Table of Contents
- What is Becosules Capsule?
- Uses of Becosule Capsule
- How does Becosule Capsule work?
- How to take Becosule Capsule?
- Becosule Capsule Common Dosage
- Precautions While Taking Becosule Capsule:
- Warnings When Taking Becosule Capsule
- Effects of Becosules Capsule on Lab Tests
- Buyer’s Guide – Becosule Capsule Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Becosule Capsule
- FAQs – 10 ImportantQuestions Answered about Becosules Capsule
What is Becosules Capsule?
It is basically used to prevent and treat conditions like anemia (various types), and other elemental deficiencies. Gout, Skin, and vision problems are the major side effects seen at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in patients with liver or renal impairment and allergic cases.
- Becosule Capsule Composition: Vitamin B9 1.5mg + Vitamin
- B12 15mcg + Vitamin B3 100mg + Calcium Pantothenate 50mg + Vitamin B6 3mg +
- Vitamin C 150mg + Vitamin B2 10mg + Vitamin B1 10mg +Vitamin B7 100mcg
- Manufactured By: Pfizer Ltd
- Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the
- counter drug)
- Form: Capsules, Syrups and Tablets
- Price: Rs. 34.33 for 20 capsules.
- Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of
- Type of Drug: Multivitamin
Also Read in Hindi: Becosule Capsule in Hindi
Uses of Becosule Capsule
Becosule Capsule is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Pregnancy: Used to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Neuralgia: Used to treat various kind of neuralgia (pain due to nerve damage).
- Calcium deficiency: Used to treat deficient conditions like calcium deficiency.
- Paraesthesia: Used to treat altered sensations (paraesthesia).
- Acne: Used to cure skin conditions like Acne
- Hair fall: Used to treat hair fall and other conditions like graying of hair.
- Oral Conditions: Used to treat oral conditions like Oral ulcers and sore tongue.
- Anaemia: Used to treat different types of anemia like Pernicious (Vitamin B12 deficiency) and Megaloblastic anemia (folic acid deficiency).
- Muscle Cramps: Used to treat muscle cramps.
- CVS diseases: Used to treat patients with cardiovascular diseases.
- GI disorders: Used to treat chronic gastrointestinal disorders.
- Diarrhoea: Used to treat conditions like Diarrhoea.
- Impaired dietary intake: Used in patients with impaired dietary intake like in severe alcoholics and
- Vitamin and zinc deficiency: Used to prevent or treat Vitamin C (scurvy) and zinc deficiency
- Post surgery: Used for recovery after surgery or illness
- Immunity booster: Used as immunity booster as it contains Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C which acts
How does Becosule Capsule work?
Becosule Capsule contains multiple vitamins as its active ingredient.
B complex and vitamin C acts as a cofactor of various enzymes in the body which helps to regulate fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism and also helps in other processes of body like wound healing and contributes to gingival (gums) health,
Capsule helps the body by providing an adequate amount of vitamins needed by the body, especially in cases of vitamin deficient conditions.
How to take Becosule Capsule?
- Becosule Capsule is present in the form of tablets.
- Becosule Capsule tablet can be taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably after food for better drug absorption.
- Avoid consuming Becosule Capsule empty stomach unless advised by the doctor as it may lead to stomach distress.
- Becosule Capsule tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug
to have a better understanding of the drug.
Becosule Capsule Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Becosule Capsule tablet is a single capsule a day or single capsule twice a day depending on the condition being treated or as
prescribed by the physician.
- Equally spaced time interval should be maintained between two doses of the drug.
- Dose alteration and prolonged use should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose as it is usually not recommended for children.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Becosule Capsule?
Becosule Capsule should be consumed strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Dose alteration and overdose can lead to increased risk of side effects. Incase of any symptoms of overdose, immediate medical help should be taken.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Becosule Capsule?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead
to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Becosule Capsule?
Expired Becosule Capsule might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug. Always check the expiry date of the drug before consuming it.
Q. Onset time of Becosule Capsule?
One may start to feel recovered within a few days of treatment.
Q. Till when does the effect of Becosule Capsule stays?
Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient. One should consult the doctor in case of no relief from symptoms even after consuming the drug properly
When to Avoid Becosule Capsule?
Do not Consume Becosule Capsule if:
- Allergy: In cases of patient allergic to the drug or its component.
- Liver impairment: In cases of liver impairment or disease.
- Kidney Disease: In cases of moderate to severe renal impairment or disease.
- Intolerance: In cases of patients with intolerance towards the drug.
