Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ajwain?
- 2 Nutritional Information
- 3 Medicinal Properties of Ajwain
- 4 Therapeutic Indications of Ajwain
- 5 Dosage of Ajwain
- 6 Benefits of Ajwain
- 7 Ajwain as an Ayurvedic Medicine
- 8 Side Effects of Ajwain
- 9 Buyer’s Guide: Price and Where to Buy
- 10 Our Take
- 11 23 Important Questions About Ajwain Answered
1What is Ajwain?
Ajwain (Ajowan) is derived from herb plant that is cultivated in Iran and India. Ajwain seeds vary from being slightly olive green to brown in color and have a bitter and pungent taste. It is one of those rare spices that fulfill the twin purpose of adding flavour and being good for health. These small seeds are quite similar in appearance like that of fennel seeds. These seeds are also known by the names of Trachyspermum Ammi, Bishop’s Weed or Carom. These seeds are often used for culinary purposes in small quantities and have a wonderful effect on overall health.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Ajwain in Hindi