What is Aristozyme?
Aristozyme is used mainly to treat indigestion or stomach disorders. Diarrhea is a major side effect of Aristozyme when it is consumed in more than the recommended dose. Aristozyme should never be used in cases of intestinal obstruction.
Aristozyme Composition – Diastase, Pepsin
Manufactured By – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription – Not Required
Form – Capsules and Syrup
Price – Rs 51.70 for 10 capsules
Expiry/Shelf Life – 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug – Synthetic enzymes
Uses of Aristozyme
Aristozyme is used mainly to prevent or treat stomach related disorders/ conditions. It is prescribed for the following:
- Indigestion: It is used in cases of indigestion to aid in proper food digestion.
- Dyspepsia: It is used in cases of dyspepsia (pain in the upper part of the stomach).
- Starch digestion: Used in cases of disorders of starch digestion and aids in breaking down and digestion of starch.
- Stomach disorders: Used to treat stomach related conditions like the feeling of fullness or gastric trouble
- Pancreatic disorders: Used to treat pancreatic disorders as pancreas also secretes enzymes responsible for proper digestion.
Also Read: Amlodipine Uses | Azee 500 Uses | Bandy Plus Uses | Betnovate N Uses
How does Aristozyme work?
- Aristozyme contains Diastase and Pepsin as its active ingredients.
- Diastase and Pepsin break down the protein and starch molecules available in the food.
- Breaking down of protein and starch molecules help in improving and accelerating the digestive system and eventually provides relief from stomach conditions like indigestion and feeling of fullness.
How to Take Aristozyme?
- Aristozyme is available in the form of capsules and syrup.
- When consuming capsules, Aristozyme should be taken orally with a glass of water or as directed by the consulting physician with or after food to avoid any gastric distress.
- Aristozyme capsules should be taken at a fixed time daily.
- When consuming syrup form of the drug, always shake the bottle well before consuming the drug as it helps in a homogeneous mixture of the drug.
- Measuring cup should always be used to consume the prescribed amount of drug.
- In case of using Aristozyme as an over the counter drug, always go through the leaflet/ package insert of the drug thoroughly to have a better knowledge of the drug.
Common Dosage for Aristozyme
- The dosage of the drug can be decided by the doctor as per the Weight, Age, Mental status of the patient, Severity of the condition being treated
- The common dose of Aristozyme is usually a single capsule, one to two times a day and sometimes three times a day depending on the condition being treated and the individual response of the patient to the drug.
- It is always advisable to consult the Paediatrician before administering the drug to children below 16 years of age.
On this page:
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Aristozyme?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Aristozyme?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Aristozyme?
- Q. What is the onset time of Aristozyme?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Aristozyme stay?
- Warnings When Taking Aristozyme
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Aristozyme?
- What Are The Effects of Aristozyme on Organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Aristozyme
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Aristozyme
- 3. Effects of Aristozyme on Lab Tests
- 4. Aristozyme’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Aristozyme with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Aristozyme when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Aristozyme when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Aristozyme?
- Storage Requirements for Aristozyme
- Q. What is Aristozyme?
- Q. What are the uses of Aristozyme?
- Q. What are the side effects of Aristozyme?
- Q. How effective is Aristozyme?
- Q. How long does it take for Aristozyme to show results?
- Q. Should Aristozyme be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Aristozyme make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Aristozyme Tablets?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Aristozyme effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Aristozyme safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Aristozyme?
- Q. Is Aristozyme legal in India?
Q. What happens if I overdose on Aristozyme?
An overdose of any drug may increase the chances of serious side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the drug and immediately consult the medical team in case of any signs of a drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Aristozyme?
One should consume the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers but try to avoid taking the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose as it may lead to a drug overdose.
Missing a dose is not recommended and one should strictly adhere to the dosing schedule.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Aristozyme?
A single dose of expired Aristozyme is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Aristozyme?
Aristozyme takes time to show its effect. The onset of action and relief in symptoms vary with every patient and condition being treated.
Q. Till when does the effect of Aristozyme stay?
The effect of Aristozyme stays for a variable amount of time, depending on the patient and the condition being treated.
Also Read: C Tax-O Dosage | CTor Dosage | Dolo 650 Dosage
When to Avoid Aristozyme?
Do not Consume Aristozyme in the following scenarios:
- Allergy: In cases of allergic history or present condition of allergy to Aristozyme or any synthetically derived enzymes.
- Bleeding disorders: It should be avoided in cases of Patients with bleeding disorders
- Obstruction: In cases of obstructions like colon or intestinal obstruction.
- Pregnancy: should be avoided in cases of pregnancy as it is not advisable for pregnant women.
- Pre-existing diseases: In cases of pre-existing conditions like Gout and Crohn’s disease.
- Acute Pancreatitis: It should not be used in cases of Acute Pancreatitis unless stated clearly by the doctor.
