Skip to Content
- What is Ajwain?
- Nutritional Information
- Medicinal Properties of Ajwain
- Therapeutic Indications of Ajwain
- Dosage of Ajwain
- Benefits of Ajwain
- Ajwain as an Ayurvedic Medicine
- Side Effects of Ajwain
- Buyer’s Guide: Price and Where to Buy
- Our Take
- 23 Important Questions About Ajwain Answered
- 1. Does drinking Ajwain with water before sleeping aids in weight loss?
- 2. What do we call Ajwain in English?
- 3. Can Ajwain be consumed during a fast?
- 4. Can Ajwain be consumed every day for flatulence?
- 5. Can carom seeds be consumed daily? If so how much and when?
- 6. What is Ajwain’s storage requirements?
- 7. How long do I need to use Ajwain till I see improvement in my condition?
- 8. How many times a day do I need to use Ajwain?
- 9. Does Ajwain have any effect on breast feeding?
- 10. Is Ajwain safe for kids?
- 11. Does Ajwain have any effect on pregnancy?
- 12. What are the benefits of drinking milk with Ajwain?
- 13. What are the side effects of Ajwain?
- 14. Does Ajwain increase blood pressure?
- 15. Is it safe to eat Ajwain every day?
- 16. Can it be consumed before or after meals?
- 17. Can Ajwain be taken on an empty stomach?
- 18. Can Ajwain be consumed with water?
- 19. Can Ajwain be consumed before driving?
- 20. Can Ajwain be consumed with alcohol?
- 21. Can Ajwain be addictive?
- 22. Can Ajwain make you drowsy?
- 23. Can you overdose on Ajwain?
- Other Blogs You May Also Like
1What is Ajwain?
Ajwain (Ajowan) is derived from herb plant that is cultivated in Iran and India. Ajwain seeds vary from being slightly olive green to brown in color and have a bitter and pungent taste. It is one of those rare spices that fulfill the twin purpose of adding flavour and being good for health. These small seeds are quite similar in appearance like that of fennel seeds. These seeds are also known by the names of Trachyspermum Ammi, Bishop’s Weed or Carom. These seeds are often used for culinary purposes in small quantities and have a wonderful effect on overall health.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Ajwain in Hindi