Eucalyptus oil is an extremely popular natural essential oil. It has numerous health, skin and hair benefits. This post will discuss the benefits of applying eucalyptus oil has on your hair. There are also some precautions you should take. More on that later.
Also Read: How To Stop Hair Fall
What Is Eucalyptus Oil?
Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil made from the sweet-scented leaves of the eucalyptus plant/tree. Steam-distillation is used to make this oil.
There are many benefits of Eucalyptus oil. It is a rich source of several nutrients and minerals. It also has antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Hence, it is extremely popular as a natural remedy for various ailments.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil For Hair Growth
Eucalyptus oil kills off lice by suffocating them. Mic eucalyptus oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil. Apply it to your head and wait at least 2 hours before washing it off. Lice will suffocate and die.
Treats Itchy Scalp
Eucalyptus oil has cooling properties which provide a soothing relief for itchy scalp issues. Eucalyptus oil also contains methanol which provides relief from over-scratching your scalp.
Stimulates Hair Growth
Eucalyptus oil can also be used to improve blood circulation in the scalp and hence enhance hair growth. Hair follicles get nutrients when you massage them with this oil. Doing so stimulates hair growth and makes your hair strong.
Also Read: Best Shampoo For Damaged Hair
An amazing benefit of eucalyptus oil is that it has strong anti-fungal properties. Anti-fungal properties of this oil prevent and ward off the fungus that causes dandruff in your hair.
Over time, use of eucalyptus oil adds a natural shine to hair strands. Eucalyptus oil increases the amount of ceramides in the scalp and hair. Ceramides are lipid molecules that are naturally found in hair strands. They help hold moisture in your hair. This allows light to bounce off your hair and makes it appear shiny.
Also Read: Himalaya Hair Fall Shampoo
How To Apply Eucalyptus Oil To Your Hair
Applying eucalyptus oil is fairly simple.
- Mix a carrier oil with eucalyptus oil before applying it on your hair
- Begin by massaging your scalp and roots
- Work your way up to the tips of your hair
- Use a comb to spread out eucalyptus oil in your hair
- Leave the oil for about 30 minutes to one hour
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual
- Dry your hair with a towel once done
Remember to apply eucalyptus oil at least twice a week for maximum benefits. People with a dry scalp and hair should consider oiling their hair at least thrice a week.
Also Read: Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Beard Growth
- Mix a carrier oil like castor, coconut, jojoba, sweet almond and etc. with your essential eucalyptus oil for added benefits like Hair growth & Nourishment.
- Eucalyptus and other essential oils can be toxic in high quantities
- Eucalyptus has known to bring on asthma attacks. People with asthma should avoid it
- People allergic to eucalyptus should avoid eucalyptus oil
- It is best to try out the oil on a small patch of skin to check if rashes show up
- Pregnant and women that are breastfeeding should not use this oil
Know Better About: Side Effects Of Eucalyptus Oil
Other Stories That Will Interest You
- Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- Patanjali Hair Fall Shampoo
- Loreal Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Biotique Hair Fall Shampoo
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Q. Which is the best oil for hair regrowth and to increase hair volume?
Eucalyptus is one of the best oil for Hair Regrowth. Eucalyptus oil is rich in many nutrients and minerals and massaging your hair with eucalyptus oil helps hair follicles to observe those minerals and nutrients and hence promotes hair growth. Eucalyptus oil also improves blood circulation in the scalp which also enhances hair growth and increases the hair volume.
Q. Can you use eucalyptus oil on scalp?
Eucalyptus oil can be applied on the scalp as it provides nourishment to the Hair Follicles. The Minerals absorbed by hair follicles helps in hair growth, treats the itchy scalp, treats dandruff and use of eucalyptus adds a natural shine to the hair strands.
Q. How does eucalyptus oil kill bacteria?
Eucalyptus oil Contain Eucalyptol as it’s main component which has antibacterial properties. Eucalyptus oil helps in kills lice. When you apply eucalyptus oil in your hair and leave it for 2 hrs, the lice will suffocate and die. This happens because of the antibacterial properties of the substances present in the eucalyptus oil.