Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bactifix?
- 2 Uses of Bactifix
- 3 How does Bactifix work?
- 4 How to use Bactifix?
- 5 Bactifix Usage
- 6 When to Avoid Bactifix?
- 7 Precautions While using Bactifix:
- 8 Side-Effects of Bactifix:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Bactifix Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Bactifix
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Bactifix
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Bactifix?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like Infection of hair follicles (Folliculitis). Irritation at the site of application is the major side effect of Bactifix at repetitive applications. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic history to Bactifix ointment.
Bactifix Composition: Mupirocin 2%w/w.
Manufactured by: Solvis Pharmaceuticals.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription only but it is available as OTC.
Price: Rs.99.00 for tube of 5 gm ointment.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: antibiotic