Table of Contents
- 1 What is Alce?
- 2 Uses of Alce
- 3 How does Alce work?
- 4 Alce Price in India
- 5 How to take Alce?
- 6 Common dosage of Alce
- 7 When to avoid Alce & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Alce
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Alce
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Alce
- 15 FAQS
- 15.1 Is Alce addictive?
- 15.2 Can I have Alce with alcohol?
- 15.3 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 15.4 Can I have Alce when pregnant?
- 15.5 Can I have Alce when feeding a baby?
- 15.6 Can I drive after taking Alce?
- 15.7 What happens if I overdose on Alce?
- 15.8 What happens if I eat expired Alce?
- 15.9 What happens if I miss a dose of Alce?
Alce Composition – Cetirizine 10 MG
Manufactured By – Franklin
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 49
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Alce?
- Alce is a very effective and potent medication to treat allergic symptoms.
- Allergies such as runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, skin itching and hives can be effectively treated with Alce.
Get Exciting Discounts upto 30%: 1mg | Practo | NetMeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons
Uses of Alce
Alce is prescribed for:
- Allergic Rhinitis
Read About: Antacid Uses
How does Alce work?
- Alce is an antihistamine which blocks the histamine action thereby reducing allergy symptoms.
- Histamines are usually produced by the body and causes fever, itching, sneezing, a runny nose, or watery eyes in allergic conditions.
Read About: Azro Tablet | Acetazoamide
Alce Price in India
|Specifics||Alce Price in India|
|Alce 5mg Tablet||Rs.25|
|Alce 10mg Tablet||Rs.20|
Know About: Argipreg Price
How to take Alce?
Alce is administered orally in the form of tablet or syrup.
Common dosage of Alce
- The recommended dose of Alce for adults is 10 mg once daily.
- The typical dose of Alce syrup range from 5 mg to 10 mg once a day.
- The usual dose range for children (6-11 years) is 5 mg/5 ml to 10 mg/10 ml (1-2 teaspoons) once daily.
Checkout: Aldactone Dosage | Belar Dosage
When to avoid Alce & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Alce if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Alce may cause mild to moderate CNS depression, resulting in sleepiness, difficulty in concentrating, etc.
- Caution is advised in the elderly population due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- Alce should be used with caution in patients with kidney or liver diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
Also Read: Anafranil Precation | Atenolol Precaution
Side Effects of Alce
- Unusual tiredness
- Dry mouth
Know About: Azo Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Metabolic reactions- Loss of appetite, flushing, increased salivation, urinary retention, dehydration, increased sugar, and thirst.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Heart failure, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, and palpitations.
- Central nervous system reactions- Incoordination, confusion, slurred speech, leg cramps, tingling, fainting, twitching, visual defect, abnormal thinking, agitation, memory loss, sleeplessness and nervousness.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Abnormal liver function, constipation, indigestion, flatulence, stomach inflammation, piles, blood in stool, rectal bleeding, mouth ulcer, tongue discoloration and tongue swelling.
- Genitourinary reactions- Bladder inflammation, painful urination, blood in urine and urinary tract infection, painful menstrual period, irregular period, breast pain and vaginal inflammation.
- Ocular and ENT reactions- Deafness, ear pain, ear damage, ringing in the ear, taste perversion, blindness and increased eye pressure.
- Musculoskeletal reactions- Muscle weakness or pain, joint inflammation and joint pain.
- Respiratory reactions- Lung inflammation, difficulty in breathing, increased sputum, pneumonia, respiratory disorder and upper respiratory tract infection.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Concomitant use of following drugs is not advised:
The effect of this medicine can be observed within 15 to 60 minutes of administration of the dose and lasts for an average duration of 24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Alce
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store it at room temperature between 20-25°C.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Alce
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with Alce due to the increased risk of side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty in concentration.
- It is recommended to not perform any activities that require high mental alertness during treatment with this medicine.
Is Alce addictive?
Can I have Alce with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Alce when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Alce when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Alce?
What happens if I overdose on Alce?
Overdose of Alce may cause dizziness, restlessness, and confusion.
What happens if I eat expired Alce?
Expired Alce may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Alce?
If you miss a dose of Alce, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.