Table of Contents
- 1 What is Augmentin?
- 2 Uses of Augmentin
- 3 How does Augmentin work?
- 4 How to take Augmentin?
- 5 Augmentin Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Augmentin?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Augmentin:
- 8 Side-Effects of Augmentin:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Augmentin Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Augmentin
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Augmentin
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Augmentin?
It is broadly used to treat various minor and some major ailments like UTIs (urinary tract infections) and infections of skin, genitals, ear and nose. Stomach Pain and Diarrhea at repetitive high doses are the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney problems as Augmentin is not metabolized properly in such cases and can lead to toxicity.
Augmentin Composition: Amoxicillin 500mg + Clavulanic Acid 125mg
Manufactured By: GlaxoSmithKline.
Form: Tablets, Syrups and Injections.
Price: Rs 188.83 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic