Table of Contents
The ability to grow a long, thick and shiny beard has been a symbol of masculinity for a long time. From Greek Gods to hippies on the street, beards look great on men. However, growing a manly beard is not an easy feat.
To aid sad men unable to grow long flowy beards, many companies have created beard oils to help them. People that have used beard oils have only nice things to say about them. So, let’s learn more about what beard oils are and how they benefit beard growth. Also Read:<Benefit of Natural Oils
What is Beard Oil?
Beard oils are cosmetic products that nourish the skin under the beard and the beard itself. They compromise of various oils that allow men to grow long beards and cure common complaints of itching and dryness. Also read: <Benefits of Amla Oil For Your Beard
Price of Beard Oil: Rs 520 for 50ml
Benefits Of Beard Oils
Here are some of the benefits that men can enjoy buy using beard oils:
- Helps beard growth
- Brings out the shine in your beard
- Allows your beard to grow strong and thick
- Moisturizes skin below the beard
- Keeps your beard healthy and soft
- Reduces itching and dryness
- Makes your beard more manageable and easy to style
- Prevents thinning, breaking and forming of split ends
- Assist in regrowth of dead skins
- Fights acne and relieves cracked lips
- Assures you have a fragrant and scented beard
You Should Check Out:Benefits Of Oils For Hair
Beard Oil Ingredients
Beard oils are made of different carrier oils and essential oils.
1. Carrier Oils
Carrier oils carry essential oils to your skin. They are generally cold-pressed vegetable oils that are derived from fatty portions of a plant. Carrier oils are the one that benefit your beard.
- Jojoba Oil – It is extracted from seeds of the jojoba plant. It is absorbed quickly by the body and helps fight acne and aids hair growth
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is native to Morocco and is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree. It sooths razer cuts and makes your beard easier to style
- Grape Seed Oil – It is pressed from the seeds of grapes and is a byproduct of wine production. It is rich in linoleic acid which has anti-inflammatory and moisture-retentive properties
- Almond Oil – Almond oil is produced by cold-pressing dried almonds. It has plenty vitamin E and provides protection from sun and keeps your beard shiny
- Read more: <Benefits of Almond Oil for Beard
- Castor Oil – Castor oil is produced by pressing the seeds of castor oil plant. It is an antioxidant that has several therapeutic and medicinal benefits. Read more: <Benefits of Castor Oil for Beard
- Coconut Oil – It is extracted from the kernel or the meat of matured coconuts. Coconut has numerous benefits for the hair which include moisturizing, conditioning and treating dandruff. Read more: <Benefits of Coconut Oil for Beard
2. Essential Oils
Essential oils are what give plants their characteristic aroma. Hence, essential oils are used in beard oils to give it its aroma
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also considered an astringent (tightens skin).Also read: <Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Beard
- Tea Tree – Tea tree fights acne, relieves itch, and also fights dandruff
- Pinewood – Pinewood’s stimulates blood flow
- Fir Needle – Fir needle is useful as an astringent and immuno-stimulant. Considered a middle note.
- Cedar Wood – Cedar wood relieves itching, fights acne and is anti-infectious
- Sandalwood – Sandalwood relieves itching and is anti-inflammatory
How To Apply Beard Oil?
While there’s nothing overly complicated about how to use beard oil, here’s how you can apply beard oil in 8 simple steps.
Step 1: When you’ve taken a shower and the skin underneath your beard is warm, pat your beard with a towel and leave it damp
Step 2: Put a few (1-3) drops of beard oil in your palm. Once you’ve poured the oil, spread it evenly on your palms and fingers.
Step 3: Work the oil into your skin before spreading it onto your beard. It’s important to get the oil to the roots of your beard to help keep it healthy and strong.
Step 4: Distribute the oil evenly in your beard by applying it across and with the grain. Ensure you apply to your entire beard.
Step 5: Brush your palms along the sides of your beard and then do the same down the front of it.
Step 6: Bring your hands up through the bottom of the beard as you continue to spread your beard oil evenly.
Step 7: Use your fingertips to coat the hairs of your mustache.
Step 8: Last, but not least, comb your beard makes it easier to distribute beard oil evenly.
How Often Should You Use Beard Oil?
The best time to apply beard oil is after a shower or washing your face. This opens your pores and damp hair will better absorb oil. For best results, apply beard oil twice. Preferably once in the morning and then again in the evening.
Side Effects of Beard Oil
Beard oils are mostly made from natural oils that pose no threat to your wellbeing. However, sometimes faults in the production process or certain ingredients can cause some side effects.
