Table of Contents
It is hard to find a balanced hair care routine, given the damage that our hair goes through on a daily basis due to pollution, chemical treatments and the like. There are many benefits of Ayurvedic oils. According to the Ayurveda, applying oil on your hair and massaging it regularly boosts the strength and texture of your hair. It also improves your sleep, calms your mind, gives relief from headaches, prevents premature greying of hair etc.
Moreover, its best if you apply warm oil containing medicinal herbs on your scalp, in order to get maximum benefits.
What Should You Look For In An Ayurvedic Hair Oil?
Given below are some key herbal ingredients to look for in an ayurvedic hair oil:
- Bhringaraja– This key ingredient comes with a unique quality to strengthen the roots of your hair. This herb helps impart colour to your hair, prevent split ends and curb hair fall.
- Amla– It strengthens your hair follicles and reduces the irritation and burning sensation of scalp which occurs due to dryness, infection etc.
- Yastimadhu– This herb helps prevent baldness, greying of hair and hair loss as well.
- Ashwagandha– It is known to pacify your problems like tension, sleeplessness etc. which are some of the reasons of hair loss.
- Bibhitaki– It enhances hair growth and reduces the premature greying of hair.
Benefits Of Ayurvedic Oils For Hair:
As mentioned above, ayurvedic oils have certain key ingredients which help stimulate hair growth and prevent major hair-related issues like itchy scalp etc.
Other benefits include:
- Ayurvedic oils help you get rid of several hair-related problems like dandruff, dead skin, inflammation etc. Check out the benefits of oils for dandruff to know more.
- They provide protection against the harmful effects of the sun, dirt, pollution, besides preventing greying of your hair.
- They combine with the natural oils of your hair to enhance the strength, volume and lustre of your hair.
- They act as a replenishing agent for your dry, damaged hair, by restoring their strength and reducing excessive split-ends.
- They lubricate and condition your scalp, thus fighting dandruff, scalp irritation, dryness etc.
- Last but not the least, an Ayurvedic oil when massaged well into your scalp, is beneficial in treating sleeplessness. You should also read more about the benefits of oils for a oily scalp
When Is The Best Time To Apply Ayurvedic Hair Oil?
It is advisable to apply oil on your scalp in the night so as to increase its benefits for hair growth. It is always better to warm your oil a bit as it helps in better absorption.
If you regularly massage ayurvedic herbs in the form of warmed oils into your scalp and hair, it will stimulate hair growth, condition your hair, and prevent them from damage.
10 Questions About Ayurvedic Oil Answered
Which is the best Ayurvedic oil for hair loss?
Ayurvedic hair oils which have a rich formulation of Amla, Shikakai, Reetha, Bhringraj, Bibhitaki, Ashwagandha etc benefit hair growth. They prevent hair loss and receding lines while aiding the growth of new hair. Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive hair treatment, Khadi Natural Herbal Bhringraj hair oil, and Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic oil are some of the best hair oils that you can try as a cure for hair loss.
Which is the best Ayurvedic oil to thicken the hair? Can it also make the hair grow long?
Indulekha Bhringraj oil, Shahnaz Husain Shalocks Plus Ayurvedic Hair Oil, Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment are some of the best hair oils that can help in thickening hair strands and also giving some volume to hair. Along with the aforementioned hair oils, Kesh King Scalp and Hair Medicine Ayurvedic oil is beneficial in getting long and voluminous tresses.
Which is the best Ayurvedic hair oil to prevent hair fall and to regrow lost hair?
There are many Ayurvedic hair oils in the market that prevent hair fall and stimulate the growth of hair follicles. They also prevent receding lines and help in hair regrowth. Khadi Swati Mauri Shikakai hair oil with Brahmi Amla and Henna, St. Botanica Moroccan Argan hair growth oil and Nature’s Veda Neelibringadi hair oil are a few good hair oils that are very effective in helping regrowth of lost hair.
Is Indulekha Bhringha Ayurvedic oil good for male hair fall?
Indulekha Bhringha Ayurvedic oil can treat hair problems in both men and women. The ayurvedic hair oil is effective in curing male pattern baldness, alopecia, and receding hairlines. It controls hair fall, regrows hair on the balding patches and makes hair thick, strong and shiny.
What is the best Ayurvedic hair oil to increase the volume of the hair and reduce hair fall?
Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment oil, Soulflower Cold pressed Olive Carrier oil, Aroma Magic Stimulate Hair oil and Indus Valley Bio Organic Grow Out hair oil are the best ayurvedic hair oils to get voluminous, thick and healthy hair.
I have been using the Karkuntal Tamil hair oil on my hair for a long time. But it does not seem effective. What are some special Ayurvedic oils for hair fall?
Long term illnesses, thyroid, heredity, stress, weakness, PCOS and other problems directly not pertaining to the scalp or the hair can cause hair loss. Get yourself checked for any physical illness that may be the reason for your hair loss. You can substitute the Karkuntal Tamil hair oil with Indulekha Bhringraj oil, Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment oil or Parachute Ayurvedic hair oil to prevent hair fall.
Can I apply a mixture of castor oil and Parachute Ayurvedic Oil on the hair?
Yes, you can definitely apply a mixture of castor oil and Parachute Ayurvedic oil on the hair to boost hair growth and reduce hair fall. However, since castor oil is a heavy oil make sure that you do not let the oil stay in the hair for a long time.
Can I use Navratna Ayurvedic hair oil to boost hair growth?
Navratan Ayurvedic hair oil is one of the best Ayurvedic hair oils in the market to help you grow and maintain thick and healthy tresses. Navratan Ayurvedic hair oil replenishes all essential vitamins and minerals in the hair and scalp, making the hair thicker, healthier and shinier.
Which are some of the best Ayurvedic hair oils to grow hair faster?
Parachute Ayurvedic oil, Navratan Ayurvedic Hair oil, Indulekha Bhringha Ayurvedic Hair Oil, Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive hair treatment, Khadi Natural Herbal Bhringraj hair oil, and Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic oil are some of the best Ayurvedic hair oils in the market that can help you achieve beautiful long dark tresses.
Is Parachute Ayurvedic oil good for hair?
Parachute Ayurvedic oil replenishes essential vitamins and minerals in the hair and scalp thereby making it healthy and soft. Regular use of parachute Ayurvedic oil locks the cuticles together and makes the hair strands stronger. It prevents hair brittleness and hair thinning while also fostering the growth of thick lustrous mane. It is indeed one of the best products in the market.