Table of Contents
- What is Analgin?
- Uses of Analgin
- How does Analgin work?
- Analgin Price in India
- How to take Analgin?
- Common dosage of Analgin
- When to avoid Analgin & Precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Analgin
- Effect on organs?
- Reported allergic reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Shows effects
- Storage Requirements for Analgin
- Pro Tips when taking Analgin
- FAQs– Things to Know About Analgin
- Is Analgin addictive?
- Can I have Analgin with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Analgin when pregnant?
- Can I have Analgin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Analgin?
- What happens if I overdose on Analgin?
- What happens if I eat expired Analgin?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Analgin?
Analgin Composition – Metamizole / Dipyrone (500mg)
Manufactured By – Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 8.34
Quantity – 1 Tablet
What is Analgin?
- Analgin contains metamizole as an active ingredient.
- It is categorized as pyrazolone derived NSAID, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug.
Buy at the best price: 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Uses of Analgin
Analgin is prescribed for:
- Treatment of severe pain; usually after surgery.
- Treatment of severe pain in patients with cancer.
- Treatment of stomach pain.
How does Analgin work?
Analgin work by inhibiting an enzyme responsible for high fever and pain.
Also Read: Bren Composition
Analgin Price in India
|500mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 5.50|
How to take Analgin?
- Analgin is administered orally in the form of tablets.
- It is also given via injection.
- Do not crush or break this medicine and do not take it for more than five days.
Common dosage of Analgin
The usual dosage of Analgin is 500 mg up to 1000 mg. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 5000 mg a day
When to avoid Analgin & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Analgin if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Patients with bone marrow disorders or a history of agranulocytosis or other similar disorders (anemia, eosinophilia, and others) should not take this medicine.
- Analgin is not recommended for use in patients with liver disorders, asthma and hypotension.
- Children under 15 years of age should not be given this medicine
Also Read: Bioflex Precaution
Side Effects of Analgin
- Kidney damage
- Pink colored urine
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure
Also Read: Calci Side Effects | Anacin Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Nervous system reactions- Drowsiness, nausea.
- Hematological reactions- Agranulocytosis (low white blood cell count), aplastic anaemia.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Skin rash
- Swelling of throat, face and tongue
- Difficulty breathing
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Concomitant use of following drugs can lead to adverse effects:
- Blood thinners (Warfarin, Acenocoumarol, Heparin)
- Corticosteroids (Dexamethasone, Prednisolone, Methylprednisolone, Fluticasone)
- Sulfonamides (Bactrim),
- Ampicillin (Pentrexyl)
- Amoxicillin (Sinacilin)
- Amoxiclav (Panklav)
- Metformin (Gluformin)
Analgin shows it effects within 30 minutes after administration.
Storage Requirements for Analgin
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Analgin
- Do not consume alcohol during treatment with Analgin.
- Drink adequate amount of water and fluids to stay hydrated.
FAQs– Things to Know About Analgin
Is Analgin addictive?
Can I have Analgin with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Analgin when pregnant?
Can I have Analgin when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Analgin?
What happens if I overdose on Analgin?
Over dose of Analgin is considered fairly safe.
What happens if I eat expired Analgin?
Expired Analgin may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Analgin?
If you miss a dose of Analgin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.