Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bendex?
- 2 Uses of Bendex
- 3 How does Bendex work?
- 4 Bendex Prices in India
- 5 How to take Bendex
- 6 Common Dosage of Bendex
- 7 When to avoid Bendex & precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Bendex
- 9 Effect on organs
- 10 Reported allergic reactions
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage requirements for Bendex
- 14 Pro tips when taking Bendex
- 15 FAQs
- 16 Is Bendex addictive?
- 17 Can I have Bendex with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Bendex when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Bendex when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Bendex?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Bendex?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Bendex?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Bendex?
- 25 Similar Reads
Bendex Composition – Albendazole 400 MG
Manufactured By – Systemic Healthcare
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 114
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Bendex?
Bendex is an anthelmintic drug used in the prevention and treatment of parasitic infections caused by tapeworms, pinworms and hookworms.
Checkout Exciting Offers & Coupons: 1mg | Practo | Netmeds Coupons
Uses of Bendex
It is prescribed for:
- Hydatid Disease
- Cutaneous Larva Migrans
Read About: Buscopan Uses
How does Bendex work?
- Bendex binds to a specific site of β-tubulin inhibiting their polymerization into microtubules.
- This leads to decrease in microtubules in the intestinal cells of the parasites which further decreases their absorptive function, especially the uptake of glucose by the adult and larval forms of the parasites.
- Insufficient glucose results in insufficient energy for the production of ATP and the parasite eventually dies.
Bendex Prices in India
|Specifics||Bendex Price in India|
|Bedex 200mg Suspension||Rs. 16.77|
|Bendex 400 Tablet||Rs.10.25|
|Bendex 400mg Syrup||Rs.23.57|
Read About: Bendex Price
How to take Bendex
Bendex is administered orally in the form of tablet.
Common Dosage of Bendex
- In both adults and children over 2 years of age, 400 mg of Bendex is given as a single dose.
- The usual dose in children between 1 and 2 years of age is 200 mg as a single dose.
Know About: Buscopan Dosage | Captopril Dosage
When to avoid Bendex & precautions to take?
- Avoid Bendex if you are allergic to it or to other components present in it.
- Bendex may alter the functionality of bone marrow resulting in a decreased count of white blood cells.
- Bendex should be used with caution in patients with liver diseases and in patients with a history of eye diseases such as retinal lesions.
- Bendex may cause neurological effects when the medicine is used to treat Neurocysticercosis. Do not perform any activity that require high mental alertness.
Side Effects of Bendex
- Dark urine
- Temporary Hair Loss
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Unusual tiredness
Also Know: Champix Side Effects
Effect on organs
- Hematological reactions- Aplastic anemia, bone marrow suppression, neutropenia.
- Ocular reactions- Vision blurred.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Diarrhea.
- Hepatobiliary reactions- Elevations of hepatic enzymes, hepatitis, acute liver failure.
- Nervous system reactions- Somnolence, convulsion.
- Dermatological reactions- Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Reported allergic reactions
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
Drug interactions to be careful about
- Bendex disrupts vital functions in the parasite’s body. This results in draining the parasite’s energy, eventually killing it.
- Bendex remains active in the body up to 9 hours after administration.
Storage requirements for Bendex
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at 20° to 25°C temperature.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro tips when taking Bendex
Bendex should be taken along with food to maximize the availability in the body.
Is Bendex addictive?
Can I have Bendex with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit juice.
Can I have Bendex when pregnant?
Can I have Bendex when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Bendex?
What happens if I overdose on Bendex?
Overdose of Bendex may cause diarrhea, vomiting, tachycardia and respiratory distress.
What happens if I eat expired Bendex?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Bendex?
If you miss a dose of Bendex, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.