Table of Contents
- What is Bendex?
- Uses of Bendex
- Bendex Composition
- How does Bendex work?
- Bendex Prices in India
- How to take Bendex
- Common Dosage of Bendex
- When to avoid Bendex & precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Bendex
- Effect on organs
- Reported allergic reactions
- Drug interactions to be careful about
- Shows effects
- Storage requirements for Bendex
- Pro tips when taking Bendex
- Is Bendex addictive?
- Can I have Bendex with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Bendex when pregnant?
- Can I have Bendex when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Bendex?
- What happens if I overdose on Bendex?
- What happens if I eat expired Bendex?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Bendex?
- Similar Reads
What is Bendex?
- Bendex is an anthelmintic drug used in the prevention and treatment of parasitic infections caused by tapeworms, pinworms and hookworms.
Save using: Myra Medicines Promo Code | 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Bendex
It is prescribed for:
- Hydatid Disease
- Cutaneous Larva Migrans
Know more: Cortisol Uses
Read more: Adecon Composition
How does Bendex work?
- Bendex binds to a specific site of β-tubulin inhibiting their polymerization into microtubules.
- This leads to a decrease in microtubules in the intestinal cells of the parasites which further decreases their absorptive function, especially the uptake of glucose by the adult and larval forms of the parasites.
- Insufficient glucose results in insufficient energy for the production of ATP and the parasite eventually dies.
Bendex Prices in India
|Specifics||Bendex Price in India|
|Bedex 200mg Suspension||Rs. 16.77|
|Bendex 400 Tablet||Rs.10.25|
|Bendex 400mg Syrup||Rs.23.57|
How to take Bendex
- Bendex is administered orally in the form of a tablet.
Common Dosage of Bendex
- In both adults and children over 2 years of age, 400 mg of Bendex is given as a single dose.
- The usual dose in children between 1 and 2 years of age is 200 mg as a single dose.
Read more: Argipreg Dosage
When to avoid Bendex & precautions to take?
- Avoid Bendex if you are allergic to it or to other components present in it.
- Bendex may alter the functionality of bone marrow resulting in a decreased count of white blood cells.
- Bendex should be used with caution in patients with liver diseases and in patients with a history of eye diseases such as retinal lesions.
- Bendex may cause neurological effects when the medicine is used to treat Neurocysticercosis. Do not perform any activity that requires high mental alertness.
Read more: Azro Precaution | Adcal Precaution
Side Effects of Bendex
- Dark urine
- Temporary Hair Loss
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Unusual tiredness
Read more: Betnelan Side Effects
Effect on organs
- Haematological reactions- Aplastic anaemia, bone marrow suppression, neutropenia.
- Ocular reactions- Vision blurred.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Diarrhea.
- Hepatobiliary reactions- Elevations of hepatic enzymes, hepatitis, acute liver failure.
- Nervous system reactions- Somnolence, convulsion.
- Dermatological reactions- Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Reported allergic reactions
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
Drug interactions to be careful about
- Bendex disrupts vital functions in the parasite’s body. This results in draining the parasite’s energy, eventually killing it.
- Bendex remains active in the body up to 9 hours after administration.
Storage requirements for Bendex
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at 20° to 25°C temperature.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro tips when taking Bendex
- Bendex should be taken along with food to maximize the availability in the body.
Is Bendex addictive?
Can I have Bendex with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Avoid grapefruit juice.
Can I have Bendex when pregnant?
Can I have Bendex when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Bendex?
What happens if I overdose on Bendex?
- An overdose of Bendex may cause diarrhoea, vomiting, tachycardia and respiratory distress.
What happens if I eat expired Bendex?
- An expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Bendex?
- If you miss a dose of Bendex, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.