Table of Contents
- 1 What is Augmentin?
- 2 Uses of Augmentin
- 3 How does Augmentin work?
- 4 How to take Augmentin?
- 5 Augmentin Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Augmentin?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Augmentin:
- 8 Side-Effects of Augmentin:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Augmentin
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Augmentin
- 9.3 3. Effects of Augmentin on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Augmentin’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Augmentin with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Augmentin when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Augmentin when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Augmentin?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Augmentin Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Augmentin
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Augmentin
- 12.1 Q. What is Augmentin?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Augmentin?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Augmentin?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Augmentin to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Augmentin be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Augmentin make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Augmentin doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Augmentin effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Augmentin safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Augmentin?
- 12.12 Q. Is Augmentin legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Augmentin?
It is broadly used to treat various minor and some major ailments like UTIs (urinary tract infections) and infections of skin, genitals, ear and nose. Stomach Pain and Diarrhea at repetitive high doses are the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney problems as Augmentin is not metabolized properly in such cases and can lead to toxicity.
Augmentin Composition: Amoxicillin 500mg + Clavulanic Acid 125mg
Manufactured By: GlaxoSmithKline.
Form: Tablets, Syrups and Injections.
Price: Rs 188.83 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic