Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Augmentin?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Augmentin?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Augmentin?
- Q. Onset time of Augmentin?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Augmentin stay?
- Warnings When Taking Augmentin
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Augmentin?
- What are the effects of Augmentin on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Augmentin
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Augmentin
- 3. Effects of Augmentin on Lab Tests
- 4. Augmentin’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Augmentin with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Augmentin when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Augmentin when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Augmentin?
- Storage requirements for Augmentin Tablets
- Q. What is Augmentin?
- Q. What are the uses of Augmentin?
- Q. What are the side effects of Augmentin?
- Q. How long does it take for Augmentin to show results?
- Q. Should Augmentin be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Augmentin make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Augmentin doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Augmentin effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Augmentin safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Augmentin?
- Q. Is Augmentin legal in India?
1What is Augmentin?
It is broadly used to treat various minor and some major ailments like UTIs (urinary tract infections) and infections of skin, genitals, ear and nose. Stomach Pain and Diarrhea at repetitive high doses are the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney problems as Augmentin is not metabolized properly in such cases and can lead to toxicity.
Augmentin Composition: Amoxicillin 500mg + Clavulanic Acid 125mg
Manufactured By: GlaxoSmithKline.
Form: Tablets, Syrups and Injections.
Price: Rs 188.83 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic