Table of Contents
- 1 What is Becozinc?
- 2 Uses of Becozinc Capsule
- 3 How does Becozinc Capsule work?
- 4 How to take Becozinc Capsule?
- 5 Becozinc Capsule Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Becozinc Capsule?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Becozinc Capsule:
- 8 Side-Effects of Becozinc Capsule:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Becozinc Capsule Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Becozinc Capsule
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Becozinc
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Becozinc?
It is basically usedo prevent and treat conditions like anemia (various types), and other elemental deficiencies.Acidic Urine and Abdominal pain are the common side effects seen at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in patients with renal impairment, allergic cases and Leber’s disease.
Becozinc Capsule Composition: Vitamin B2 10mg + Vitamin B12 15mcg + Vitamin B10 100mg + Calcium Pantothenate 12.5mg + Vitamin B6 3mg +
Vitamin C 150mg + Vitamin B1 10mg + Folic Acid 1mg + Niacinamide 50mg + Zinc Sulphate 54.93mg
Manufactured By: Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
Prescription: Required but it is also available as OTC (over the counter drug)
Form: Capsules and Syrups.
Price: Rs. 26 for 20 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin
2Uses of Becozinc Capsule
Becozinc Capsule is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Pregnancy: Used to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Neuropathy: Used to treat various kinds of neuropathies (diabetic neuropathy).
- Calcium deficiency: Used to treat deficient conditions like calcium deficiency.
- Infections: Used to cure skin infections
- Hair fall: Used to treat hair fall and other conditions like graying of hair and alopecia.
- Anaemia: Used to treat different types of anemia like Pernicious (Vitamin B12 deficiency) and Megaloblastic anemia (folic acid deficiency).
- Mental Problems: Used to treat and manage mental problems.
- Wound healing: Used to fasten and promote the process of wound healing.
- Vitamin and zinc deficiency: Used to prevent or treat Vitamin C (scurvy) and zinc deficiency
- Immunity booster: Used as immunity booster as it contains Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C which acts as antioxidant.
Read more: Ciplactin Uses
3How does Becozinc Capsule work?
- Becozinc Capsule contains multiple vitamins as its active ingredient.
- Vitamin B complex and vitamin C acts as a cofactor of various enzymes in the body which helps to regulate fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism and also helps in other processes of body like wound healing and contributes to gingival (gums) health,
- Vitamin B12 also helps to raise the low Hemoglobin level as they act on the bone marrow to produce more blood cells.
- Becozinc Capsule helps the body by providing the adequate amount of vitamins needed by the body, especially in cases of vitamin deficient conditions.
4How to take Becozinc Capsule?
- Becozinc is available in the form of capsules and syrup.
- Becozinc Capsule can be taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably after food for better drug absorption.
- Avoid consuming Becozinc Capsule empty stomach unless advised by the doctor as it may lead to stomach distress.
- Becozinc Capsule tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Read more: Betavert Composition
5Becozinc Capsule Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Becozinc Capsule tablet is a single capsule a day or single capsule twice a day depending on the condition being treated or as prescribed by the physician.
- Equally spaced time interval should be maintained between two doses of the drug.
- Dose alteration and prolonged use should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose as it is usually not recommended for children.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Becozinc Capsule?
Becozinc Capsule should be consumed strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Dose alteration and overdose can lead to increased risk of side effects. In case of any symptoms of overdose, immediate medical help should be taken.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Becozinc Capsule?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Becozinc Capsule?
Expired Becozinc Capsule might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug. Always check the expiry date of the drug before consuming it.
Q. Onset time of Becozinc Capsule?
One may start to feel recovered within 2-7 days of starting the treatment.
Q. Till when does the effect of Becozinc Capsule stays?
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
- One should consult the doctor in case of no relief from symptoms even after consuming the drug properly
Also read: Claz Dosage | Axura Dosage
6When to Avoid Becozinc Capsule?
Do not Consume Becozinc Capsule if:
- Allergy: In cases of patient allergic to the drug or its component.
- Stomach ulcer: In cases of patients with gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer).
- Kidney Disease: In cases of patients with renal impairment or disease.
- Leber’s disease: In cases of patients with hereditary optic neuropathy (Leber’s disease).
Know more: Proctosedyl Precaution
7Precautions While Taking Becozinc Capsule:
- Time interval: Always maintain equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Empty stomach: Do not consume the drug empty stomach as it may cause gastric irritation.
Warnings When Taking Becozinc Capsule
- The doctor should always be notified in cases of allergy to Becozinc Capsule.
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in cases of kidney impairment.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid side effects of the drug.
8Side-Effects of Becozinc Capsule:
The side effects associated with Becozinc Capsule are:
- Dairrhoea (common)
- Drowsiness (common)
- Gastric ulcers (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Skin numbness (less common)
- Oxaluria (oxalic acid excretion in urine) (common)
- Renal calculi (Kidney stones) (less common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Headache (common)
- Rashes (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Becozinc Capsule?
- Becozinc Capsule is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, dry mouth.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Becozinc Capsule on organs?
- Becozinc Capsule can affect kidney as prolonged use of this drug can lead to formation of renal calculi (kidney stones).
- It is advisable to use Becozinc Capsule with caution in cases of patients with gastric problems as this drug may worsen the condition.
- Dose modification may be required in such cases.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Becozinc Capsule. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Becozinc Capsule. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Becozinc
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Becozinc
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Amiodarone (mild)
- Anti-diabetic drugs (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (mild)
- Atorvastatin (moderate)
- Barbiturates (mild)
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
- Chloramphenicol (mild)
- Allopurinol (mild)
3. Effects of Becozinc on Lab Tests
Becozinc Capsule does affect the lab tests as such.
4. Becozinc’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any kidney diseases or allergic reaction.
Q. Can I have Becozinc Capsule with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Becozinc Capsule may cause interrupted uptake of Vitamin B12. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Becozinc Capsule.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Becozinc Capsule when pregnant?
No, Becozinc Capsule during pregnancy should be avoided unless advised by the doctor in cases of increased nutritional demand during pregnancy. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Becozinc Capsule when feeding a baby?
No, lactating mothers should avoid Becozinc Capsule unless needed necessarily but extra caution is advised. The doctor should always be informed in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Becozinc Capsule?
Becozinc Capsule may cause drowsiness in few cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any of these symptoms appears after taking Becozinc Capsule.
10Buyer’s Guide – Becozinc Capsule Composition, Variant and Price
|Becozinc Z Capsule||Bitoin 30mcg + Choline 25mg + Elemental copper 2mg + elemental iron 10mg + elemental zinc 11mg + folic acid 50mcg + L-glutamic acid 20mg + L-lysine 19.6mg + Levocartinine 5mg + Methionine 22mg + Niacinamide 15mg + Vitamin B12 0.5mcg + Vitamin B1 1mg + Vitamin B6 0.5mg + Vitamin C 25mg + Vitamin D3 200IU + Vitamin E 10IU + Vitamin K 55mcg + Vitamin A 1600IU.||Rs. 89.00 for 10 capsules|
|Becozinc Syrup||Vitamin B2 10mg + Vitamin B12 15mcg + Vitamin B10 100mg + Calcium Pantothenate 12.5mg + Vitamin B6 3mg + Vitamin C 150mg + Vitamin B1 10mg + Folic Acid 1mg + Niacinamide 50mg + Zinc Sulphate 54.93mg||Rs. 25.40 for 1 pack|
Check Out: Netmeds Offers | Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
11Substitutes of Becozinc Capsule
The following are alternative drugs for Becozinc Capsule:
- Megavital Capsule:
- Manufactured by Winmark Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 140
- Baraplex Forte Capsule:
- Manufactured by Anglo French Drugs & Industries Ltd.
- Beplex LZ Capsule:
- Manufactured by Anglo French Drugs & Industries Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 59.29
Storage requirements for Becozinc Capsule
- Store the Becozinc Capsule tablet at room temperature away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Becozinc
Q. What is Becozinc Capsule?
Ans. Becozinc Capsule is a multiple component drug that contains multiple vitamins as its main active ingredient. Becozinc Capsule is synthetic form of vitamins that help to replenish the required nutritional demand of the body.
Q. What are the uses of Becozinc?
Ans. Becozinc works for Pregnancy, Neuropathy, Calcium deficiency, Infections, Hair fall, Anaemia, Mental Problems, Wound healing
Q. What are the side effects of Becozinc?
Ans. The most common side effects of Becozinc are Dairrhoea, Drowsiness, Gastric ulcers, Nausea, Skin numbness, Oxaluria (oxalic acid excretion in urine), Renal calculi (Kidney stones, Vomiting
Q. How long does it take for Becozinc Capsule to show results?
Ans. The effects of Becozinc Capsule can be seen within few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Becozinc Capsule be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Becozinc Capsule shows best result when consumed after meal but it can be taken without food also but it should be avoided in cases of stomach problems.
Q. Does Becozinc Capsule make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Becozinc Capsule does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Becozinc Capsule doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 8-10 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Becozinc Capsule should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Becozinc Capsule.
Q. Does Becozinc Capsule effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Becozinc Capsule safe for children?
Ans. Becozinc Capsule should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Becozinc Capsule?
Ans. Any allergic reactions and kidney impairments are to be taken into consideration before taking Becozinc Capsule.
Q. Is Becozinc Capsule legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.