Table of Contents
- 1 What is Avil?
- 2 Uses of Avil
- 3 How does Avil work?
- 4 How to take Avil?
- 5 Common Dosage for Avil
- 6 When to Avoid Avil?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Avil
- 8 Side-Effects of Avil
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Avil
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Avil
- 9.3 3. Effects of Avil on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Avil’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Avil with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Avil when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Avil when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Avil?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Avil Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Avil
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Avil
- 12.1 Q. What is Avil?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Avil to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Avil be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Avil make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Avil doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Avil effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Avil safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Avil?
- 12.10 Q. Is Avil legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Avil?
Used mainly to prevent or treat allergic conditions like runny nose, red itchy skin, and eyes. Jaundice and loss of consciousness are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of breathing problem, liver or kidney disorders and glaucoma.
Avil Composition: Pheniramine Maleate 25mg
Manufactured By: Sanofi India Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, syrup, and Injection
Price: Rs. 17.36 for 10 tablets (10mg tablet).
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti-allergic.