Table of Contents
- What is Airol Cream?
- Uses of Airol Cream
- Airol Cream Composition
- How Does Airol Cream Work?
- Airol Cream Price in India
- How to Take Airol Cream?
- Common Dosage of Airol Cream
- When to Avoid Airol Cream & Precautions to Take?
- What Are The Effects of Airol Cream on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about
- Shows Effects/ Results In
- Storage Requirements for Airol Cream
- Pro Tips When Taking Airol Cream
- Is Airol addictive?
- Can I have Airol with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I Apply Airol Cream when pregnant?
- Can I have Airol when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Airol?
- What happens if I overdose on Airol?
- What happens if I apply expired Airol?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Airol?
What is Airol Cream?
Airol cream is applied topically for the treatment of acne and wrinkles on the face.
Manufactured By – Abbott
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg offers | Pharmeasy offers | practo offers
Uses of Airol Cream
Airol cream is prescribed for:
- Acne vulgaris
- Wrinkled and rough/mottled skin
- Dry, rough patches on the skin
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia
Airol Cream Composition
Airol cream contains “Tretinoin (0.025%)” as its active ingredient which is a derivative of vitamin A.
How Does Airol Cream Work?
- Airol cream belongs to the retinoid group of drugs which is available in the form of a topical cream.
- Airol cream affects the growth and maturation of skin cells in the body regulating the number of pimples that are formed.
- In addition, it also reduces oil production on the skin and helps keep your skin pores open.
Airol Cream Price in India
|Specifics||Airol Cream Price|
|Tube of 20gm||Rs. 105|
Read More: Cycladol Price | Deflox Price | Demelan Price
How to Take Airol Cream?
- Airol is administered topically in the form of cream or gel and is for external application only.
- Before application of Airol cream, clean the area to be treated with water and non medicated soap and let it dry.
- Apply a thin layer of medication daily in the dose prescribed.
- The severity of the lesions might increase in the initial weeks. Continue using it in the dose and manner as prescribed.
Common Dosage of Airol Cream
- Airol cream is to be applied once daily in the problematic area just before bedtime or as prescribed
- Used as a 0.025–0.05% gel or cream, it can be alternated with benzoyl peroxide (one in the morning the other at night), but both should not be applied together because benzoyl peroxide accelerates degradation of Airol.
Read More: Colimex Dosage | Combivir Dosage | Coxib Dosage
When to Avoid Airol Cream & Precautions to Take?
- Avoid the use of Airol cream if you are allergic to it or to other components present in it.
- Airol cream should not be used if you are taking medicine for eczema or suffer from a skin abrasion.
- Airol is contraindicated throughout pregnancy due to the risk of birth defects involving limbs, ears, face, and the brain
- Avoid the use of Airol cream on the sunburned area.
Side Effects of Airol Cream
Some of the reported side effects of Airol Cream are –
- Dryness of skin
- Pruritus (itching of the skin)
- Skin irritation
- Burning or tingling sensation of skin
- Photosensitivity of skin
- Excessive redness
- blood cell disorder
- coffee colored vomit
- patchy appearance of the skin
What Are The Effects of Airol Cream on Organs?
Dermatological reactions- Dryness of skin, severe skin irritation, peeling or scaling skin, burning sensation, sunburn(increased photosensitivity)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Symptoms of allergic reactions caused by Airol cream are:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face or neck or throat.
Drug interactions to be careful about
Following drugs should be avoided while using Airol cream:
- Benzoyl Peroxide (Topical)
- Salicylic Acid
Shows Effects/ Results In
Airol cream belongs to the group retinoid and affects skin cell growth in the body regulating the number of pimples that crop up. The effect of this medicine can be observed in 2- 4 weeks time.
Storage Requirements for Airol Cream
- Keep Airol in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips When Taking Airol Cream
- Wash your hands after applying the cream.
- Do not apply Airol cream to cut wounds or other sensitive areas.
- Airol is highly efficacious in acne, but the response is delayed (may take 6–10 weeks).
- Use contraception while receiving Airol cream.
Is Airol addictive?
No such tendency has been observed with Airol cream.
Can I have Airol with alcohol?
Interaction of Airol with alcohol is unknown.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit juice.
Can I Apply Airol Cream when pregnant?
Airol cream is unsafe to use in pregnancy as animal studies have shown adverse effects on foetus.
Can I have Airol when feeding a baby?
Airol should be avoided in lactating mothers as it may cause toxicity to the baby.
Can I drive after taking Airol?
Yes, you can drive after taking Airol.
What happens if I overdose on Airol?
An overdose of Airol is rare since it is a topical medicine. However, if ingested, contact your doctor immediately.
What happens if I apply expired Airol?
The expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Airol?
If you miss a dose of Airol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.