We live in a polluted world that is not friendly towards our hair. People suffer from various conditions that cause them to lose hair. However, there are various natural oils available that can prevent hair loss and aid regrowth. Massaging your scalp with these natural oils will do wonders for your hair. Read on to learn how.
Read About: Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil For an oily Scalp
Why Should You Oil Your Hair?
Oiling your hair is something that has been considered a vital part of any hair care regimen. It is effective in dealing with all hair-related issues like dandruff, dryness, split ends, hair fall etc.
When you oil your hair, you increase blood circulation in hair follicles. This not only strengthens your hair but stimulates hair growth. Oiling your hair is also a wonderful way to deliver important nutrients to your skin and hair.
Natural Carrier Oils For Men And Women
Nowadays, there are different types of oils available in the market. These natural oils, when applied to your scalp, will make your hair healthy and shiny. These will also reduce dryness, flaky skin, hair loss and increase blood circulation. Both men and women can use them for similar benefits.
Let us look at some of the prominent carrier oils to use on your hair:
- Light and non-sticky
- The goodness of almonds nourishes your hair
- Rich in Vitamin E, which makes your hair strong and shiny
- Reduces dandruff
- Suitable for dry and frizzy hair
- Rich in Vitamin E, Omega 3 and fatty acids
- Manages unruly hair
- Keeps them soft and shiny
- Suitable for all hair types
- Keeps the roots of your hair strong and healthy
- Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Has antimicrobial powers
- Works as a deep moisturizer for your hair
- Improves blood circulation
- Fights off bacteria
- Gives you softer and smoother hair
- Contains proteins, amino acids and vitamins A, D, E and B6
- Repairs damaged and frizzy hair
- Manages frizzy hair
- Suitable for thick hair
- Contains vitamin E, minerals, and proteins
- Contains antioxidants that support the keratin in hair, making it stronger and smoother
- Its anti-fungal properties control hair fall, fights scalp infections and dandruff
- Prevents split ends
Benefits Of Oiling Your Hair
- Leads to Hair Re-Growth – A good hair oil promotes hair growth by stimulating the inactive follicles on your scalp. This helps hair re-growth, improves its volume and thickness as well.
- Conditions Hair- Oiling is a must to prevent your hair from getting dry. Dryness causes damage to your hair and can create problems like split ends, breakage etc. So, a good hair oil needs to be applied to keep them conditioned and moisturized.
- Curbs Hair Fall- Oiling your hair regularly is considered effective in preventing hair fall and hair breakage to a large extent. There are many more benefits of natural oils for hair growth. Applying different kinds of oils to see which works best for you is also important.
- Nourishes Hair Follicles- Hair oils help nourish your hair follicles which encourages them to grow long and beautiful.
- Makes Your Hair Shine- Oils are also effective moisturizers. They contain moisture in your hair for a longer time. This makes your hair shine
- Strengthens Your Hair- A lot of the oils have rare fatty acids, vitamins and proteins that make your hair strong.
How To Use Oil In Your Hair?
While oiling may seem like a straightforward thing to do, there are ways to oil your hair that are extremely beneficial.
- Shampoo your hair and pat it dry
- Mix a carrier oil and essential oil
- Take some of this oil mixture in your hand
- Begin by massaging your scalp and hair roots in a circular motion
- Oil your hair till their tips
- Use a comb to even out the oil and cover your entire hair
- Take a towel and soak it in hot water
- Remove the excess water from the towel
- Wrap your hair in this warm towel and leave it for 30 minutes or more
- Wash/shampoo off the excess oil and then apply conditioner
- Repeat this process at least twice a week for maximum benefits
Essential Oils For Your Hair
You can also use the following essential oils to improve hair growth. It is best to use a combination of carrier oils and essential oils.
- Lavender Oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Chamomile Oil
- Cedarwood Oil
- Clary Sage Oil
- Lemongrass oil
- Peppermint oil
Similar Stories You Can Read
- How To Grow Your Hair Faster?
- How To Grow Your Hair Longer?
- Patanjali Shampoo For Hair Growth
- Sunsilk Green Shampoo Review
Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs
Q. Which hair oil is good to apply after using derma roller for good hair growth?
Coconut oil can be used after dermarolling as it gives the natural oil and also gives a soothing effect and helps in providing relief from pain and irritation which is sometimes caused by dermarolling.
Q. Is castor oil good for hair growth?
Castor oil is very beneficial for hair growth. Castor oil nourishes your hair and also prevents hair loss because of the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Know in detail about the benefits of castor oil for hair growth.
Q. Which natural oils stimulate hair growth?
Almond oil, Olive oil, and Coconut oil are the top natural oils which can be used for hair regrowth. Almond oil contains vitamin E which nourishes your hair and helps in hair regrowth. Olive oil improves blood circulation and hence stimulates hair growth. Coconut oil is rich in Carbohydrates, Vitamins, and minerals which make your hair healthy and strong.