Table of Contents
- 1 What is Argipreg?
- 2 Uses of Argipreg
- 3 How does Argipreg work?
- 4 Argipreg Price in India
- 5 How to take Argipreg
- 6 Common Dosage of Argipreg
- 7 When to avoid Argipreg & precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Argipreg
- 9 Effect on organs
- 10 Reported allergic reactions
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage requirements for Argipreg
- 14 Pro tips when taking Argipreg
- 15 FAQs
- 16 Is Argipreg addictive?
- 17 Can I have Argipreg with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Argipreg when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Argipreg when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Argipreg?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Argipreg?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Argipreg?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Argipreg?
Argipreg Composition – L-arginine 3 GM+Proanthocyanidins 75 MG
Manufactured By – Mankind Pharma Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 35.64
Quantity – 6.5gm
What is Argipreg?
- Argipreg contains L-arginine which is a non-essential amino acid and is obtained from the diet and is necessary for the body to make proteins.
- It acts as an antioxidant and increases body’s immunity and also removes harmful radicals from cells.
Buy Smart and Save Money : 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Uses of Argipreg
It is prescribed for:
- Chest pain (angina)
- Erectile dysfunction
- High blood pressure
- Inflammation of the digestive tract in premature infants
- Nitrate tolerance
- Leg pain associated with poor blood flow
- High blood pressure during pregnancy (pre-eclampsia)
How does Argipreg work?
- Argipreg is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide (NO).
- NO cause blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow.
- Argipreg also stimulates the release of growth hormone, insulin, and other substances in the body.
Read About: Aldactone | Antacid | Alce Tablet
Argipreg Price in India
|Specifics||Argipreg Price in India|
|Argipreg D Granules||Rs.42|
|Argipreg Plus Sachet||Rs.35.64|
How to take Argipreg
Argipreg is administered orally in the form of tablets, with or without food.
Read About: Atenolol Sachet | Belar Price
Common Dosage of Argipreg
- For congestive heart failure, dose range is 6-20 grams per day, as three divided doses.
- For chest pain associated with coronary artery disease, dose is 3-6 grams, three times per day for up to one month.
- For organic erectile dysfunction, 5 grams per day.
- Dose for preventing inflammation of the digestive tract in premature infants is 261 mg/kg added to oral feedings daily for the first 28 days of life.
Checkout: Anafranil Dosage | Acetazoamide Dosage
When to avoid Argipreg & precautions to take?
- Avoid Argipreg if you are allergic to it or to the components present in it.
- Argipreg should be used with caution in people with cirrhosis.
- Argipreg might lower blood pressure; avoid this medicine if you already have low blood pressure.
- Argipreg might increase the risk of death after a heart attack, especially in older people. If you have had a heart attack recently, don’t take this medicine.
- Patients with kidney disease need to be cautious while receiving this medicine.
Read About: Aldactone Precaution | Azro Precaution
Side Effects of Argipreg
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormality of blood
- Decreased blood pressure
- Airway inflammation
- Worsening of asthma
Effect on organs
No adverse effect have been reported yet.
Reported allergic reactions
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face, throat or hands
Drug interactions to be careful about
- Argipreg seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking it along with medications for high blood pressure might cause blood pressure to go too low. Some medications for high blood pressure are captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vacates), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix).
- Medications that increase blood flow to the heart (Nitrates) interacts with Argipreg. These include nitroglycerin (Nitro-Bid, Nitrostat), and isosorbide (Imdur, Isordil, Sorbitrate).
- Taking sildenafil and Argipreg together might cause the blood pressure to go too low.
Argipreg is converted into nitric oxide and this biochemical improves blood flow by vasodilatation. Argipreg stimulates secretion of insulin, growth hormones and other vital biochemical for proper body functions.
Storage requirements for Argipreg
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro tips when taking Argipreg
- Argipreg is a combination of nutritional supplement with amino acid.
- This medicine increase placental circulation, preterm labor, prevent growth retardation, erectile dysfunction and prevent early miscarriage.
Is Argipreg addictive?
Can I have Argipreg with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No; not until your doctor tells you otherwise.
Can I have Argipreg when pregnant?
Can I have Argipreg when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Argipreg?
What happens if I overdose on Argipreg?
Overdose of Argipreg may cause confusion, drowsiness, muscle tremors, deep breathing or abdominal cramps.
What happens if I eat expired Argipreg?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Argipreg?
If you miss a dose of Argipreg, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.