Table of Contents
- 1 What is Albuterol?
- 2 Uses of Albuterol
- 3 How Does Albuterol Work?
- 4 How to Take Albuterol?
- 5 Albuterol Price in India
- 6 Common Dosage for Albuterol
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Albuterol?
- 8 Side-Effects of Albuterol
- 9 Effects of Albuterol on Organs
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Effects/Results after Consuming Albuterol
- 12 Storage Requirements about Albuterol
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Albuterol
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Albuterol
- 15 Is Albuterol addictive?
- 16 Can I have Albuterol with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Albuterol when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Albuterol when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Albuterol?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Albuterol?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Albuterol?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Albuterol?
- 24 When Was Albuterol Made?
What is Albuterol?
Albuterol is also known as Salbutamol and is sold under the brand name Ventolin. It is a common medication used to open large airways in the lungs. Albuterol is used to treat asthma, asthma attacks, and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife India | Coupons For Netmeds
Uses of Albuterol
- Albuterol is used to treat high potassium levels (hyperkalaemia).
- It is used to relax muscles to delay premature birth.
- Albuterol is used to treat exercise-induced bronchoconstriction.
How Does Albuterol Work?
Albuterol opens the breathing passages and relaxes the muscles for easy breathing.
How to Take Albuterol?
Put the mouthpiece in your mouth. At the same time breathe in slowly and push down the canister. Hold your breath for a few seconds and breathe out slowly.
Albuterol Price in India
|Albuterol (200mcg/imdi)||Rupees 83.00|
Also Read: Baclofen Price | Bupropion Price
Common Dosage for Albuterol
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For Asthma, 2.5 mg 3 to 4 times a day.
- The same dose applies for COPD, bronchitis, Bronchospasm, etc.
Also read about other medicine's Dosage: Amitriptyline Dosage | Cialis Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Albuterol?
While taking Albuterol you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Albuterol along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and certain foods while taking Albuterol.
Side-Effects of Albuterol
Some common side effects of Albuterol are:
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
- Sore Throat
Also read about other medicine Side Effect: Januvia Side Effect
Effects of Albuterol on Organs
High dosage of Albuterol may affect the functioning of the kidney and cause renal damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious side effects by interacting with Albuterol are:
- Trazodone, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Albuterol
Albuterol will show its effect within 10 minutes and may take up to 5 to 7 hours to get out of the system.
Storage Requirements about Albuterol
Albuterol can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Albuterol
- Albuterol should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Albuterol as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Albuterol.
FAQs – Things to Know About Albuterol
Is Albuterol addictive?
Can I have Albuterol with alcohol?
No. Having Albuterol with alcohol will cause serious side effects.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Foods which are rich in vitamin K such as broccoli, cabbage, spinach, cranberry, etc.
Can I have Albuterol when pregnant?
Albuterol doesn’t cause any side effects during pregnancy.
Can I have Albuterol when feeding a baby?
There are no side effects reported for the baby even though it is passed through breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Albuterol?
No. Albuterol can cause wheezing and breathing difficulties after inhaling sometimes.
What happens if I overdose on Albuterol?
The result will be fatal. The symptoms include a headache, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, light headedness, etc.
What happens if I eat expired Albuterol?
It will not be effective but sometimes it may cause side effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Albuterol?
If you miss a dose of Albuterol take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Albuterol Made?
Albuterol was made in the year 1967.
Also read about other medicine: Acetaminophen