Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bactifix?
- 2 Uses of Bactifix
- 3 How does Bactifix work?
- 4 How to use Bactifix?
- 5 Bactifix Usage
- 6 When to Avoid Bactifix?
- 7 Precautions While using Bactifix:
- 8 Side-Effects of Bactifix:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Bactifix
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Bactifix
- 9.3 3. Effects of Bactifix on Lab Tests
- 9.4 Q. Can I have alcohol with Bactifix?
- 9.5 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.6 Q. Can I use Bactifix when pregnant?
- 9.7 Q. Can I use Bactifix when feeding a baby?
- 9.8 Q. Can I drive after taking Bactifix?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Bactifix Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Bactifix
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Bactifix
- 12.1 Q. What is Bactifix?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Bactifix?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Bactifix?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Bactifix to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Does Bactifix make you drowsy?
- 12.6 Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Bactifix?
- 12.7 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.8 Q. Does Bactifix effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.9 Q. Is Bactifix safe for children?
- 12.10 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Bactifix?
- 12.11 Q. Is Bactifix legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Bactifix?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like Infection of hair follicles (Folliculitis). Irritation at the site of application is the major side effect of Bactifix at repetitive applications. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic history to Bactifix ointment.
Bactifix Composition: Mupirocin 2%w/w.
Manufactured by: Solvis Pharmaceuticals.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription only but it is available as OTC.
Price: Rs.99.00 for tube of 5 gm ointment.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: antibiotic