Precautions While Taking Aristozyme
- Uric acid: Should be avoided if the uric acid levels are high.
- Surgical cases: Should not take Aristozyme if any surgical procedure is planned or the Patient has undergone surgical procedure recently.
Warnings When Taking Aristozyme
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose will not provide additional effect instead it may cause serious side effects.
- Aristozyme is not advisable in bleeding disorders.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Aristozyme.
Side-Effects of Aristozyme
The side effects associated with Aristozyme used for different treatments are:
- Diarrhea – common
- Nausea – common
- Abdominal pain – less common
- Swelling of the tongue – rare
- Constipation – less common
- Rashes – less Common
- Acute toxicity – less Common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Aristozyme?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Aristozyme are:
- Red protuberances on the skin – less common
- Swelling of eyes, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Rashes – less common
What Are The Effects of Aristozyme on Organs?
Aristozyme should be used with caution and after proper medical consultation in cases of liver and kidney diseases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A patient should be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Aristozyme. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Aristozyme. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Aristozyme
No particular food item needs to be avoided when consuming Aristozyme.
2. Medicines Interactions with Aristozyme
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Metronidazole (mild)
- Migitol (mild)
- Acarbose (severe)
3. Effects of Aristozyme on Lab Tests
No particular lab tests are affected by Aristozyme.
4. Aristozyme’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Aristozyme can cause reactions to patients suffering from acute pancreatitis and bleeding disorders. One is recommended to consult their physician before consuming Aristozyme in such conditions.
Q. Can I have Aristozyme with alcohol?
No. There is an increased risk of side effects when Aristozyme is taken with alcohol. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Aristozyme.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Aristozyme.
Q. Can I have Aristozyme when pregnant?
No, as no studies have been performed for Aristozyme’s safety in pregnant women. Therefore, it should be avoided during pregnancy unless stated by the doctor and always notify the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Aristozyme when feeding a baby?
No, as the effect of Aristozyme on human milk is unknown. Therefore, the doctor should always be informed in such cases as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I drive after taking Aristozyme?
Yes, as Aristozyme does not affect the ability to drive but it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if symptoms like dizziness or drowsiness occur after taking Aristozyme.
Also Read: Augmentin 625 Side Effect | Avil Side Effect
Aristozyme Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Aristozyme Variants||Aristozyme Composition||Aristozyme Price|
|Aristozyme Syrup||Fungal diastase 50mg, Pepsin 10mg/5ml||Rs. 88.65 for 200 ML|
|Aristozyme Drops||Fungal diastase 33.33mg, Pepsin 5mg/5ml||Rs. 42.40 for 15 ML drops|
|Aristozyme Fizz Tablet||Alpha-amylase 20mg, Papain 60mg, Simethicone 25mg||Rs. 17.60 for 4 tablets|
Buy & Get Upto 20% Off: Use 1mg Coupon Codes | Netmeds Offers | Myra Coupons | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Substitutes of Aristozyme
The following are alternative drugs for Aristozyme:
- Entrozyme Tablet
- Manufactured by – Stadmed Ltd
- Price – Rs. 36 for 10 tablets
- Entozyme 200ml Syrup
- Manufactured by – Biophar Lifesciences
- Price – Rs. 92 for 200 ML Syrup
Storage Requirements for Aristozyme
- Aristozyme should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place away from direct heat and light.
- The drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered About Aristozyme
Q. What is Aristozyme?
Ans. Aristozyme is multiple ingredients drug. It serves multiple purposes like providing relief in cases of Indigestion and stomach disorders.
Q. What are the uses of Aristozyme?
Ans. Aristozyme is used majorly to cure stomach related disorders including indigestion, dyspepsia, and starch indigestion. It is also used to treat pancreatic disorders.
Q. What are the side effects of Aristozyme?
Ans. The most common side effects of Aristozyme are diarrhea and nausea. There are also some less common side effects such as constipation, rashes, abdominal pain, and acute toxicity. The rarest side effect of Aristozyme is the tongue swelling up.
Q. How effective is Aristozyme?
Ans. Aristozyme is an effective medicine. It is used quite often for stomach disorders.
Q. How long does it take for Aristozyme to show results?
Ans. Aristozyme shows its effect within a few days of therapy.
Q. Should Aristozyme be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. It is preferable to consume Aristozyme with or just after having meals to avoid any stomach distress.
Q. Does Aristozyme make you drowsy?
Ans. Aristozyme might cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Aristozyme Tablets?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Aristozyme toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of Aristozyme even if the symptoms disappear. One should never stop Aristozyme without consulting with the doctor.
Q. Does Aristozyme effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Aristozyme safe for children?
Ans. Aristozyme should only be administered to children if recommended by the pediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Aristozyme?
Ans. Any bleeding disorder, Intestinal obstruction, acute pancreatitis are to be taken into consideration before taking Aristozyme
Q. Is Aristozyme legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.