Precautions While Taking Becosule Capsule:
- Time interval: Always maintain equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Pregnancy: Try to avoid or use extra caution while using the drug in pregnant women as it is not considered safe for pregnant women.
- Lactating mothers: Extra caution should be used in cases of lactating mothers.
Warnings When Taking Becosule Capsule
- The doctor should always be notified in cases of allergy to Becosule Capsule.
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in cases of liver and kidney impairment.
- Becosule capsule may lead to false-positive report of sugar via urine test through Benedict’s method.
Side-Effects of Becosule Capsule:
- The side effects associated with Becosule Capsule are:
- Excessive thirst (common)
- Headache (common)
- Vision problem (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Urine discoloration (common)
- Skin problems (less common)
- Dryness of hair (common)
- Liver complications (rare)
- High blood sugar (common)
- Gout (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Becosule Capsule?
Becosule Capsule is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat. In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Becosule Capsule on organs?
Becosule Capsule can affect liver and kidney functions.
- It is advisable to use Becosule Capsule with caution in cases of patients with liver and kidney impairment.
- Dose modification may be required in such cases.
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Becosule Capsule. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Becosule Capsule. We explore these details below.
1. Food Interactions with Becosules Capsule
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Becosules Capsule
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Aminophylline (mild)
- Arsenic trioxide (moderate)
Effects of Becosules Capsule on Lab Tests
- Becosule Capsule does give the false positive report of urine glucose levels when done via Benedict’s test. Therefore, some other test method should be used.
- Becosules Capsule’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Any Liver or kidney diseases or allergic reaction.
Q. Can I have Becosule Capsule with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Becosule Capsule may cause interrupted uptake of Vitamin B12. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Becosule Capsule.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Becosule Capsule when pregnant?
No, Becosule Capsule during pregnancy should be avoided unless advised by the doctor in cases of increased nutritional demand during pregnancy. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Becosule Capsule when feeding a baby?
Yes, lactating mothers can consume Becosule Capsule but extra caution is advised. The doctor should always be informed in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Becosule Capsule?
Becosule Capsule may cause low blood pressure and headache in a few cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any of these symptoms appear after taking Becosule Capsule.
Buyer’s Guide – Becosule Capsule Composition, Variant and Price
Capsule Price (Rs.)
|Becosule 120ml Syrup||Ascorbic Acid 75mg + D-Panthenol 6mg + Niacinamide 20mg +|
Pyridoxine 2mg + Riboflavine 2.5mg + Thiamine 2mg
|Rs. 27.73 for 1 pack.|
|Becosules Women Capsule||Calcium panthothenate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B1, Folic|
acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6
|Rs. 167.00 for 15 capsules|
|Becosules Performance Capsule||Amino Acid, 6 Natural Extract,13 Essential Vitamins, 17|
|Rs. 138.50 for 15 capsules|
Substitutes of Becosule Capsule
The following are alternative drugs for Becosule Capsule:
1. Zevit Capsule 30’s:
Manufactured by GSK Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Manufactured by GSK Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
3. Cobadex Zinc Syrup:
- Manufactured by GSK Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Storage requirements for Becosule Capsule
- Store the Becosule Capsule tablet at room temperature away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important
Questions Answered about Becosules Capsule
Q. What is Becosule Capsule?
Ans. Becosule Capsule is a multiple component drug that contains multiple vitamins as its main active ingredient. Becosule Capsule is a synthetic form of vitamins that help to replenish the required nutritional demand of the body.
Q. What are the uses of Becosules Capsule?
Ans. Becosule Capsule is a synthetic form of vitamins that help to replenish the required nutritional demand of the body.
Q. What are the side effects of Becosules Capsule?
Ans. The most common side effects of Becosules Capsule are Excessive thirst, Headache, Vision problem, Rashes, Urine discolouration, Skin problem
Q. How long does it take for Becosule Capsule to show results?
Ans. The effects of Becosule Capsule can be seen within a few days of starting drug therapy.
Q. Should Becosule Capsule be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Becosule Capsule shows the best result when consumed after the meal but it can be taken without food also but it should be avoided in cases of stomach problems.
Q. Does Becosule Capsule make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Becosule Capsule does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Becosule Capsule doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 8-10 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Becosule Capsule should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle
of Becosule Capsule.
Q. Does Becosule Capsule affect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Becosule Capsule safe for children?
Ans. Becosule Capsule should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Becosule Capsule?
Ans. Any allergic reactions, liver, and kidney impairments are to be taken into consideration before taking Becosule Capsule.
Q. Is Becosule Capsule legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
You can purchase Becosules Capsule from below stores and earn CashKaro Cashback: