Table of Contents
- 1 What is Frankincense?
- 2 Benefits of Frankincense Oil
- 3 How to Use Frankincense Oil
- 4 Make a scar reducing body butter
- 5 Make a Frankincense soap
- 6 Other Oils Frankincense Oil Blends With
- 7 Side Effects of Frankincense Oil
- 8 Popular Brands
- 9 Popular Sites to Buy
What is Frankincense?
Frankincense is a resin obtained by slashing the bark of the tree. The quality of Frankincense differs within the same species according to the soil type and climate. They can practically grow in any type of region, sometimes even out of solid rock. It has been traded in the Arabian Peninsula for more than 5000 years and has been widely used in perfumes and incense for its distinct aroma. In Christianity, it is of special importance as it is believed to be one of the gifts given to new born Jesus by the three wise men.
Benefits of Frankincense Oil
Anti- aging effects
Frankincense can be used to reduce acne, saggy skin wrinkles and other signs of aging
Application of Frankincense oil mixed with an unscented oil or lotion helps reduce scars, stretch marks and blemishes. Avoid using it on broken skin
Aids digestive system
One or two drops of pure frankincense oil which is not perfumed can be ingested with honey to aid in gastric problems. It helps in relieving constipation, irritable bowel syndrome or premenstrual symptoms
Frankincense oil helps remove phlegm and clear nasal passage to provide relief from cough and cold
Anti – inflammatory
Massage Frankincense oil if you have joint or muscle pain. You can also mix this oil with another carrier oil and apply it on the back of your feet, neck or other places before going to bed.
How to Use Frankincense Oil
- You can use it by diffusing it in a vapourizer
- Relieve your body from all the stress by adding a few drops to your bath
- Use it as a natural deodorizer for your home by burning the plant or by using a diffuser
- Mix it with baking soda to maintain oral health. It prevents tooth decay, cavities and bad breath
Also Read: Benefits of Rosemary Oil
Make a scar reducing body butter
Take 2 ounces of shea butter or coconut oil, 10 drops each of jasmine and frankincense oil. Melt the shea butter and add the oils, let it cool at room temperature. Store and use it as usual.
Make a Frankincense soap
Melt some soap base. Put it in a vessel and dip it in boiling water. Then remove from heat and add 5 drops of Pomegranate oil with 20-30 drops of Frankincense oil. Transfer it to the soap mold and let it cool.
Check out: Benefits Of Onion Oil
Other Oils Frankincense Oil Blends With
Lime, Orange, Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender, Myrrh, Pine and Sandalwood oil
Side Effects of Frankincense Oil
Using this oil has no reported side effects but it could cause reactions in some people.
- It may cause rashes
- You might feel nauseous or complain of stomach pain
- People who are dealing with blood thinning problems should avoid it
- Avoid if pregnant
- Mitti Se
- Organic Harvest
Popular Sites to Buy
Pro Tip: Buy via CashKaro to get cashback and discounts on Frankincense Oil.