Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ascoril Cough Syrup?
- 2 Uses of Ascoril Cough Syrup
- 3 How does Ascoril Cough Syrup work?
- 4 How to Take Ascoril Cough Syrup?
- 5 Ascoril Cough Syrup Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Ascoril Cough Syrup and Precautions
- 7 Side-Effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup:
- 8 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9 Buyer’s Guide – Ascoril Cough Syrup Composition, Variants and Price
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs about Ascoril Cough Syrup
What is Ascoril Cough Syrup?
Ascoril Cough Syrup is mainly used to treat different kinds of allergic symptoms like congestion of chest, common cold, acute sore throat stuffy nose due to bronchitis, asthma, respiratory tract infection. Increased heart rate and tremors are the major side effects at high repetitive doses of syp Ascoril. It should be avoided in case of pregnancy and liver or kidney diseases.
Ascoril Cough Syrup Composition: Bromhexine 2mg + Guaifenesin 50mg + Terbutaline 1.25mg + Menthol 0.5mg
Manufactured By: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Ascoril Cough Syrup Price: Rs 94 for 100ml bottle
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiallergic
Uses of Ascoril Cough Syrup
Ascoril + Syrup serves a great purpose in the prevention or treatment of the following conditions:
- Allergy: Used for symptomatic relief of allergy
- Common cold: Used to provide symptomatic relief in cases of common cold.
- Cough: Used to manage the cough.
- Stuffy nose: Used to provide relief in case of stuffy nose.
All the above-mentioned symptoms are managed with Ascoril Expectorant Syrup and are caused by conditions like respiratory tract infection, asthma, and bronchitis.Buy Ascoril Cough Syrup
How does Ascoril Cough Syrup work?
- Ascoril LS syrup contains Bromhexine which is a mucolytic agent
- It breaks down sputum’s mucopolysaccharide fibers and further makes the mucous thin and loose, making it easier to cough out
- Guaifenesin in Ascoril LS is an expectorant which helps increase bronchial secretion
- It reduces the viscosity and facilitates removal of mucus through coughing
- Terbutaline acts as a bronchodilator
- It helps relax the muscles in the airway and facilitates easier breathing
How to Take Ascoril Cough Syrup?
- Ascoril Cough is usually available in Syrup form.
- Ascoril+ can be taken with or without water as advised by the physician at a fixed time.
- Shake the bottle well before consuming the drug and always use a measuring cup to consume advised dose.
- Ascoril Cough Syrup should be accompanied by plenty of fluids to aid the mucus removal.
- Complete dose/therapy as prescribed by the doctor should be taken.
- It is advisable to go through the drug leaflet available in the packet insert.
Ascoril Cough Syrup Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common adult dose is 5-10ml of Ascoril+ given daily in 2-3 divided doses, unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Consult a pediatrician before administering to children below 2 years of age.
- Prolonged use or dose alteration should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Pack insert should be read thoroughly if using Ascoril Cough Syrup as it is an over the counter drug.
Overdosing on Ascoril Cough Syrup
Overdose of Ascoril Cough Syrup can cause adverse effects so, the drug should be taken carefully as prescribed by the doctor and consult medical staff or the doctor immediately in case of Ascoril Cough Syrup overdose.
Missing a dose of Ascoril + Syrup
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember to take the medicine. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug.
Consuming expired Ascoril Cough Syrup
Expired dose of this syrup is very unlikely to cause any undesired effect. However, the physician should be consulted in case of any sickness or symptoms after consuming an expired medicine. An expired drug is not potent enough to treat the condition and one should avoid consuming expired Ascoril Plus Syrup.
Onset time of Ascoril Cough Syrup
Effects or results depend on the condition being treated, usually one starts to feel recovered within first 1-3 days of therapy.
Time Taken for Effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup to Show
Complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment. The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
When to Avoid Ascoril Cough Syrup and Precautions
Do not consume Ascoril Cough Syrup if you have any of the following
- Liver problems: The drug should be administered in patients with renal or liver disease with caution.
- Pregnancy: Ascoril Cough Syrup should be used with caution in a patient with pregnancy and by nursing mothers.
- Dose alteration: Dose alteration without medical consultation should be avoided.
- Allergy: The doctor should always be informed about any allergic history to any of its components.
- Other Medication: Always inform the doctor about any concomitant medication you are taking at the present time.
