Skip to Content
- Amla Juice Benefits for Hair
- Amla Juice Benefits for Skin
- Health Benefits Of Amla Juice
- 1. Provides Anti-oxidant
- 2. Immunity booster
- 3. Controls diabetes
- 1. Can Amla juice be consumed before or after meals?
- 2. Can Amla juice be taken on an empty stomach?
- 3. Should Amla juice be consumed with water?
- 4. Should Amla juice be consumed with milk?
- 5. What should be avoided while consuming Amla juice?
- Safe Dosage
- 1. Damages Liver
- 2. Can cause hypoglycaemia
- 3. May cause dehydration
- 1. Can Amla juice be consumed before driving?
- 2. Can Amla juice be consumed with alcohol?
- 3. Can Amla juice be addictive?
- 4. Can Amla juice make you drowsy?
- 5. Can you overdose on Amla juice?
- 1. When should we drink Amla juice?
- 2. Can Amla juice regrow hair?
- 3. Is it good to drink Amla juice on empty stomach?
- 4. Does Amla juice help in weight loss?
- 5. Can Amla juice be applied on hair directly?
- 6. Can you drink Amla juice at night?
- 7. Does Amla reverse grey hair?
- 8. Does Amla juice help with acidity?
- Research on Amla Juice
What is Amla Juice?
Amla (Phyllanthus emblica) provides innumerable health benefits to us. These benefits have been known to mankind since the early times. Amla Juice provides nutrition to us and helps us remain healthy. The impressive effects of this juice have only recently spread to the rest of the world. The essential minerals and vitamins that it contains are not only integral for our body’s well-being but also help prevent most common and widespread diseases.
Do you know?
Amla is called Indian Gooseberry in English.
Amla Juice Benefits
You cannot imagine the number of ways in which Amla juice will help you. Here is a list of benefits of Amla juice you can enjoy by consuming Amla juice regularly.
Amla Juice Benefits for Hair
1. Amla Juice Strengthens hair
If you are struggling with damaged hair, split ends or frizzy hair then Amla juice can be of aid to you. Apply Amla juice on your hair and keep it for about half an hour. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Doing this frequently will make your hair stronger and shinier.
2. Amla Juice Promotes hair growth
Amla is rich in iron, Vitamin B Complex and protein which are essential for boosting hair growth. These nutrients and other minerals make your hair follicles strong, thus ensuring better hair growth. You can mix Amla juice and lemon juice and apply it on your hair. Wait for 45 minutes and then wash it off.
Grey hair is a nightmare for any woman. Amla juice helps in improving the pigmentation of hair and keeping them dark and shiny. It does not let your hair turn grey prematurely if you use it regularly.
3. Amla Juice Helps get rid of dandruff
Amla juice has vitamin C in abundance which removes dandruff with its citrus nature. The application of Amla juice on scalp twice every week will solve the issue of oily scalp and dandruff easily.
Dry and frizzy hair do not look good and that’s a problem we always want to end. Amla juice conditions hair, making them soft and smooth. It also cleanses the scalp so that it doesn’t feel greasy. You can make a hair mask by mixing Amla juice and eggs and apply it on your hair before washing them.
Amla Juice Benefits for Skin
1. Amla Juice helps treat dark spots
The vitamin C present in Amla juice lightens your skin and reduces pigmentation. With a cotton pad, apply Amla juice on your face regularly for maximum benefits. It will lighten the dark spots and give a natural glow to your face.
2. Amla Juice provides anti-ageing benefits
Amla juice is packed with antioxidants that help fight all signs of ageing. Vitamin C is also an essential component in keeping your face free from blemishes and fine lines. Consuming Amla juice delays ageing and keeps your skin looking young and wrinkle free.
3. Amla Juice treats acne and pimples
A very important property of Amla juice is that it is a blood purifier. Consuming it will give you great skin and treat acne and pimples.
4. Amla Juice exfoliates and cleanses
It is widely known that Amla is a good exfoliator. It cleanses your skin and removes the dead cells. Apply Amla juice on your face with a cotton pad every day to get glowing skin. If your skin is sensitive then you should dilute the juice by adding a little water before applying it.
5. Amla Juice repairs damaged tissues
The antioxidants and Vitamin C in Amla juice quickens the process of repairing damaged tissues. It removes the dead skin cells and replaces them with regenerated ones.
Health Benefits Of Amla Juice
- Helps asthma patients: Drinking Amla juice can help reduce irritation in the respiratory system. It provides a soothing effect to those who suffer from asthma or bronchitis. It also lessens the possibility of a chronic cough or tuberculosis.
- Burns fat: having a glass of Amla juice every day enhances protein synthesis and reduces cholesterol levels. Include it in your regular diet if you want to get rid of that stubborn arm and belly fat.
- Treats constipation: Consuming Amla juice daily can prove to be a laxative. It will regulate your bowel movement and make stool passage easy. It can be helpful in relieving you of many stomach issues.
- Treats gastric disorders and purifies the blood: Amla juice is not only a good remedy for diarrhoea and dysentery but also good for your liver’s health. It is also proven to be helpful in treating peptic ulcers and acidity. Amla juice purifies the blood and increases the haemoglobin percentage of your body as it is rich in iron.
- Improves eyesight: Amla juice is packed with nutrients like Vitamin C which enhance your eye sight. It also lessens intraocular tension which in turn doesn’t let problems like itching and watering of eyes occur.
- Is good for the heart: Amla juice lowers the cholesterol levels, hence improving your heart’s health. It makes the heart muscles stronger, making it easier for it to pump blood.
