How are Dry Fruits Essential During Pregnancy
Dry fruits are packed with nutrients essential during pregnancy and otherwise. Most dry fruits are recommended for expecting mothers as they help in dealing with pregnancy symptoms and lactation. They also help in the growth and development of the baby.
Dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, figs, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds provide essential vitamins and fibre content to pregnant ladies. However, it is essential to consult your gynecologist in order check for the quantity and if they suit you.
Nutritional content of dry fruits
Dry fruits satiate hunger levels and are a rich source of vitamins like B1-B9, C, K, E and H. They provide minerals, proteins, amino acids and fibre content needed for an expecting mother. They are also rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium and other anti-oxidants.
Benefits of dry fruits
- Dietary fibre prevents constipation during pregnancy
- Potassium controls blood pressure and boosts muscle control
- Magnesium helps in development of nerves and bones of the baby
- Sugar content in dry fruits provide energy
- Dry fruits like prunes or dates strengthen muscles of the uterus and help in smooth delivery
- Vitamin E helps in baby’s cell and lung development
- Iron provides more hemoglobin
Also Read: Benefits of Dry Fruits
How to consume dry fruits
Dry fruits can either be taken as a whole or in the following ways
- Add them to foods
- Make energy bars
- Chop them in salads
- Use them as a topping on desserts
Also Read: Benefits of Saffron during Pregnency
Side Effects of dry fruits during pregnancy
Having more than required quantity of dry-fruits can have adverse effects on the mother and the baby.
Some side effects expecting mothers can face are:
- Gas, bloating and diarrhea
- Excess weight gain
- Soaring blood sugar levels
- Possibility of allergic reactions
Precautions for having dry fruits
- Eat them in moderation
- Choose sundried fruits
- Avoid dry fruits that have added sugar
- Choose organic dry fruits, devoid of preservatives as these may cause allergic reactions and asthmatic issues
- Store them in a cool and dry place
Where to buy dry fruits
Benefit yourself and your baby by having dry fruits Save big by using these coupons to buy them.
Other places to buy dry fruits: