10 Awesome Things to Do in Pondicherry
Pondicherry, one of the seven union territories of India has a seemingly French influence which is infused in its local culture. The region’s landscape is dotted with beautiful beaches, temples, gardens, parks and museums. Puducherry offers a number of options to suit every traveller’s needs. With CashKaro’s MakeMyTrip Coupon Codes, you can avail amazing offers on your trip!
Things To Do in Pondicherry
1. Relish The Lip Smacking Cuisine At The Following Cafes and Eateries
- La Villa
- Crepe in Touch
- Sri Kamatchi Nonveg Hotel
- Kasha ki Aasha
Also Read: Places To Visit In Pondicherry
2. Shopping in Pondicherry
Pondicherry is an octroi free destination and hence you can get the best deals on almost all items in your shopping cart.
- Textiles and fabrics in satin, corduroy, oxford and other varieties
- Shops such as “Golden Bridge” and “Rhinestone Art” are famous for selling unique pottery items
- Well finished and authentic leather products are quite popular among visitors in Pondicherry
- Products like hand-made incense, candles, essential oils can be purchased from the many boutiques of Pondicherry
- Antique items especially the French furniture are popular buys
- Handmade paper made at the Aurobindo Ashram factory is also a major shopping item
3. Explore Ancient Civilisations
Visit the port town of ‘Arikamedu’ to delve into the excavations of a prehistoric Roman trade centre
4. Get Awed By The History & Heritage Of The Colonial Era
- French War Memorial
- Raj Niwas
5. Explore Varied Museums
- Visit the Pondicherry museum to explore the ancient Arikamedu Roman civilisation
- Kids can have a gala time visiting the Doll Museum’ or the Jawahar Toy Museum
6. Get Enchanted By The Architectural Marvel Of The Varied Holy Places
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple
- Gokilambal Thirukameswar Temple
- Varadaraja Perumal Temple
- Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Church of Our Lady of Angels
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral
- Meeran Mosque
7. Explore Biodiversity
Experience many varieties of flora, aqua-fauna & avi-fauna by visiting the below mentioned gardens and National park
- Botanical Garden
- Bharathi Park
- Ousteri Wetland and National Park
8. Experience Spirituality & Learn Yoga
- Auroville Ashram
- Aurobindo Ashram
9. Indulge in Water Sports Activities Such As
- Banana boat rides
- Scuba diving
10. Unwind At The Lovely Beaches
- You can relax and unwind by the many beautiful beaches which are a major part of Pondy’s landscape
- Activities such as swimming, walking, volleyball and photography can be undertaken.
Below are some popular beaches which one can visit…
- Paradise Beach
- Pondicherry Beach
11. Surfing in Pondicherry
- Take a class and learn how to surf the right way.
- This package has a 90-minute surfing class with a trained instructor.
- The class sizes are smaller, promising more attention to each student.
- Relax and enjoy this amazing water sport in the Bay of Bengal.
- Serenity Beach
CashKaro has a ton of MakeMyTrip offers using which you can avail cashback. Book your flights through the CashKaro website with MakeMyTrip coupon and save on your trip!
How to Reach Pondicherry
Chennai Airport(125 km away)
Nearest Railway Station:
The Villupuram Railway Junction
Nearest Bus Stop:
There are bus services that connect Pondicherry to Chennai, Trichy, Coimbatore etc
Rent A Car:
You can travel by car from Chennai to Pondicherry. You can absorb Tamil Nadu’s scenic beauty by travelling the east coast road as well savour the region’s delectable local cuisine by taking suitable halts.
Where to Stay
La Villa | Palais De Mahe – CGH Earth | Villa Shanti| Le Dupleix
Avail Discounts On Hotel Bookings Using: Trivago Offers
|Pondicherry To Bangalore Bus|
Other places to explore: