Ans. Overdose of admenta 5mg SR can cause poisoning. Seek medical help as soon as possible in case of a suspected overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Admenta 5mg?
Ans. Take the next dose of medication as soon as you remember to take it. Do not take two doses consequently to make up for the missed one.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Admenta 5mg?
Ans. A single dose of expired medication is unlikely to cause adverse side reactions. However, it is not advised to take expired medicine at any cost.
Q. What is the onset time of Admenta 5mg?
Ans. The onset time of action is not known.
Q. Till When Does the Effect of Admenta 5mg Stay?
Ans. Info not available.
6When to Avoid Admenta 5mg?
Please avoid the medication in the following cases :
- in case of pregnancy – if you are pregnant then it is best to avoid admenta 5mgt SR tablet as the effects of the tablet and not known on the foetus. Hence it is advised not to use this tablet while pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding an infant – the medication may reach the baby through milk and therefore it is not advised to use this during breastfeeding.
- If you have any kind of hepatic or cardiac or urino genital disorders. It is best to avoid the medication in such cases.
- Avoid this medication if you have any known allergy to the components.
7Precautions While Taking Admenta 5mg
the precautions one should exercise before taking admenta 5mg SR extended release tablets are as follows:
- avoid the intake of this medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not administer if you have urinogenital disorders
- do not administer if you have cardiac disorders
Warnings When Taking Admenta 5mg
you should only use this medication if advised by a doctor. Since it is a schedule H drug, caution should be exercised.
- This medication may cause moderate temporary dizziness. Therefore it is not advice to lift heavy machinery. It is also not advice to go on longer drives.
- Do not administer if you have urinary or genital disorders
- do not administer if you have cardiac disorders
do not use this medication in patients younger than 18 years.
8Side-Effects of Admenta 5mg
the side effects which may be produced by admenta 5mg SR tablets are as follows:
- headache and feeling of hopelessness (less common)
- pain and cramps in joints and muscles (common)
- Insomnia or inability to sleep at night (common)
- Constipation (common)
- Weight Loss (common)
- appetite loss(common)
- gastrointestinal disorders (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Admenta 5mg?
Some patients may have an allergy to the components of this medication. Therefore it is best to avoid admenta 5mg SR tablets in that case. Consult with a doctor about this, he or she will provide you with the correct information.
What are the effects of Admenta 5mg on organs?
The effects of the medication on organs are not known.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Admenta 5mg. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Admenta 5mg. We explore these in detail below. The terms “severe” and “mild” explain the severity of the effect of the interaction.
Food Interactions with Admenta 5mg
This medicine can be taken with or without food. There are no known interactions
2. Medicines Interactions with Admenta 5mg
Admenta 5mg SR tablets may react with the following medications:
- Trihexyphenidyl (moderate)
- Trimethoprim (moderate)
3. Effects of Admenta 5mg on Lab Tests
There is no information available.
4. Admenta 5mg’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
the medicine may react with the following system disorders: they are –
- 1.renal disorders
- 2.cardiac disorders
- hepatic disorders
- avoid the intake of this medication in the above mentioned cases.
Q. Can I have Admenta 5mg with alcohol?
Ans. The reaction of this medicine with alcohol is not yet known. Therefore it is advised to avoid alcohol.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Ans. There is no information available.
Q. Can I have Admenta 5mg when pregnant?
Ans. The use of this medicine while pregnant is not recommended. Consult your doctor.
Q. Can I have Admenta 5mg when feeding a baby?
Ans. There are chances that the medicine may reach the baby through the milk. Therefore it is not advised to take this medication while breastfeeding.
Q. Can I drive after taking Admenta 5mg?
Ans. Admenta 5mg tablets may cause temporary drowsiness. Therefore it is advised to avoid heavy machinery and avoid driving.
10 Admenta 5mg Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Admenta Variants||Admenta Composition||Admenta Price (Rs.)|
|Admenta 5mg Tablet||Ibuprofen 400 MG, Paracetamol 325 MG||Rs. 77 per strip|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
11Substitutes of Admenta 5mg
the substitutes of admenta 5mg SR tablet are as follows :.
- Almantin Tablet
- Manufactured by – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Price – Rs. 48
- Mentadem Tablet
- Manufactured by – Torrent Pharmaceutical Ltd
- Price – Rs. 49.17
- Mentra Tablet
- Manufactured by – Zydus Healthcare Ltd
- Price – Rs. 48
- Nemdaa Tablet
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceutical Ltd
- Price – Rs. 56.25
Storage requirements for Admenta 5mg
- Since it is a schedule h drug, extra caution should be exercised.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
- Keep away from extreme temperature conditions.
- Keep away from extreme humid places.
12FAQs – 14 Important Questions Answered about Admenta
Q. What is Admenta 5mg?
Ans. The name of the medicine is admenta 5mg tablet. It is not available without a doctor’s prescription. It is available in the form of a tablet. It is used to treat dementia in alzheimer’s. it can slow down the progression of the disease. Admenta is a schedule H drug.
Q. What are the uses of Admenta 5mg?
Ans. It is used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a disorder which is associated with progressive brain diseases. It can cause memory loss and produce a difficulty in the thinking process.
Q. What are the side effects of Admenta 5mg?
Ans. The side effects which may be produced by admenta 5mg SR tablets are as follows unusual bleeding, headache and feeling of hopelessness, pain and cramps in joints and muscles, Insomnia or inability to sleep at night, Weight Loss, appetite loss, diarrhoea
Q. How effective is Admenta 5mg?
Ans. There is no definite cure for Alzheimer’s disease. However this drug is considered to be effective and helpful.
Q. How long does it take for Admenta 5mg to show results?
Ans. It is not a definite cure. Admenta only helps in slowing down the progression of this disorder.
Q. Should Admenta 5mg be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. This medicine can be taken in an empty stomach. It can be taken with or without food.
Q. Does Admenta 5mg make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes. This medicine has been reported to cause temporary drowsiness or dizziness.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Admenta 5mg tablets?
Ans. Initially, the dosage is low. It is gradually increased. There should be a gap between two tablets. do not take consecutive tablets. consult your doctor before usage.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Avoid any abrupt discontinuation. You should consult your doctor before discontinuation of this medication.
Q. Does Admenta 5mg effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. There are no reports about admenta 5mgt SR tablet’s effect in menstrual cycle. Avoid if you have renal impairment.
Q. Is Admenta 5mg safe for children?
Ans. The use of admenta 5mg SR tablet is not recommended in patients younger than 18 years of age.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Admenta 5mg?
headache and feeling of hopelessness, pain, and cramps in joints and muscles, Insomnia or inability to sleep at night
Q. Is Admenta 5mg legal in India?
Ans. Yes, this medicine is legal in India but only with the doctor’s prescription.
Q. Is there a generic variant for Admenta 5mg
Ans. Almantin, mentadem, mentra, nemdaa
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.