Table of Contents
- 1 What is Alprax?
- 2 Uses of Alprax
- 3 Alprax Price in India
- 4 How to Take Alprax?
- 5 Common Dosage For Alprax?
- 6 Precautions – When To Avoid Alprax?
- 7 Side-effects of Alprax?
- 8 Effects on organs
- 9 Reported Allergic Reactions
- 10 Drug Interactions To Be Careful About
- 11 Shows Effects / Results In:
- 12 Storage Requirements for Alprax
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Alprax
- 14 FAQ
- 15 Is Alprax Addictive?
- 16 Can I have Alprax with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Alprax Tablet When Pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Alprax when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Alprax?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Alprax?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Alprax?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Alprax Tablet?
Alprax Composition – Alprazolam 0.25 MG
Manufactured By – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 21.9
Quantity – 15 tablets in 1 strip
What is Alprax?
Alprax Tablet contains Alprazolam as an active drug. Alprazolam has sedative, hypnotic, antidepressant, muscle relaxant, anxiety-relieving, and amnesic properties. Alprazolam belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines enhance the effects of GABA (a natural chemical in the body) and act on the central nervous system (nerves and brain) to produce a relaxing and calming effect.
Here is a video detailing Alprax uses, precautions & side effects. You can scroll down further to read everything in detail.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Alprax Tablet in Hindi
Uses of Alprax
It is usually used to treat anxiety disorders, like social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. Alprazolam was first released in 1981 by Upjohn (which is now a part of Pfizer)
Alprax Price in India
|0.5 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 42|
|0.25 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 20|
|1 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 86.3|
How to Take Alprax?
Alprax Tablet are usually taken by mouth with a glass of water as directed by your doctor. The tablets are to be taken with food or without food. Never crush or chew the tablet.
It is always advised for the user to read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by the pharmacist and further queries must be solved with your doctor or pharmacist.
Common Dosage For Alprax?
The drug dosage and form are decided by the physician based upon:
- Age and body weight of the patient
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Disease severity
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
Alprax is available in tablets form as 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg tablets.
You may also read: Aceclofenac Dosage
Precautions – When To Avoid Alprax?
- Use of Alprax tablets should be avoided if the patient is allergic to Alprazolam or any other benzodiazepine drug.
- Special precaution must be taken in alcohol- or drug-dependent people and people with a history of drug abuse.
- Special precaution should be taken in children, elderly, pregnant or lactating females.
- Use of Alprax should be avoided in people with psychosis and borderline personality disorder.
- Use of Alprax should be avoided in people suffering from chronic liver disease, glaucoma, severe respiratory diseases.
- Use of Alprax should be avoided in people suffering from Myasthenia Gravis.
Also Read About: Bifilac
Side-effects of Alprax?
Side effects due to Alprazolam present in Alprax tablet include:
- Blurred vision
- Increase in weight
Tolerance, physical & psychological dependence are other major adverse effects due to Alprax tablets.
You may also read: Acemiz Plus Side Effects