Side-Effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup:
The side effects associated with Ascoril Cough Syrup are:
- Nausea (less common)
- Vomiting (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Lightheadedness (less common)
- Drowsiness (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Stomach Ache (less common)
- Dry mouth (less common)
- Increased heart rate (less common)
- Tremors (less common)
- Skin rashes (less common)
Allergic Reactions to Ascoril Cough Syrup
In case of any allergic reactions like
Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
Effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup on Organs
Ascoril Cough Syrup is to be used with caution under expert’s supervision in patients with liver or kidney diseases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Ascoril Plus Syrup. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Ascoril Cough Syrup.
Food Interactions with Ascoril Cough Syrup
No particular food item to be avoided.
Medicines Interactions with Ascoril Cough Syrup
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products they use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Anisindione (mild)
- Bendrofluazide (mild)
- Dicumarol (moderate)
- Carvedilol (mild)
Effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup on Lab Tests
Ascoril Cough Syrup does not affect any laboratory test as such.
Ascoril Cough Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any liver or kidney diseases.
Buyer’s Guide – Ascoril Cough Syrup Composition, Variants and Price
|Ascoril Cough Syrup Variants||Ascoril Cough Syrup Composition||Ascoril Cough Syrup Price (Rs.)|
|Ascoril Plus Tablet||Guaifenesin 100mg + Terbutaline 2.5mg + Bromhexine 8mg||Rs. 30 for 10 tablets.|
|Ascoril LS 100ml Syrup||Ambroxol 30mg + Guaifenesin 50mg + Levosalbutamol 1mg/5ml||Rs. 94.5 for 1 pack|
|Ascoril D Junior 60ml Syrup||Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg + Dextromethorphan 10mg + Phenylephrine 5mg/5ml||Rs. 75 for 1 pack|
|Ascoril Flu 15ml drops||Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg + Phenylephrine 2.5mg/ml||Rs. 53.50 for 1 pack|
Substitues of Ascoril Cough Syrup
The following are alternative drugs for Ascoril Cough Syrup:
- Alkof Orange 100 ml syrup:
- Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 71
- Kuff Q 100ml syrup:
- Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 59
- Brored 100ml Expectorant:
- Manufactured by Lupin Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 60
- Broxyl T 100ml syrup:
- Manufactured by Austro Labs.
- Price- Rs. 76
Buy & Get Upto 35% Off – Use Practo Coupons
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs about Ascoril Cough Syrup
Q. Can I have Ascoril Cough Syrup with alcohol?
No, since consuming alcohol with Ascoril Cough Syrup can increase the risk of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness etc. Always consult with the doctor before consuming alcohol while taking this drug.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Ascoril Cough Syrup when pregnant?
No, it should be avoided in pregnancy and the doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case-specific recommendations.
Q. Can I have Ascoril Cough Syrup when feeding a baby?
Ascoril Syrup should be used with caution in case of lactating mothers as the effects of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Ascoril Cough Syrup?
Yes, as it has no effect on one’s ability to drive. However, if you experience side effects like drowsiness or dizziness, it is advisable not to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Q. What is Ascoril Cough Syrup?
Ascoril Cough Syrup is a fixed-dose combination drug which contains Bromhexine, Guaifenesin, Terbutaline and Menthol as its main active ingredient. Ascoril Cough syrup is used to treat infectious and allergic symptoms and conditions like common cold and cough etc.
Q. What are the uses of Ascoril Cough Syrup?
Ascoril Cough syrup is used to treat infectious and allergic symptoms and conditions like common cold and cough etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup?
The most common side effects of Ascoril Cough Syrup are Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Lightheadedness, Drowsiness, Dizziness.
Q. How long does it take for Ascoril Cough Syrup to show results?
Effects/result depends on the condition being treated, usually one starts to feel recovered within the first 1-3 days of therapy.
Q. Should Ascoril Cough Syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
Ascoril Expectorant Syrup can be taken on an empty stomach but to prevent any potential stomach upset and to have better absorption, it should be taken with or after food.
Q. Does Ascoril Cough Syrup make you drowsy?
Yes, Ascoril Cough Syrup may cause drowsiness or sleepiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Ascoril Cough Syrup doses?
Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ascoril Cough Syrup should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Ascoril Cough Syrup.
Q. Does Ascoril Cough Syrup affect my menstrual cycle?
No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug.
Q. Is Ascoril Cough Syrup safe for children?
Ascoril Cough Syrup is safe to be administered in children but proper consultation and recommendation by the Pediatrician should be taken. Variants of the same drug is available for pediatric population.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ascoril Cough Syrup?
Any liver disorder, pregnancy or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Ascoril Syrup.
Q. Is Ascoril Cough Syrup legal in India?
Yes, it is legal in India.
You can purchase Ascoril Cough Syrup from below stores and get exciting CashKaro Cashback:
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.