Table of Contents
- 1 What is Alkasol?
- 2 Uses of Alkasol
- 3 How does Alkasol work?
- 4 How to take Alkasol?
- 5 Alkasol Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Alkasol?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Alkasol:
- 8 Side-Effects of Alkasol:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Alkasol Syrup
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Alkasol Syrup
- 9.3 3. Effects of Alkasol Syrup on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Alkasol Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Alkasol with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Alkasol when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Alkasol when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Alkasol?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Alkasol Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Alkasol
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Alkasol Syrup
- 12.1 Q. What is Alkasol?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Alkasol Syrup?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Alkasol Syrup?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Alkasol to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Alkasol be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Alkasol make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Alkasol doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Alkasol effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Alkasol safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Alkasol?
- 12.12 Q. Is Alkasol legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Alkasol?
It is mainly Used to prevent or treat allergic conditions like burning micturition in UTIs, kidney stones etc. Excessive urine production, fatigue are the common and major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of heart, liver and kidney problems.
Alkasol Composition: Disodium hydrogen citrate 1.37/5ml.
Manufactured By: Stadmed Limited
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter) drug.
Price: Rs 86.55 for 100ml bottle.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Buffering agent