Table of Contents
- What is Banocide Forte?
- Uses of Banocide Forte
- How does Banocide Forte work?
- How to take Banocide Forte?
- Common Dosage for Banocide Forte
- Precautions While Taking Banocide Forte:
- Side-Effects of Banocide Forte:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Banocide Forte Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Banocide Forte
- FAQs – 10 Important Answered about Banocide Forte
- Authored By –
1What is Banocide Forte?
It is a medicine which is used to treat parasitic infestations by worms giving rise to conditions like river blindness, toxocariaisis and worm infections. Appetite loss, weakness are the most commonly seen side effects with this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of kidney diseases and pregnant or lactating women.
Banocide Forte Composition: Diethylcarbamazine 100mg
Manufactured By: Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and gel.
Price: Rs. 40.85 for 30 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antihelminthic