Table of Contents
- Things To Do In Delhi
- 15. HOHO Bus Tour
- 14. Heritage Walk
- 13. Places to Eat in Delhi
- 12. Places to Shop in Delhi
- 11. Visit an Amusement Park in Delhi/NCR
- 10. Langar at Bangla Sahib
- 9. Surajkund Mela
- 8. Party at HKV or CP
- 7. Buy spices from spice market
- 6.Toy Train Ride at Rail Museum
- 5. Experience outdoor activities in resorts
- 4. Chokhi Dhani
- 3. Paintball at Shootout Zone
- 2. Kingdom of Dreams
- 1. Light and Sound Show at Purana Qila
Delhi is a city that never stops amusing you, it brings more to your plate every time you visit. The attractions are endless and so are the activities that you can do. Here are some of the top things to do when in Delhi.
Things To Do In Delhi
15. HOHO Bus Tour
Taking the Hop On – Hop Off Bus Tour is the easiest way to look around Delhi. You can visit over 20 attractions in Delhi in an air-conditioned bus with an educated guide. All you need to do is book your tickets, choose from the designated pick up points and hop on/hop off.
14. Heritage Walk
Experience lesser known parts of the city by choosing areas according to your interest. These tours help you merge in the crowd and get up close with the culture and history of Delhi.
13. Places to Eat in Delhi
From a fine dining experience to authentic street food, Delhi has a lot to offer. Walk the streets of old Delhi to find hidden gems like Karim’s, Parathe wali gali and immerse yourself in a flavorful culinary experience.
Some other places to eat:
- Chowringhee Lane, South Delhi – Rolls, fried momos and food from other tiny cafes
- Pandara Road – Have More, Gulati, Ichiban
- Nizamuddin – Ghalib Kebab Corner
- IIFT, Qutb Institutional Area – Roadside dhabas like Laxman Dhaba
- Connaught Place – Kake Da Hotel, Parikrama, Keventers and other countless places
- CR Park – For authentic Bengali cuisine like Puchkas, Sarso Maach etc.
- Champa Gali, Saket – Jugmug Thela, Phoking Awesome, Blue Tokai
12. Places to Shop in Delhi
Delhi is a shopper’s paradise. Whatever be your style or budget it has got something for everyone. If you want to indulge in some inexpensive shopping, head to Sarojini Market in South Delhi.
Other places to shop:
- Lajpat Nagar – Indian wear
- Karol Bagh – Bridal wear
- Chandni Chowk – Bridal wear, jewelry
- Khan Market – Upstreet shopping
- Greater Kailash – Upstreet shopping
- Janpath – Clothes, footwear, handicrafts, artefacts, antiques, leather goods
- Dilli Haat – Clothes, jewelry, footwear, bags
11. Visit an Amusement Park in Delhi/NCR
If you are looking for some fun, visit any amusement park in Delhi or the National Capital Region. You can also get a glimpse of some amazing monuments from the Delhi Eye.
Here’s a list of a few amusement parks:
- Worlds of Wonder, Noida
- Appu Ghar, Gurgaon
- Fun N Food Village, Kapashera
- Adventure Island, Rohini
10. Langar at Bangla Sahib
Visit Bangla Sahib which is a prominent gurudwara in New Delhi. The grounds include a golden dome and holy lake. Travelers of any caste, religion and creed can visit the place, have the langar or help in the kitchen to serve people.
9. Surajkund Mela
Surajkund Mela is held each year in February for 15 days. With music, dance, art, craft, this is one of the biggest cultural fests all around the world.
8. Party at HKV or CP
Party your evenings away at Hauz Khas Village or Connaught Place. HKV is set around the ruins of Feroz Shah’s tomb and an ancient water reservoir. Small lanes are packed with cafes one after the other and it is one of the most popular attractions in Delhi. Connaught Place showcases beautiful Georgian architecture and has many places to party.
7. Buy spices from spice market
Khari Baoli is Asia’s largest wholesale spice market. This busy commercial market is located close to Chandni Chowk and caters to various other states in India. You can also buy nuts, herbs, teas and other food items from here.
6.Toy Train Ride at Rail Museum
Indian railways form the largest transportation network in India and there’s no better way to see it than the Rail Museum. You can take a steam train or toy train ride here, dine at the rail restaurant and buy souvenirs.
5. Experience outdoor activities in resorts
There are various resorts in Gurgaon like Dumdama Lake Resort, Camp Wild, Fly India Adventure Resort etc. where you can experience many outdoor activities. Try rock climbing, ATV rides, boating, camel ride, obstacle courses, parasailing and more.
4. Chokhi Dhani
Chokhi Dhani is probably one of the most interesting places to visit in Delhi. You can experience delicious food in a traditional Rajasthani atmosphere. This place is wonderful to visit with your family.
3. Paintball at Shootout Zone
Get your friends and family along and have some fun playing Paintball at Shootout Zone. Away from the chaos of the city, this place helps you let loose and enjoy to the fullest.
2. Kingdom of Dreams
Watch extraordinary musical and theatrical shows at Kingdom of Dreams. The place gives you a carnival feel and being here is an absolute extravaganza.
What to see:
- Nautanki Mahal – Shows like Zangoora
- Showshaa Theatre – Shows like Jhumroo
- Culture Gully
- IIFA Buzz
1. Light and Sound Show at Purana Qila
Watch the light and sound show depicting the seven cities of Delhi against the backdrop of the ruins of Purana Qila, in Mathura Road. It gives an insight into the history of Delhi and is one unique experience you shouldn’t miss out on when in Delhi. The show mostly takes place after 7pm.
Other places to explore:
How To Reach Delhi
Nearest Railway Station:
New Delhi Railway Station
Nearest Bus Stop:
- Maharana Pratap Inter State Bus Terminus, Kashmere Gate
- Swami Vivekanand Inter State Bus Terminus, Anand Vihar
- Vir Haqiqat Rai Inter State Bus Terminus, Sarai Kale Khan
Avail Discounts on Your Bus Booking From: ConfirmTkt
Where To Stay in Delhi
Radisson Blu | The Lalit | The Leela Palace | The Roseate | Starwood Hotels
There are many other budget and luxury hotels in Delhi.