Table of Contents
- 1 About Vitamin E Oil
- 2 Benefits of Vitamin E oil for Hair
- 3 Benefits of Vitamin E oil for Skin & Face
- 4 Health Benefits of Vitamin E Oil
- 5 Uses of Vitamin E Oil
- 6 How to Apply Vitamin E oil on Skin
- 7 How to Apply Vitamin E oil on Hair
- 8 Vitamin E Oil Dosage: How Much of it is Safe?
- 9 Possible Side Effects & Precautions of Vitamin E Oil
- 10 Important Questions About Vitamin E Oil Answered
- 10.1 Will your facial hair grow if you apply vitamin E oil? Does vitamin E oil increase hair growth in females by applying it on the face?
- 10.2 Can I keep vitamin E oil on my hair overnight?
- 10.3 Which brand sells the best vitamin E oil for hair in India? Can you use vitamin E oil on your hair?
- 10.4 Is it better to use essential oils or vitamin E oil for hair growth? Can vitamin E regrow hair?
- 10.5 Does castor oil and vitamin E oil help to get thicker eyelashes and hair?
- 10.6 Can I combine mustard oil, vitamin E oil and castor oil and apply it to my hair?
- 10.7 Should I apply vitamin E oil to my scalp or consume the capsule orally for preventing hair loss?
- 10.8 Is it necessary to wash your hair after applying vitamin E oil?
- 10.9 Can vitamin E be applied directly on hair?
- 10.10 Does Evion 400 regrow hair?
- 11 Where to Buy
About Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is a fat solvable antioxidant found in plant foods such as green leafy vegetables and fruits. It is also found in nuts and seeds as well as seafood. Also known as ‘alpha-tocopherol’, vitamin E is a popular drug as it has a number of uses and benefits pertaining to hair, skin and overall health.
Vitamin E oil is usually prescribed as a supplement when for some reason the body is unable to uptake the nutrient from daily diet. Vitamin E oil can also be topically applied to skin and hair as an extract for nourishment.
Benefits of Vitamin E oil for Hair
- Hair Growth: Vitamin E oil has antioxidants that enhance blood circulation to the scalp. It conditions and nourishes hair in its entirety and restores damaged hair follicles thereby encouraging hair growth
- Prevents Greys: The possible deterioration of hair tissue is halted by the antioxidants contained in vitamin E oil thereby preventing greying of hair
- Promotes Shine: The oil acts as a natural moisturizer that maintains the scalp in optimum condition. Vitamin E oil also conditions the hair making it lustrous and smoother
- Split Ends: Vitamin E oil makes the hair more resilient to breakage and splitting by smoothing the hair cuticles
Learn More: Benefits Of Vitamin E Oil For Hair Growth
Benefits of Vitamin E oil for Skin & Face
- Moisturizer: Vitamin E is an oil soluble vitamin and restores hydration in dry and damaged skin thereby rejuvenating it
- Anti-Aging Agent: Vitamin E oil contains collagen which increases skin elasticity. This reduces the incidence of wrinkles and fine lines thereby giving smooth and supple skin
- Sunburn Treatment: The antioxidants present in vitamin E oil combat the effects of free radicals caused by ultra-violet radiation therein leading to quick damage control in sunburn cases
- Fights Dark Spots: Dark spots are hyperpigmentation which can be caused by reasons such as damage attributed to free radicals, age, problems related to liver malfunctioning etc. The antioxidants present in vitamin E oil minimise the effects of free radicals which cause hyperpigmentation
- Cleanser: Vitamin E oil acts as a weighty emollient which removes grim and dirt easily from the surface of the skin while sustaining the delicate oil balance
- Treats Dry Nails and Cuticles: Vitamin E oil has moisturizing properties which can heal dry cuticles and nails
- Stretch Marks Treatment: The collagen in vitamin E oil is known to restore skin elasticity thereby reducing and lightening stretch marks
- Addresses the Pain Associated with Sores: The oil moisturizes dry areas and provides relief from the pain and biting sensation that accompanies cold sores
Health Benefits of Vitamin E Oil
- Burns & Injuries: Vitamin E oil has amazing healing properties wherein it can cure small burns and wounds
- Scar Treatment: Vitamin E oil is capable of penetrating deep inside the skin to repair and lighten the scar at its core thereby reducing the incidence of scars
- Fights Skin Cancer: The antioxidants present in the oil act as a protective layer on the skin thereby reducing the effects of harmful cancer-causing UV radiation
- Treats Eczema & Psoriasis: The dry effect of eczema is reduced by the moisturizing properties of vitamin E oil, making the skin soft and reinstating its elasticity. Similarly, the oil also treats psoriasis by the process of skin renewal
