Table of Contents
- 1 What is Apricot?
- 2 Nutritional Characteristics of Apricot
- 3 6 Amazing Benefits of Apricot
- 4 1. Good For Your Heart
- 5 2. Purifies Blood
- 6 3. Makes Your Skin Radiant
- 7 4. Strengthens Bones
- 8 5. Improves Digestive System
- 9 6. Boosts Immune System
- 10 How To Use Apricot
- 11 Dosage: How Much Should You take?
- 12 Side Effects of Apricot and it’s Precautions
- 13 Important Questions About Apricots Answered
- 13.1 What are the benefits of Apricots?
- 13.2 What are Apricots abundant in?
- 13.3 Is Apricot good for weight loss?
- 13.4 Are Apricots good for skin?
- 13.5 How many apricots should you eat in a day?
- 13.6 Can I eat Apricot Skin?
- 13.7 What happens when you eat too many Apricots?
- 13.8 Are Apricots fattening?
- 13.9 Is Apricot recommended for high blood pressure?
- 13.10 Can you die from eating Apricot seeds?
- 13.11 Is Apricot good for diabetes?
- 13.12 Are Apricots good for constipation?
- 14 Where To Buy Apricots?
What is Apricot?
Apricot is a small tree (8-12 m) and it bears a fruit which is a drupe. This drupe is also known as Apricot that has a color similar to that of a peach. Apricot grows in a tropical continental climate or Mediterranean regions where there is a winter season cold enough. It has a sweet or a tartaric taste.
Nutritional Characteristics of Apricot
|Vitamins||C, E, K|
|Minerals||Sodium, Potassium, Sodium|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
6 Amazing Benefits of Apricot
Read these amazing benefits of eating apricot:
1. Good For Your Heart
Apricots have anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties that keep your heart healthy. It prevents cholesterol to form a layer in your arteries. Apricots reduce the risks of heart attacks and strokes. You can add apricots in any savory dish of your choice or you can have them in your morning breakfast.
2. Purifies Blood
Apricots are rich in vitamins and minerals that help purify your blood from toxins. It prevents the onset of several diseases like cold, cough and fever. Consume apricots on a regular basis twice a day in your morning and evening snack to boost your immune system.
3. Makes Your Skin Radiant
Apricots are rich in Vitamin E that reduces melanin production in your skin. It improves your skin complexion and brings back the lost glow to your skin. You can add 4-5 apricots in any face masks of your choice or you can make a paste of apricots and yoghurt.
4. Strengthens Bones
Apricots are rich in calcium and phosphorous that provides much-needed strength to your bones. It relieves you from arthritis pain and pain due to the weakening of bones. You can have 6-7 apricots in the morning or evening.
5. Improves Digestive System
Apricots are rich in dietary fiber that swells in the intestinal tract to relief you from constipation. It regulates your bowel movements and improves your digestive system. You can have 5-6 apricots twice a day for a healthy digestive system.
6. Boosts Immune System
The anti-inflammatory properties and the anti-oxidants present in apricots provides the essential vitamins to your body. It keeps your immune system healthy and makes it strong enough to fight with fever, cold, nausea, etc.
How To Use Apricot
- Mix Apricot with Yoghurt to make a healthy morning snack
- Add it to your salad
- Add apricots to your brown sugar or cranberry juice
- Blends apricots with milk and sprinkle it on your French toast or waffles
- Add apricots to your orange juice and freeze it to make a healthy orange candy
Dosage: How Much Should You take?
- You can take 500 mg (10-12 kernels) of apricots twice a day.
Side Effects of Apricot and it’s Precautions
Apricots are 100% natural and they do not possess any side effects. However, you should avoid over-consumption (more than 700 mg) of Apricots as it can cause gastric issues due to its rich fiber content.
Important Questions About Apricots Answered
What are the benefits of Apricots?
Apricots are good for your heart, purifies blood, makes your skin radiant, strengthens bones, improves digestive system and boosts your immune system.
What are Apricots abundant in?
Apricots are rich sources of energy (50Kcal) and dietary fibre.
Is Apricot good for weight loss?
Apricots are rich in dietary fibre that improves metabolism in your body. Improved metabolism aids in weight loss.
Are Apricots good for skin?
Apricots are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of anti-oxidants that prevent bacterial infection in your skin. It also makes your skin radiant and lightens your complexion.
How many apricots should you eat in a day?
You can take 500 mg (10-12 kernels) of apricots twice a day.
Can I eat Apricot Skin?
Yes, you can eat Apricot skin.
What happens when you eat too many Apricots?
Over consumption of Apricots results in gastric issues and loose motions.
Are Apricots fattening?
No, Apricots are not fattening.
Is Apricot recommended for high blood pressure?
Apricots regulate your blood pressure as it has anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties which are good for your heart.
Can you die from eating Apricot seeds?
No, you can’t die from eating apricot seeds.
Is Apricot good for diabetes?
If eaten in moderation Apricots can be consumed to maintain your blood sugar levels.
Are Apricots good for constipation?
The rich content of dietary fibre in Apricots relieves constipation issues.
Where To Buy Apricots?
You can buy 100% natural apricots from these websites and save money using:
You can also buy apricots from: