Table of Contents
- What is Becovit Forte?
- Uses of Becovit Forte
- How does Becovit Forte work?
- How to take Becovit Forte?
- Common Dosage for Becovit Forte
- When to Avoid Becovit Forte?
- Precautions While Taking Becovit Forte
- Side-Effects of Becovit Forte:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Becovit Forte Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Becovit Forte
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Becovit Forte
- Authored by –
1What is Becovit Forte?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions where there is an increased requirement of vitamins and minerals like in cases of anemia. Heartburn and liver complications are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver impairment patients and peptic ulcer cases.
Becovit Forte Composition: Vitamin B complex + Vitamin C
Manufactured by: Cipla Ltd
Prescription: Not Required (Available as OTC)
Form: Capsule, Tablets, and Syrup.
Price: Rs 15.00 for 10 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin
2Uses of Becovit Forte
Becovit Forte serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Ulcers and Sore Tongue: Used to treat oral ulcers and Sore tongue due to deficiency of vitamins.
- Hair problems: Used to treat hair fall and greying of hair by providing adequate amount of nourishment to the hair follicles and also treat weak nails.
- Anaemia: Used to treat various types of Anemia like Pernicious anemia (deficiency of vitamin B12), Megaloblastic anemia (deficiency of folic acid) etc.
- Vitamin and Mineral deficiency: Used to treat conditions arising from vitamin and mineral deficiency like Scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) and calcium deficiency and promotes wound healing by providing adequate amount of calcium.
- Nerve disease: Used to treat nerve diseases like Neuralgia (pain due to nerve damage) and Parasthesia (altered taste sensation).
- Poor dietary intake: Used to treat poor dietary intake in cases of chronic alcoholics or elderly patients.
- Post surgical cases: Used in patients with post surgical recovery. Eg, in diabetic patients.
- Pregnancy: Used in cases of pregnancy to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body.
- Cholesterol problems: Used to treat high cholesterol levels.
- Others: Used in cases to treat Diarrhoea, muscle cramps and chronic gastrointestinal disorders.
Read About: Asthalin Syrup Uses
3How does Becovit Forte work?
- Becovit forte works by providing the essential nutrients to the body in an appropriate amount.
- Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C deficiency can lead to various diseases like delayed wound healing and making the body more prone to infections.
- It works by providing the body with Vitamin C which acts an antioxidant, immune system booster that may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer, enables the body to make white blood cells to fight infections and is needed to synthesize and use certain amino acids and collagen that helps in wound healing
- Biotin of Becovit forte is a water-soluble vitamin that’s a part of the vitamin B family. It helps the body to convert certain nutrients into energy and also plays an important role in the health of hair, skin, and nails.
- Vitamin B12 helps to keep the nerve and blood cells healthy and helps DNA synthesis in all cells. It also helps to prevent megaloblastic anaemia that makes people tired and weak.
4How to take Becovit Forte?
- Becovit forte is available as capsules mainly.
- Take the capsule orally with water with or without a meal, preferably with the meal to prevent any potential gastric irritation.
- Do not chew or crush the capsule, instead swallow it as a whole.
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Becovit Forte
- Becovit Forte dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Adult dose: One capsule daily or twice a day in some cases as advised by the physician depending on the severity of the condition
- Children: Not advised for children, Paediatric consultation is advised.
- Drug should be consumed at equal intervals, so that the appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Becovit Forte?
Becovit Forte should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Becovit Forte?
Becovit Forte should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Becovit Forte?
Expired Becovit Forte may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming the expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Becovit Forte and till when does the effect of Becovit Forte stay?
- The patient may start to feel recovered within 5-7 days of the Becovit forte therapy.
- The dose and duration of drug as advised by the doctor, should be followed strictly for the complete cessation of all the symptoms
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Read About: Aptimust Syrup Dosage | Cetrifos Tablet Dosage
6When to Avoid Becovit Forte?
Do not Consume Becovit Forte if:
- Liver disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe Liver dysfunction or diseases, Becovit Forte should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Becovit Forte or any of its ingredients.
- Peptic Ulcer: In cases of patients with peptic ulcer, it should be avoided.
- Cardiac arrhythmias: In cases of patients with cardiac arrhythmias, it should be avoided.
7Precautions While Taking Becovit Forte
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Becovit Forte should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Concomitant products: Do not mix it with other nutritional supplements.
Warnings When Taking Becovit Forte
- Becovit forte prescribed with antibiotics to counteract their side effects like oral ulcers, diarrhoea etc.
- Do not alter the dose without medical advise
Know More: Apitat Syrup Precaution | Adialka Syrup Precaution
8Side-Effects of Becovit Forte:
The side effects associated with Becovit Forte are:
- Headache (Common)
- Nausea (Common)
- Weakness (Common)
- Dizziness (Common)
- Cramps ( less Common)
- Heart burn ( less Common)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
- Blurred Vision ( less Common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Becovit Forte?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Becovit Forte are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
What are the effects of Becovit Forte on organs?
Becovit Forte should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Becovit Forte. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Becovit Forte. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Becovit forte
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Becovit forte
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild): alcohol can lead to delayed absorption of vitamin B12
- Abacavir (mild)
- Arsenic trioxide (mild)
- Amiodarone (moderate)
- Anti-Diabetic Drug (mild)
3. Effects of Becovit forte on Lab Tests
Becovit Forte doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any moderate to severe Liver and peptic ulcer.
Q. Can I have Becovit Forte with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Becovit forte as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Becovit Forte.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Becovit Forte when pregnant?
Becovit Forte should only be administered when absolutely necessary during pregnancy and the benefits outweigh the risk. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Becovit Forte when feeding a baby?
Becovit forte can be used in case of lactating mothers as no adverse effects of its constituents on foetus is seen yet but it is advisable to inform your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Becovit Forte?
Yes, Becovit Forte does not affect the ability to drive but some patients might experience dizziness or drowsiness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
10Buyer’s Guide – Becovit Forte Composition, Variant and Price
|Becovit Forte Variants||Becovit Forte Composition||Becovit Forte Price|
|Becovit Z 200ml Syrup||Copper sulphate + elemental zinc + iodine + L-lysine + Vitamin A + Vitamin B1 + vitamin B12 + Vitamin B2 + Vitamin B3 + vitamin B5 + Vitamin B6 + Vitamin D3 + Vitamin E||Rs. 89.00 for 1 pack|
|Becovit AX capsules||Ascorbic Acid + Biotin + calcium Pentothenate + Elemental chromium + elemental copper + elemental manganese + elemental selenium + elemental zinc + folic acid + L-glutamic acid + magnesium oxide +methionine + Methylcobalamin + niacinamide + pyridoxine + riboflavin + thiamine mononitrate + vitamin A + Vitamin D3 + Vitamin E||Rs. 43.00 for 10 capsules.|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% off: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Myra Medicines Coupon Code
11Substitutes of Becovit Forte
The following are alternative drugs for Becovit Forte:
- Havital tablet:
- Manufactured by – Care Benzorganics.
- Price – Rs. 109
- Ritalvit tablet:
- Manufactured by – MHS Pharmaceuticals.
- Price – Rs. 40
- Vitacad tablet:
- Manufactured by – Primus Remedies Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 50
Storage requirements for Becovit Forte
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Becovit Forte
Q. What is Becovit Forte?
Ans. Becovit forte is Multivitamin (nutritional formulation) for enriching the body artificially with all the essential nutrients in an efficient way. It is used in cases where there is an increased requirement of its constituent vitamins and minerals.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Becovit Forte to show results?
Ans. Becovit Forte starts to show its effect within first few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Becovit Forte be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Becovit Forte should preferably be taken after meals and not on an empty stomach as it helps quick drug absorption and better results.
Q. Does Becovit Forte make you drowsy?
Ans. Becovit Forte may cause drowsiness in a few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Becovit Forte doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Becovit Forte toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Becovit Forte should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Becovit Forte.
Q. Does Becovit Forte effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Becovit Forte safe for children?
Ans. Becovit Forte is not advisable to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Becovit Forte?
Ans. Any liver disorder, peptic ulcer or cardiac arrhythmias are to be taken into consideration before taking Becovit Forte.
Q. Is Becovit Forte legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored by –