- If essential oils in your beard were exposed to light or air before being added to your beard oil, they can become oxidized. This may cause an allergic reaction. Hence, buy only quality products.
- Some beard oils have Citrus oils in them. This oil is photosensitive and may make your more sensitive to sun’s UV light
- Sometimes, companies add synthetic fragrances to their beard oils. This can cause allergies, dry your beard, prevent fast beard growth and result in split ends.
How to Make Beard Oil at Home – Beard Oil Recipe
Here’s a simple beard oil recipe that you can use to make beard oil at home. To start with, you will need
- An amber colored bottle for storage. Essential oils react to light and you need to keep them in the dark.
- A funnel to help you pour the finished oil into the bottle.
5 STEPS TO MAKE BEARD OIL
- Measure 6 teaspoons of extra virgin coconut oil and transfer to the amber bottle.
- Add 5-10 drops (as per preference) of the essential oil of your choice – rosemary, sage or lavender.
- Mix up well all ingredients well.
- Massage the oil mix every night into your beard.
- Wash your beard next morning with a beard shampoo.
Best Beard Oils in India
5 Best Beard Oils available in India are:
- Beardo Beard and Hair Growth Oil – Beardo Beard and Hair Growth Oil is formulated to increase the length of the beard and to enhance the texture and thickness. The oil seeps deeper into the root and makes the hair look shinier and stimulates their growth.
- TruMen Beard Growth Oil– TruMen Beard Hair Growth Oil is a concoction of the natural herbal products which make the beard hair soft and silky.
- Beardo Godfather Lite Beard and Moustache Oil – Made from the amazing ingredients and oils like castor oil, almond oil and vitamin E oil, Beardo Godfather Lite Beard and Moustache Oil also has aloe vera extracts and olive oil. These help in maintaining shiny and nourished beard with no itching.
- Wolf Rejuvenating Beard Growth Oil – Wolf Rejuvenating Beard Growth Oil is 100% natural oil that is made from those naturally occurring oils. It aids in the stimulation of the growth of the facial hair for men like their moustache and beard hair.
- Urban Gabru Beard Oil – Urban Gabru Beard Oil claims to be a mess-free manly beard and moustache hair that would make everyone admire. It is made with the natural ingredients including argon oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, almond oil, orange oil and menthol.
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
Q. Is Beard oil really helpful?
Yes, Beard oils offer plenty of advantages to the users. They help to promote beard growth, keep it soft and healthy, and add shine to the facial hair. The oil also ensures a scented beard and fights acne effectively.
Q. Is it good to use Beard oil for growing a beard?
There is no harm in using a trustworthy Beard oil for growing your facial hair. Due to the presence of carrier oils and essential oils in this formula, Beard oil is extremely beneficial for the improvement and nourishment of the beard.
Q. Does applying Beard oil enhance the growth of beard?
Yes. Beard oil contains carrier oils such as Jojoba oil and other essential oils that are absorbed quickly and help stimulate beard growth.
Q. What is the best beard growth oil in India?
Beardo Beard and Hair Growth Oil, Trumen Beard Growth Oil, and Beardo Godfather Lite Beard and Moustache Oil are some of the renowned Beard oils in India that promote the growth of facial hair.
Q. Why should I use Beard oil?
You can use Beard oil to enhance the look of your beard. Beard oil stimulates hair growth, moisturizes the skin, and keeps your beard soft and healthy.
Q. Is it safe to use Beard oil?
You must use Beard oil of a trustworthy brand so as to avoid any side effects. Beard oils with synthetic fragrances must be avoided to safeguard your skin from allergies and beard from dryness.
Q. Can people without a beard use Beard oil?
Yes, people without a beard can also apply Beard oil and enjoy the numerous benefits that it offers to facial skin. Beard oil acts as a moisturizer, nourishes the skin, and helps in beard growth.
Q. Can Beard oil be applied on hair?
Beard oil can be conveniently used for your head hair as well. The presence of jojoba oil in beard oil makes it possible to apply the formula on your hair. However, you must not apply a hair oil on your beard without strict medical supervision as it may harm your skin and beard.
Buyer’s Guide for Beard Oil
Now that you know all the benefits of natural beard oils, you probably want to buy some. There are numerous choices in the market, some of which aren’t good enough for your beard. Hence, we have tried to include some trustworthy brands and retailers that make and sell beard oils. Have a look.
Retailers That Sell Beard Oil
Most Popular Beard Oil Brands
Price of Beard Oil:
- Rs 248 for 30ml
- Rs 520 for 50ml