Table of Contents
- 1 What is Anacin?
- 2 Uses of Anacin
- 3 How does Anacin work?
- 4 Anacin Price in India
- 5 How to take Anacin?
- 6 Common dosage of Anacin
- 7 When to avoid Anacin & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Anacin
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Anacin
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Anacin
- 15 FAQs– Things to Know About Anacin
- 16 Is Anacin addictive?
- 17 Can I have Anacin with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Anacin when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Anacin when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Anacin?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Anacin?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Anacin?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Anacin?
Anacin Composition – Aspirin / Acetylsalicylic acid (500mg) + Caffeine (30mg)
Manufactured By – Pfizer Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 20.46
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Anacin?
- Anacin is an analgesic and antipyretic drug which decreases the substances that cause pain and inflammation.
- Anacin is a combination of a salicylate and a stimulant and it also contains caffeine, to increase the pain relieving effects of aspirin.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Netmeds Promo Code | Medlife Promo Code
Uses of Anacin
Anacin is prescribed for:
- Muscle pain
- Minor arthritis pain
- Prevent heart attack, strokes and angina
Also Read: Calci Uses
How does Anacin work?
Anacin works by reducing or antagonizing the adenosine receptors which suppress the production of prostaglandins that cause pain, fever, and inflammation.
Also Read: Bioflex Composition
Anacin Price in India
|500mg/30mg Bottle of 160 Tablets||Rs. 447.32|
|500mg/30mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 20.46|
|Multipain 400mg/40mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 19.87|
How to take Anacin?
- Anacin is administered orally in the form of tablet, with water.
- In case of stomach upset, this medicine can be taken with food or milk.
- Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking Anacin.
Common dosage of Anacin
- Dose for adults to prevent myocardial infarction or heart attack is 75-325 mg/day.
- Dosage for pain and fever is 325-650 mg, every 4 or 6 hours. Maximum dose is 4 g per day.
- For pain and inflammation associated with musculoskeletal and joint disorders, initial dose is 2.4 to 3.6 g per day
Also Read: Bren Dosage
When to avoid Anacin & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Anacin if you are allergic to aspirin or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Aspirin present in Anacin may cause stomach or intestinal bleeding, which can be fatal, especially for hemophilia patients.
- Anacin is not recommended for children use due to aspirin present in it which can cause Reye’s syndrome.
- If you are taking this medicine to prevent stroke then avoid taking ibuprofen or take at least 8 hours before or 30 minutes after taking Anacin.
- Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease and asthma.
- Patients older than 60 years of age, and who use blood thinners need to be cautious as Anacin may increase the risk of bleeding in them.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol due to the risk of bleeding.
- Do not drive until and unless you know how it affects your mental ability to stay conscious
Side Effects of Anacin
- Stomach upset
- Trouble sleeping
- Increased urination
Effect on organs?
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Abdominal discomfort or pain, nausea, vomiting, haemorrhage, peptic ulcers, perforation, and esophageal ulcerations.
- Renal system reactions- Reduction in glomerular filtration rate, interstitial nephritis, papillary necrosis, elevations in serum creatinine, elevations in blood urea nitrogen, hematuria, and renal failure.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions include:
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Following drugs may interact with Anacin and should not be consumed:
- Corticosteroids (prednisone)
- Valproic acid
- Herbal medications (ginkgo biloba)
Anacin is a combination drug and blocks several different chemical processes within the body that cause pain, inflammation, and fever.
Storage Requirements for Anacin
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at room temperature between 20 and 25 .
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Anacin
- Taking Anacin close to bedtime may cause trouble falling asleep due to the presence of caffeine in it.
- Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking Anacin.
- Avoid certain foods that may trigger headaches.
- Regular exercise, less stress and dietary changes may help prevent headaches.
FAQs– Things to Know About Anacin
Is Anacin addictive?
Can I have Anacin with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food containing caffeine like tea, coffee, cola, and chocolates.
Can I have Anacin when pregnant?
Can I have Anacin when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Anacin?
What happens if I overdose on Anacin?
Overdose of Anacin may cause burning pain in the throat or stomach, confusion, fainting, weakness, fever, rapid breathing, change in the amount of urine, seizures, loss of consciousness.
What happens if I eat expired Anacin?
Expired Anacin may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Anacin?
If you miss a dose of Anacin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.