Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Almonds For Skin
- 2 1. Prevents Ageing Of Your Skin
- 3 2. Reduces Melanin Production In Your Skin
- 4 3. Provides a Healthy Glow to Your Skin
- 5 4. Cures Skin Disorders like Rosacea and Psoriasis
- 6 5. Keeps your Skin Moisturized
- 7 6. Reduces Inflammation of Your Skin
- 8 Important Questions About Almond Answered
What are Almonds?
Almonds are oval-shaped nuts that contain essential vitamins and minerals. They are a native to India, North Africa and the Middle East. The nuts are found in a hard-woody shell that are consumed as food all around the world. Almonds are buttery in taste that can be garnished or added to any dish.
There are many amazing benefits of eating almonds. Below are top benefits of almonds for skin and its nutritional characteristics.
Nutritional Characteristics of Almonds
- They are rich in Vitamin (E, B-6, B-12)
- It contains minerals like phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, etc
- Has anti-oxidant properties
- It contains fatty acids (Omega-6 and Omega-3)
- Possess anti-inflammatory properties
- Is a natural moisturizer
Benefits of Almonds For Skin
1. Prevents Ageing Of Your Skin
Almonds have anti-oxidative properties that fights cell damage caused due to free radicals. It prevents wrinkles and delays premature signs of ageing. According to Dr. Karen Gill, the University of California, consumption of almonds a regular basis boosts vitamin E levels in your body. Take 4-5 soaked almonds early in the morning for best results.
2. Reduces Melanin Production In Your Skin
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which reduces the production of melanin in your skin. It also lightens your skin complexion and helps remove dark spots. Almonds can be crushed into any face masks that act as a natural scrubber to remove impurities from your skin.
3. Provides a Healthy Glow to Your Skin
Almonds purify your skin from impurities and provide essential vitamins to your skin. It improves your skin complexion as it provides a healthy glow to your skin. Add 2-3 almonds in milk and apply it on your face as a mask. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off thoroughly.
4. Cures Skin Disorders like Rosacea and Psoriasis
Almonds have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation from your skin. Apply 2-3 crushed almonds mixed with a carrier oil on the affected areas of your skin.
5. Keeps your Skin Moisturized
Almonds are a natural moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated naturally for long hours. Crush 2-3 almonds in your face mask and mix it well. Apply this paste on your skin twice a week to remove dryness from your skin. It is best suited for people with extremely dry skin.
6. Reduces Inflammation of Your Skin
Almonds have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation from your skin. It treats skin disorders and other skin ailments effectively. You can have soaked (overnight) 4-5 almonds early in the morning for best results. Also, you can apply to your effected areas by mixing it with a carrier oil or face masks.
How To Use Almonds
- Spread 4–5 almonds on your toast for a healthy morning breakfast
- Sprinkle 5–6 crushed almonds on your cereals or salads
- You can also eat 4–5 raw almonds in your breakfast, lunch or dinner (preferably two times)
- Add 4–5 almonds in your plain yoghurt
- Add almonds to your fruit salad for a power snack
- Add almonds to your chicken dish
Dosage: How Much To Take?
You can have 4-5 almonds (twice a day) to remove all your skin problems.
Side Effects and Precautions
Almonds are 100% natural and they do not cause any side effects. However, if you consume a lot of almonds in a day (more than 10–12) can cause gastric problems as almonds are rich in fiber content.
Important Questions About Almond Answered
What are the benefits of eating almonds daily for skin?
Almonds have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, offering a multitude of benefits. It is rich in vitamins like E, B-6 and B-12 and minerals like calcium, phosphorous and magnesium that prevents skin ageing, reduces melanin production, provides a healthy glow to your skin and keeps your skin moisturized.
What happens if we eat almonds with skin?
Almonds if eaten with skin can aggravate heat, disrupt metabolism and its transformation throughout the body. It is advised to eat almonds soaked overnight and peeled off skin in the morning.
How many Almonds should you have in a day?
You can have 8-10 soaked almonds in a day to keep you healthy.
Is it better to eat almonds with skin or without skin?
It is better to eat almonds without its skin as peeled almonds provide a number of health benefits to health, skin and hair.
Can Almonds be eaten with skin?
Yes, you can eat almonds with skin as it also contains large amount of nutrients that are essential for the body.
Where To Buy Almonds?
You can buy 100% pure almonds from these websites and save money by using: