Table of Contents
- 1 What is Avomine?
- 2 Uses of Avomine
- 3 How does Avomine work?
- 4 Avomine Price In India
- 5 How to take Avomine?
- 6 Common dosage of Avomine
- 7 When to avoid Avomine & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Avomine
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Avomine
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Avomine
- 15 FAQs– Things to Know About Avomine
- 16 Is Avomine addictive?
- 17 Can I have Avomine with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Avomine when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Avomine when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Avomine?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Avomine?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Avomine?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Avomine?
What is Avomine?
- Avomine belongs to phenothiazine group.
- It is an antihistamine which is used to treat allergic reactions, relieves motion sickness.
Buy with Discounts: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Myra Medicines Coupon Code
Uses of Avomine
Avomine is prescribed for:
- Allergic reactions
- Nausea and vomiting
- Motion sickness
How does Avomine work?
- Avomine works by stopping histamine from binding to its receptors in an area in the brain known as the vomiting center.
- The vomiting center is responsible for the vomiting reflex and the feeling of sickness. By blocking the histamine receptors in the vomiting center, Avomine prevents disturbances in the middle ear from activating the vomiting center.
Avomine Price In India
|25mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 38.25|
|25mg Strip of 8 Tablets md||Rs. 24.58|
How to take Avomine?
Avomine is administered orally in the form of tablet, with water.
Common dosage of Avomine
- For prevention of travel sickness, swallow one tablet with water each night at bedtime, starting the night before travelling. For short journeys, swallow one tablet 1 to 2 hours before starting the journey.
- Swallow one tablet with water and then a second tablet the same evening to treat travel sickness. Then a third tablet should be taken on the following evening. Maximum 4 tablets can be taken within 24 hours.
- For nausea and vomiting, swallow one tablet with water as required at bedtime.
When to avoid Avomine & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Avomine if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Avoid performing activities that may require mental alertness because this medicine may cause drowsiness in some.
- Avomine should not be given to children below 9 years of age.
- Avomine is not recommended in patients with the history of asthma or any respiratory disease or central nervous system depression.
- Patients receiving medicines like narcotics or local anaesthetic need to be cautious because Avomine may lower the seizure threshold.
- Avomine may make skin more sensitive to sunlight than usual, so avoid exposing skin to direct sunlight or sunlamps.
- People with closed angle glaucoma, kidney or liver problems, coronary artery disease, epilepsy need to be cautious while receiving this medicine.
Side Effects of Avomine
- Skin rash
- Loss of strength
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
Effect on organs?
- Central nervous system reactions- Drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, ringing in the ear, fatigue, sleeplessness, convulsive seizures, excitement and hallucinations.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Increased or decreased blood pressure, fast or slow heart rate and faintness.
- Dermatological reactions- Skin inflammation, sensitivity to light and hives.
- Hematological reactions- Bruising, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting and jaundice.
- Respiratory reactions- Asthma, nasal stuffiness and respiratory depression.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face, tongue or throat
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Following drugs should not be administered while receiving Avomine:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as phenelzine, tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid (in the previous 14 days)
- Antipsychotic medicines (Chlorpromazine)
- Barbiturates (Phenobarbital)
- Benzodiazepines (Diazepam, Temazepam)
- Sedating antihistamines (Chlorphenamine, Brompheniramine, Hydroxyzine)
- Sleeping tablets (Zopiclone)
- Strong opioid painkillers (Morphine, Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (Amitriptyline)
- Anticholinergic medicines for Parkinson’s symptoms
- Antispasmodic medicines
- Certain antihistamines (Brompheniramine, Chlorphenamine)
- Medicines for urinary incontinence (Oxybutynin, Flavoxate, Tolterodine, Propiverine, Trospium)
The effect of Avomine can be observed in 20 minutes after an oral dose and 3 to 5 minutes after an intravenous dose and lasts for an average duration of 12 hours.
Storage Requirements for Avomine
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at temperature below 30.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Avomine
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Not recommended for children below 9 years of age.
- It is a relatively safe drug.
FAQs– Things to Know About Avomine
Is Avomine addictive?
Can I have Avomine with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid heavy and highly salty food.
Can I have Avomine when pregnant?
Can I have Avomine when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Avomine?
What happens if I overdose on Avomine?
Overdose of Avomine may cause convulsions, dry mouth, hallucinations, and loss of consciousness, seizures, and restlessness.
What happens if I eat expired Avomine?
Expired Avomine may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Avomine?
If you miss a dose of Avomine, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.