- Combats Cholesterol Issues: Bad cholesterol is prevented by vitamin E oil from oxidizing and forming a peripheral lining of the arteries therein reducing the risks of a heart attack
- Cystic Fibrosis: Vitamin E oil supplements are prescribed to babies who suffer from pancreatic blockage caused by cystic fibrosis. This helps the infants maintain suitable weight and reduces the pancreatic blockage caused due to the deficiency
You Will Also Like: Benefits of Frankincense Oil
Uses of Vitamin E Oil
- High Blood Pressure
- Varicose Veins
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Good for eyes
- Sustains fetus in the womb
- Tackles women’s health issues
- Treats impotence in men
- Important component in skin care items
Also Read: Benefits of Avocado oil
How to Apply Vitamin E oil on Skin
Dark Spot Reduction
- Remove the oil from the Vitamin E capsule by breaking it
- Mix the oil with a body lotion or any natural carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil
- Apply the mixture to dark spots
- Continue application once per day till the spots become noticeably lighter
Combine few drops of vitamin E oil with the moisturizing lotion and apply it on the body as a night time beauty ritual
Increase Your Knowledge: Benefits of Sandalwood Oil
How to Apply Vitamin E oil on Hair
- Remove the oil from the Vitamin E capsule by breaking it
- Combine the extract with warm olive or coconut oil
- Apply the mixture to hair and scalp
- Rinse off the mixture with lukewarm water after 30 minutes
Split Ends Treatment
- Mix 3 ounces each of olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and hemp oil
- Add about 2 ounces of vitamin E oil to the mixture
- Use as a hot oil or as a cover to get rid of split ends
Vitamin E Oil Dosage: How Much of it is Safe?
Vitamin E oil can be used for oral consumption or topical treatment. The prescribed dosage should be limited to 15 mg per day
Possible Side Effects & Precautions of Vitamin E Oil
- People suffering from diabetes can suffer from heart failure with vitamin E oil consumption. Please consult doctor before taking vitamin E oil
- Clotting issues can increase if a person is vitamin K deficient
- Increased risks of heart attacks among people with cardiac issues
- Neck or heart cancer patients should limit vitamin E oil intake to 400 IU per day
- Vitamin E oil can accelerate vision loss in patients with retinitis pigmentosa
- Vitamin E oil is a blood thinner and hence should not be consumed prior to or after surgery
Important Questions About Vitamin E Oil Answered
Will your facial hair grow if you apply vitamin E oil? Does vitamin E oil increase hair growth in females by applying it on the face?
Yes, Vitamin E oil is widely used to repair hair follicles and promotes hair growth. But if you mix vitamin E oil with your regular moisturizer in moderate quantity then it does not promote facial hair growth.
Can I keep vitamin E oil on my hair overnight?
Yes, you can leave Vitamin E oil on your hair overnight. Massage Vitamin E oil in your scalp and hair. Leave it overnight for best results.
Which brand sells the best vitamin E oil for hair in India? Can you use vitamin E oil on your hair?
Mother Nature’s Essentials Vitamin E oil is the best vitamin E oil for hair in India that promotes hair growth and strengthens hair roots.
Is it better to use essential oils or vitamin E oil for hair growth? Can vitamin E regrow hair?
You can use both essential oils and vitamin E oil for hair growth. Vitamin E oil repairs hair follicles and helps in regrowth of hair.
Does castor oil and vitamin E oil help to get thicker eyelashes and hair?
Yes, castor oil and vitamin E oil help to get thicker eyelashes and hair.
Can I combine mustard oil, vitamin E oil and castor oil and apply it to my hair?
Yes, you can combine mustard oil, vitamin E oil and Castor oil. Please use 2-3 drops of these oils. Over use can cause hair breakage and increased hair fall.
Should I apply vitamin E oil to my scalp or consume the capsule orally for preventing hair loss?
Yes, you can apply Vitamin E oil to your scalp as well as consume capsule orally as it prevents hair loss.
Is it necessary to wash your hair after applying vitamin E oil?
Yes, it is necessary to wash your hair after applying Vitamin E oil as it makes your hair sticky and greasy.
Can vitamin E be applied directly on hair?
Yes, Vitamin E can be applied directly on your hair. You can also mix 4-5 drops of Vitamin E in any carrier oil for best results.
Does Evion 400 regrow hair?
Evion 400 helps replenish Vitamin E in your body and it can help regrow hair.
Where to Buy
Best Brands that Sell Vitamin E Oil
- West Coast Evit