Table of Contents
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is a plant species of Garcinia which is native to Indonesia. It is a fruit which ranges from about the size of an orange to that of the grapefruit. It is like a small pumpkin which is yellowish, greenish and sometimes reddish in color. It is mainly used for cooking and weight loss purposes.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Garcinia Cambogia in Hindi
Nutritional Characteristics of Garcinia Cambogia
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Contains Xanthones (phytonutrients)
- Weight loss supplement
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-angiogenic properties
- Cancer-fighting properties
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
Promotes Weight Loss
The hydroxycitric acid present in Garcinia Cambogia prevents calories to be stored as fats in your body. It increases metabolism and cures obesity. Dr. Shao Kang Hung, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Devon, UK, states that consumption of Garcinia extracts promotes weight loss on the short term.
Garcinia Combojia is known to increase stamina and eliminate fatigue. Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is the component responsible that builds up your stamina. It motivates you to follow a healthy lifestyle.
Improved metabolism aids in weight loss. Garcinia Cambogia boosts your metabolism which reduces storage of calories in the adipose tissue. According to Dr. Swee Keong Yeap, Institute of Bioscience, University Putra Malaysia, consumption of Garcinia Cambogia increases your metabolic rate by 5–10% in your body.
Regulates Blood Sugar
Garcinia Combojia regulates blood sugar levels in your body. Regular consumption of Garcinia Cambogia with water makes you free from unexpected drops and spikes in your blood sugar levels. It is an excellent remedy for people suffering from diabetes.
Lower Cholesterol Levels
The herbs and HCA compounds in Garcinia Cambogia remove LDL (Low Density Lipoprotiens) cholesterol levels from your body. It decreases the possibility of heart attacks, strokes and other fatal diseases caused by high cholesterol levels in your system.
The HCA compound present in Garcinia Cambogia reduces cortisol levels in your body. Cortisol is the stress hormone that increases anxiety levels. Garcinia extracts reduce the production of this hormone and the oxidative stress in your brain. It is beneficial in reducing symptoms of depression by affecting the moods of a person.
How to Use Garcinia Combojia?
- It can be used a spice to cook many traditional dishes such as curries
- You can combine Garcinia Cambogia powder with milk, water, juice or smoothie
- You can take Garcinia Cambogia capsules twice a day
Caution: Always take Garcinia Cambogia pills 30–40 minutes before your meals.
Dosage: How Much Should You Take?
- 1500 mg (in divided measures) of Garcinia Cambogia powder should be taken
- You can have 2–3 (morning, afternoon and evening) pills of Garcinia Cambogia in a day
Caution: Always take Garcinia Cambogia on an empty stomach before your morning breakfast.
Side Effects and Precautions
- Do not consume Garcinia Cambogia if you suffer from bipolar disorder as it worsens the condition.
- Not suitable for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers
- It worsens liver damage; hence, it is not suitable for people suffering from liver diseases.
Where to Buy?
Here are the websites where you can buy Garcinia Cambogia:
Best Brands to Buy Garcinia Cambogia:
- Naturabest Garcinia Cambogia