Table of Contents
What is Amalika?
- Amalika or Amla has been used in Ayurveda since time immemorial
- The tree is native to the tropical areas of Southeastern Asia
- It has a wide variety of health benefits
Benefits and Uses of Amalika
- It helps to maintain the right cholesterol levels. According to a 2007 study conducted on rats, Amalika helps fight high cholesterol.
- It helps in regulating blood pressure
- A 2012 study from the Journal of Ethnopharmacology concluded that treating rats with Amalika resulted in increased antioxidants and neutralization of free radicals. Thus, reducing the risk of diabetes.
- According to research, Amalika may also help fight cancer by boosting the immune system and fighting free radicals.
- It improves fertility
- Boosts eye health
Also Read - Baidyanath Vita Ex Gold Benefits
Amalika Nutritional Values
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving||%Daily Value|
How to Consume Amalika
There are a number of ways you can consume Amalika. Some of them are:
- Simply chop them and eat with a pinch of salt
- Boil them with turmeric and salt
- Have sun-dried Amalikas
- Consumption in the form of juice
- Making Amalika chutney
- Making Amalika Sabji
Side effects of Amalika
- Since little research has been conducted, not much is known about the long-term safety of Amalika consumption
- Adulteration of the Amalika products available in the market is very common. Be wary.
- It may cause bleeding and a sudden drop in blood sugar levels.
- It is better to talk to your health care provider for any queries regarding the consumption of Amalika.
You May Also Like –
- Moringa for Weight Loss
- Triphala for Weight Loss
- Baidyanath Vita Ex Gold
- Brahma Rasayana
- Dabur Lal Tail