Amla Juice Uses
Amla juice has innumerable benefits. Using it, by ingesting or applying, can help you in many ways.
1. Provides Anti-oxidant
Amla juice is packed with minerals and vitamins such as carotene, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and vitamin B complex. It is a perfect antioxidant that flushes toxins out of your body. It further ensures your body’s protection from oxidative stress by eliminating free radicals. Amla juice is also known to regulate the urinary system and balance stomach acids. Ayurveda holds that regular consumption of Amla juice promotes longevity.
2. Immunity booster
Amla juice has a vital composition- Vitamin C. Vitamin C increases the number of white blood corpuscles in the body, thus improving the immune system. The antibacterial properties of the juice help fight off bacteria and infections.
3. Controls diabetes
Those who are diabetic can avail special benefits from Amla juice. Consuming Amla juice with turmeric powder and honey twice a day is known to be helpful in keeping diabetes under control. The chromium present in Amla helps control the blood sugar levels. Apart from that, it also stimulates the secretion of insulin.
How To Use Amla Juice
Apart from the juice, Amla also comes in other forms like powder, marmalade etc. Each one has its own benefits.
1. Can Amla juice be consumed before or after meals?
Yes, you can consume Amla juice before meals or after meals. It does not have any harmful effects whether taken before or after a meal.
2. Can Amla juice be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes, Amla juice can be taken on an empty stomach as well. It is advised to dilute it in water before consumption. You should not have milk, tea or coffee for around 45 minutes after having Amla juice on an empty stomach.
3. Should Amla juice be consumed with water?
There is no harm in taking Amla juice with water. In some cases, it proves to be even more beneficial.
4. Should Amla juice be consumed with milk?
Amla juice should never be consumed with milk. In fact, you should avoid having milk for 45 minutes after having Amla juice.
5. What should be avoided while consuming Amla juice?
There are no restrictions as such for having Amla juice as it can be consumed any time. The only major thing to avoid is milk and beverages that contain milk. Tea and coffee also should not be consumed for a while after having Amla juice.
Amla Juice Dosage
|Adults||10-15 ml||Any time|
|Children (2-10 years)||3-10 ml||Any time|
|Children (below 2 years)||1-3 ml||After meals|
Side Effects Of Amla Juice
Here are some side effects of Amla juice but only when consumed in extra doses.
1. Damages Liver
If you consume Amla juice in excess then it can lead to an increase in the liver enzymes known as serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase, SGPT. These increased enzymes cause disturbance in your digestive pattern too.
2. Can cause hypoglycaemia
Over consumption of Amla juice can lead to hypoglycaemia, which is harmful for normal and diabetic people.
3. May cause dehydration
Excessive intake of Amla juice can cause dehydration as Amla is diuretic in nature. It can also effect those who are allergic to Amla.
Precautions & Warnings of Amla Juice
1. Can Amla juice be consumed before driving?
Yes, Amla juice can be consumed at any time of the day. It does not make you dizzy or unable to drive.
2. Can Amla juice be consumed with alcohol?
There is no need of consuming Amla juice with alcohol. Both are different kinds of drinks and you ideally shouldn’t mix them. However, having Amla juice with alcohol does not cause any side effects as such.
3. Can Amla juice be addictive?
No, Amla juice is not addictive at all. It provides health benefits which help you in many ways. No part of it is even remotely addictive.
4. Can Amla juice make you drowsy?
Amla juice does help curing insomnia but it does not make you drowsy. It helps you relax and soothes inflammation.
5. Can you overdose on Amla juice?
Having anything in doses that are more than recommended is harmful. So is the case with Amla juice. If you over consume it then you will have to face some health issues. Therefore, it is always stressed to not go beyond the prescribed dosage.
Important Questions Asked About Amla Juice
1. When should we drink Amla juice?
You can have Amla juice any time of the day. It can be consumed on an empty stomach or before and after meals as well.
2. Can Amla juice regrow hair?
Amla juice is rich in iron, protein and Vitamin B complex. These nutrients help in repairing damaged hair and enhancing hair growth.
3. Is it good to drink Amla juice on empty stomach?
Yes, it is perfectly healthy to have Amla juice on an empty stomach. However, you must not have milk, tea or coffee for a while after that.
4. Does Amla juice help in weight loss?
Amla juice has nutrients which boost protein synthesis and metabolism. Having a glass of Amla juice daily can help reduce fat.
5. Can Amla juice be applied on hair directly?
Yes, you can apply Amla juice on hair directly. You can also dilute it in water or make a hair mask by adding eggs to it. This will make your hair stronger and shinier.
6. Can you drink Amla juice at night?
Yes, you can have Amla juice at night as well. It is helpful especially to those who have sleep issues and digestive problems.
7. Does Amla reverse grey hair?
Amla prevents premature greying of hair. The high amounts of iron in it provides pigmentation to the hair, making them dark and shiny.
8. Does Amla juice help with acidity?
Yes, Amla juice is really helpful in treating acidity and peptide ulcers. It soothes the digestive tract, enhancing metabolism and ensures easy passage of stool.
Where to Buy Amla Juice Online?
Choosing the best Amla Juice to get all the benefits mentioned above is really important. Here are some online retailers and brands available at CashKaro, from where you can buy your Amla Juice.
Research on Amla Juice
Research titled “Anti-diabetic effects of the Indian indigenous fruit Emblica Officinalis Gaertn: active constituents and modes of action” scientifically explains how Amla is helpful for diabetics. It tells how the antioxidant properties of Amla make it an antidote for diabetes. It eliminates free radicals from the body and prevents diabetic nephropathy.
You may also read about Other Similar Blogs