Table of Contents
- 1 What is Isabgol
- 2 Ingredients of Isabgol
- 3 Medicinal Properties of Isabgol
- 4 Therapeutic Indications of Isabgol
- 5 Dosage of Isabgol
- 6 Benefits of Isabgol
- 6.1 1. Relieves Constipation
- 6.2 2. Cures Diarrhea
- 6.3 3. Keeps Your Digestive System Healthy
- 6.4 4. Aids in Weight Loss
- 6.5 5. Keeps Your Heart Healthy
- 6.6 6. Reduces Cholesterol Levels
- 6.7 7. Regulates Blood Sugar
- 6.8 8. Reduces Nocturnal Emission (Night Fall)
- 6.9 9. Cures Leucorrhea
- 6.10 10. Relieves Chronic Toxicity
- 7 Isabgol as an Ayurvedic Treatment
- 8 Side Effects of Isabgol
- 9 Buyer’s Guide: Price and Where to Buy
- 10 18 Important Questions About Isabgol Answered
- 10.1 Can Isabgol be consumed before or after meals?
- 10.2 Can Isabgol be taken on an empty stomach?
- 10.3 Can Isabgol be consumed with water?
- 10.4 What is the right way to consume Isabgol Psyllium Husk?
- 10.5 Is it safe to have Isabgol with milk at night during pregnancy?
- 10.6 Is it better to have Isabgol with milk or with water?
- 10.7 What are the benefits of consuming Isabgol once a week?
- 10.8 Can I have protein powder with Isabgol?
- 10.9 What is the right way to consume Isabgol Psyllium Husk?
- 10.10 Is it safe to have Isabgol with milk at night during pregnancy?
- 10.11 Is it better to have Isabgol with milk or with water?
- 10.12 What are the benefits of consuming Isabgol once a week?
- 10.13 Can I have protein powder with Isabgol?
- 10.14 Is it safe to take Isabgol twice a week?
- 10.15 Does Isabgol help in weight loss?
- 10.16 How many times a day is it safe to take Isabgol?
- 10.17 Is it ok to have psyllium husk before bed?
- 10.18 How long should you wait to eat after taking psyllium husk?
- 10.19 You Must Also See:
1What is Isabgol
Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) is the seed of the plant Plantago Ovata (Genus Plantago). The plant has long and narrow leaves and its seeds are arranged in a way similar to that of wheat. It is a herb that is native to Asia, the Mediterranean region and North Africa. Psyllium is a rabi crop that requires cool, sunny and dry weather to grow and 5-6 months to get harvest ready. Isabgol contains insoluble and soluble fibre that acts as a good dietary supplement and aids in digestion.
Psyllium husk contains 70% soluble fibre and 30% insoluble fibre. It is a known remedy to clear out toxins from your body. Isabgol is primarily used for medicinal purposes and has a myriad of health benefits. The soluble fibre in Isabgol helps in reducing the risk of health issues like constipation, cholesterol, diarrhea, regulates blood sugar level and more.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Isabgol in Hindi