Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Amla Oil
- 2 1. Adds luster and strengthens hair
- 3 2. Eliminates dandruff
- 4 3. Prevents hair loss and greys
- 5 4. Serves as an antioxidant
- 6 5. Improves heart health
- 7 6. Strengthens immune system
- 8 7. Prevents skin aging and acne
- 9 8. Helps fight skin infections
- 10 9. Improves eyesight
- 11 How to Use Amla Oil
- 12 Amla Oil – Nutritional Value
- 13 Dosage of Amla Oil
- 14 Side Effects of Amla Oil
- 15 5 Important Questions About Amla Oil Answered
- 16 1. Which is the best hair oil: Coconut oil or Amla oil?
- 17 2. Can I apply a combination of Coconut oil and Amla oil in my hair?
- 18 3. Can I mix Onion juice with Amla oil for fast hair growth?
- 19 4. Can we mix Mustard oil and Amla oil for hair regrowth?
- 20 5. Can you leave Amla Oil on hair without rinsing it for approx. 1 day?
- 21 Buyer’s Guide
- 22 Where to Buy
- 23 Popular Brands
Amla (Indian Gooseberry) is native to India and is widely used in hair oils. The fruit is also consumed and its properties make it one of the best, safest and healthiest ingredients. Amla Oil can also be prepared at home and it contains Vitamin C, antioxidants and other nutrients.
Amla Oil Price: Rs 88 for 300 ml
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Amla Oil in Hindi
Benefits of Amla Oil
1. Adds luster and strengthens hair
Amla Oil moisturizes, adds shine and strengthens hair. It also helps prevent scalp infections. It can be applied by massaging or by adding a few drops in your shampoo or conditioner. There are several benefits of Amla oil for your beard as well.
2. Eliminates dandruff
It prevents dry skin, irritation and flakes that can cause dandruff.
3. Prevents hair loss and greys
Amla Oil strengthens hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. It reduces hair breakage and premature greying.
Know the amazing Benefits of Amla oil for hair
4. Serves as an antioxidant
High levels of Vitamin C, flavonoids and other antioxidants help in reducing oxidative stress and negative effects of free radicals in the body.
5. Improves heart health
It controls high blood pressure and cholesterol. The healthy fatty acids, potassium and inflammatory compounds in Amla oil help relieve tension in the cardiovascular system.
6. Strengthens immune system
Its anti-bacterial properties make it an ideal choice for soothing gut related bacterial infections. It also helps fight colds, flu and congestion.
7. Prevents skin aging and acne
Using Amla Oil reduces early signs of aging like wrinkles, blemishes, age spots etc. It also works wonders when it comes to fighting acne.
8. Helps fight skin infections
Pure Amla Oil gives a healthy glow to your skin. It also helps fight against infections like Psoriasis, Eczema and Rosacea.
9. Improves eyesight
Having Amla juice or consuming a few drops of Amla oil with honey improves eyesight and strengthens eye muscles. It is also known to prevent cataracts.
Also read: Benefits of Amla Oil
How to Use Amla Oil
1. For Face Masks
Want glowing and bright skin? Use a few drops of amla oil or amla powder and mix it with various ingredients for different benefits.
- Mashed Avocado
- Parsley and honey
- Yoghurt and rose water
- Lemon Juice
2. For Hair
Massage Amla Hair Oil for lustrous and dandruff free hair.
Also, check out the best onion oils in India that are bound to make your hair longer and stronger.
Amla Oil – Nutritional Value
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat:||1.76 gm||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0.52 gm||0.70%|
|Poly unsaturated Fat||0 gm||0%|
|Mono unsaturated Fat||0 gm||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate.||10.4 gm||1.60%|
|Dietary Fibre||4.1 gm||0.80%|
Dosage of Amla Oil
You can use it once or twice a week, quantity depending upon need and discretion.
Side Effects of Amla Oil
Amla Oil when applied externally does not have any notable side effect but, it is suggested that you use it in proper proportions. However, you should be mindful of how much you consume because, over consumption may affect your health negatively.
5 Important Questions About Amla Oil Answered
1. Which is the best hair oil: Coconut oil or Amla oil?
Both Amla oil and Coconut oil are good for hair. The use of both, however, depends on what kind of natural hair treatment you are looking for.
2. Can I apply a combination of Coconut oil and Amla oil in my hair?
Yes, Coconut oil and Amla oil if combined, can do wonders to protect your hair
3. Can I mix Onion juice with Amla oil for fast hair growth?
Yes, you can mix onion juice with Amla oil to quicken your hair growth.
4. Can we mix Mustard oil and Amla oil for hair regrowth?
Yes, you can mix Mustard oil and Amla oil for hair regrowth. Mustard oil is rich in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and many other nutrients that are essential for hair growth.
5. Can you leave Amla Oil on hair without rinsing it for approx. 1 day?
Yes, you can leave amla oil on your hair and scalp for a day and wash it off the next day, provided that your scalp and hair have been cleaned before its application.
Choosing the best Amla Oil to reap all its benefits is really important. Below are a few online stores and some of the most popular brands available for Amla Oil.
Where to Buy
Pro Tip: Buy Amazing Amla Products online via CashKaro to get amazing offers, cashback and discounts!