Airtel offers a hassle-free approach to its customers who want to convert their Airtel prepaid number to a post-paid number. Before you opt to change your number from prepaid to postpaid, make sure to visit the Airtel website or get in touch with Airtel’s customer service to know about the best postpaid plan that suits your needs. A charge of about Rs 250 is levied, which is actually a security deposit for the conversion.
Also See: Airtel Postpaid To Prepaid
Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Conversion – How to Switch in 3 EASY WAYS?
|Sr.No||Convert Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Number||Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Number Details|
|1||Airtel Website to Convert Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Number||Visit https://www.airtel.in/postpaid/|
|2||Send an SMS to Convert Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Number||1900|
|3||Visit Airtel Store directly to Convert Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid Number||NA|
1. Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid – Visiting Airtel Website
Visit the Airtel website and browse through various postpaid plans. You can then select a plan as per your needs. Please select the option “prepaid to postpaid”. Confirm your number and submit your upgrade request from prepaid to postpaid. An OTP will be generated, which will be sent to the prepaid number. After successful verification, your prepaid number will be upgraded to a postpaid number.
2. Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid – Generating A Unique Porting Code
You can send an SMS to 1900 mentioning PORT <space>, your mobile number. You will receive a UTC code. Visit the nearest Airtel store and fill out the needed form as well as submit the required documents, which are predominantly your Aadhar card.
3. Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid – Visit Airtel Store
Visit your nearest Airtel store with copies of your Aadhar card. Don’t forget to carry your original Aadhar card. This is the only mandatory document that is required. Fill out the necessary application form and submit it. You will receive a new SIM for your postpaid connection. However, receiving a new SIM is not compulsory. You can continue using the same SIM. You will be required to switch off your mobile for a couple of hours. Upon restarting, you would have effectively converted your Airtel prepaid to a postpaid connection.
Benefits & Disadvantages of Converting Your Airtel Number from Postpaid to Prepaid
- More savings per month by doing away with unjustified monthly bills
- You can monitor your consumption pattern and recharge accordingly
- Recharge is a struggle, especially when travelling
- Unlimited free calling is not available
- Need to keep a minimum balance to avoid no-balance situations in emergency situations
Benefits & Disadvantages of Converting Your Airtel Number from Prepaid to Postpaid
- Unlimited free calling
- Processing and complaint redressal is easier
- Offers and plans are less
- Prepaid offers more flexibility where we can recharge as per usage and needs
- Costlier postpaid plans
Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid – Other Things to Keep in Mind
- In case you are not able to furnish an Aadhar card, then other documents like ID proof/ address proof can be submitted, wherein the SIM will take 24 hours to get activated
- A new postpaid connection can be availed without any charges if purchased online.
- The main account balance in your prepaid account will be carried forward to the postpaid balance and adjusted in your first postpaid bill. However, tariff plans and the data balance of prepaid numbers will be forfeited.
What are the Proofs Required to convert my Airtel Postpaid/Prepaid number?
Can I Convert my Airtel Postpaid number to Prepaid by dialling Customer Care?
No. You need to submit your Aadhar card details for address verification for a postpaid conversion by visiting the nearest Airtel store.
How long does it take to get my New Airtel Prepaid / Postpaid Sim activated?
It takes about a couple of hours to get Airtel prepaid/ postpaid SIM activated.
Other Prepaid To Postpaid Conversion Blogs
- Idea Prepaid To Postpaid
- Jio Prepaid To Postpaid
- Tata Docomo Prepaid To Postpaid
- Vodafone Prepaid To Postpaid