Indian gooseberry or amla is a potent superfood loaded with antioxidants especially vitamin C. This powerhouse food has an uncommonly sweet, sour and bitter flavour to it. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C, iron and calcium. As per Dr. Komal Bhadouria, Nutritionist, SCI International Hospital, New Delhi, Amla is loaded with antioxidants that can reduce cell damage by lowering free radicals that can cause many diseases. Amla is great for hair growth. It cures dandruff and also prevents hair loss, strengthen roots therein promoting hair growth. Amla is best consumed in powdered form. Let’s discuss the varied ways of consuming amla in powdered form.
Also Read - Amla For Acidity | Amla Juice For Diabetes
How To Use Amla For Hair Growth
Amla and Shikakai
- Mix 2 tbsp of shikakai, and 2 tbsp of amla powder in 4 tbsp water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to scalp and wash off with cool water after 40 minutes.
- You can do this treatment once a week.
- Alternatively, adding lime juice to the above pack can help in the treatment of dry scalp.
Amla Powder And Egg For Hair Growth
- In a bowl whisk two whole eggs until they begin to fluff up.
- To this egg mixture add amla powder and stir to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp.
- Wash off with cool water after one hour.
Fenugreek and Amla Powder
- Mix 2 tbsp amla powder along with 2 tbsp fenugreek powder along with 5 tbsp warm water to get a smooth mixture. Use a plastic or glass bowl for mixing the contents.
- Soak the mixture overnight.
- Apply the mixture to scalp and hair in the morning.
- Wash hair after 20 minutes with cool water and a mild sulphate free shampoo.
- Consuming 1/4th to 1 teaspoon of amla powder each day can prevent grays, improve scalp condition and promote hair growth.
- According to Dr. Shalini Minglani, a Bangalore based nutritionist, amla powder is the purest vitamin C source that strengthens from within and makes blood vessels thicker and stronger. It improves immunity and overall health including the health of hair.